General Admissions & OTCAS Anatomy Withdraw

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agingold

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

Currently I'm taking A&P 1 at a top research university and it isn't going well. Unfortunately we adhere to a bell-curve and 3/4 of the class is pre-med or pre-pa students...and then there is myself who hasn't had microbio/organic chemistries/etc.

I'm currently projecting a B- or C+ in the class and am considering dropping. I know having a good grade in these classes is important in OT school admission and I'm afraid keeping it is really going to hinder myself, in addition to stressing myself out beyond max.

On a good note, however, I just got offered a 25 hour shadowing opportunity at a hospital for July and dropping this course would allow me to complete that (there's no way I would have the time if I continue with A&P).

I guess my question is how bad does a withdraw in this course look on your transcript? I plan on re-taking at an easier University before applying and know I can make a much better grade. I just don't want to risk a C in this course...

Members don't see this ad.

I was in an identical situation. Dropped the class and retook with an A and got into OT school.

OT is forgiving especially since "W" doesn't really count. If you take it at another institution, then they can only take that into considering your pre-req GPA.