My OAT score is
QR: 290
RC: 300
Bio: 370
GC: 330
OC: 340
Phy: 310

Avg: 320

before you judge: when I took the exam the computer froze a couple of times. The computer also didn't stop the timer during my break. so I lost about 7 mins per section (more so on the QR section since it was last). I called the test center and the board and they are allowing me to retake the exam next month or keep my score. The thing is I have been studying for the MCAT, the GRE and OAT for about 3+ months straight and I really do need a break. Should I take it again or are these scores good enough to get in?

also my
GPA: 3.79
sGPA: 4.0
Please advise me soon, as I need to call them back with my decision within 3 days

Members don't see this ad.

My OAT score is

before you judge: when I took the exam the computer froze a couple of times. The computer also didn't stop the timer during my break. so I lost about 7 mins per section (more so on the QR section since it was last). I called the test center and the board and they are allowing me to retake the exam next month or keep my score. The thing is I have been studying for the MCAT, the GRE and OAT for about 3+ months straight and I really do need a break. Should I take it again or are these scores good enough to get in?

also my
Please advise me soon, as I need to call them back with my decision within 3 days

Those score are decent/avg. but your GPA will make up for it. Usually schools don't like seeing anything below 300, but as I said your GPA is exceptional. Apply early with strong recommendations and you should be fine. Make sure you apply to 5-6 just to be safe.

My OAT score is

also my

Wait why are you studying for all 3? 0_0

Members don't see this ad :)
I have Asian parents.

mom wants me to be an engineer
dad wants me to be a cardiologist
I want to go to optometry school

You really need to sit down and figure out what you want to do and apply to ONE field and focus your energy on ONE test. Don't let your parents decide your fate, no one ends up happy that way. But do your research, Optometry doesn't have the best outlook right now. Medicine is 8+ years of school, if your heart isn't in it, I doubt you'll stay disciplined enough. I don't know enough about engineering, but I think you just need a BS? Good luck!

PS. if you decide on Optometry, I would retake it

You really need to sit down and figure out what you want to do and apply to ONE field and focus your energy on ONE test. Don't let your parents decide your fate, no one ends up happy that way. But do your research, Optometry doesn't have the best outlook right now. Medicine is 8+ years of school, if your heart isn't in it, I doubt you'll stay disciplined enough. I don't know enough about engineering, but I think you just need a BS? Good luck!

PS. if you decide on Optometry, I would retake it

Well said... my brother tried something similar when he was in his undergrad (he's 30 now), and he's still somewhat confused about what to do with his life.

It's best to stick with one thing and not get caught up in other people's plans for you. If you know you want Optometry, then put all of your energy in it and go for it.

Well said... my brother tried something similar when he was in his undergrad (he's 30 now), and he's still somewhat confused about what to do with his life.

It's best to stick with one thing and not get caught up in other people's plans for you. If you know you want Optometry, then put all of your energy in it and go for it.

Tell your brother good luck for me. Thanks for the advice! I just rescheduled my exam.
I'll give it a go:
I don't have the drive for medical school. I have a BS in engineering but government jobs require a masters or higher. Private industry is too unstable right now.

I've worked with my mentor in the optometry office since high school. I love the patient doctor relationship in this field it's a lot more personal than that of any physician.

I think everyone should have a back up though bc sometimes when u put all energy into something it doesn't work out.