An Ambitious Plan For Retaking Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StrawHatDMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey you guys.

I recently read on the forums that osteopathic schools will accept applicants retaking classes and that the grade replacement, if good the second time, would help improve my science gpa.

Here is a plan I concocted (muahaha) that I was wondering would work or not.

I am a Health Systems Management major and I do want to graduate with this degree. However, my sGPA is a 2.74 (2.94 bcpm). My school doesn't allow retakes unless you do really really bad. So what I was thinking about doing this semester was retaking gen chem and possibly gen physics at a local community college while in my current university. Schedule wise it can work. the concern of course would be that it is too much but the way I see it, I've done it before, so it shouldn't be too bad second time around.

What do you guys think? Please let me know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey you guys.

I recently read on the forums that osteopathic schools will accept applicants retaking classes and that the grade replacement, if good the second time, would help improve my science gpa.

Here is a plan I concocted (muahaha) that I was wondering would work or not.

I am a Health Systems Management major and I do want to graduate with this degree. However, my sGPA is a 2.74 (2.94 bcpm). My school doesn't allow retakes unless you do really really bad. So what I was thinking about doing this semester was retaking gen chem and possibly gen physics at a local community college while in my current university. Schedule wise it can work. the concern of course would be that it is too much but the way I see it, I've done it before, so it shouldn't be too bad second time around.

What do you guys think? Please let me know. Thanks.

A lot of people do retakes at CC. Doesn't hurt. Its financially smart to do it, especially if you've graduated from your 4 year program. Just make sure you can handle the coursework if you're doing concurrent enrollment.

The general rule is that 4-year retakes > CC retakes but if it's really your only option, then take it.

But you'd better be sure you can handle the courseload, if you go forward with the plan this would essentially be your second and only chance to nail these classes.