WAMC 500 MCAT, 3.95 sGPA, 3.97cGPA, retaking MCAT 9/8

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iman Khan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if I could please have your 2 cents on my school list.

Just to give some background: 500 MCAT from this June, retaking 9/8. sGPA is 3.95, cGPA is 3.97. Lots of volunteer tutoring, mentoring. Also worked as a tutor. Scribed for one year. Nice LOR from professors, have DO LOR. 100 hours research. Family caretaker. Asian. From AZ.

Already applied MWU, Western U, and AT Still KCOM. I received secondaries from all 4, but I think I will wait to submit secondaries after my 9/8 test date. Midwestern and AT Still told me they will not review my app until my retake is in, so 10/13. Any other DO schools I should add? And is it a bad idea to focus on my studying for now and submit secondaries more than a month after being invited to complete them?

Also one more thing, should I add any more MD schools to my school list aside from the 3 in state ones, AZ, I already applied to: UA Tucson, UA Phoenix, Creighton? I submitted my AMCAS on July 22nd, not verified yet. I know I am very late for MD and my current MCAT too low, but still wanted to ask? Would it be a waste of money to apply to any more MD programs with my retake coming in 10/13?

Thank you for any help or advice you can provide, I really do appreciate it. Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to posting here and this applying thing.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Schools are under no obligation to wait for your new MCAT SCORE to make a decision on moving your file forward. By the time you get your score in October your fate might be decided at some MD schools you apply to. If you will only be happy with a MD after your name don’t apply this cycle at all. Wait u til ne t cycle when you will hopefully have a much higher MCAT score.

Reactions: 1 users
Schools are under no obligation to wait for your new MCAT SCORE to make a decision on moving your file forward. By the time you get your score in October your fate might be decided at some MD schools you apply to. If you will only be happy with a MD after your name don’t apply this cycle at all. Wait u til ne t cycle when you will hopefully have a much higher MCAT score.
Thank you for your advice. I'd be totally happy going to a DO school, are there any other DO schools you recommend I add to my list?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would stick with your in-state MD schools especially if there is a strong mission fit. Similarly for DOs so you could try TCOM which I don't think has as strong a Texas preference. Burrell is next door in NM but be aware of its provisional accreditation, but you have KCOM already.

I would stick with your in-state MD schools especially if there is a strong mission fit. Similarly for DOs so you could try TCOM which I don't think has as strong a Texas preference. Burrell is next door in NM but be aware of its provisional accreditation, but you have KCOM already.
TCOM + Burrell, sounds good, thank you very much!!