AMG senior with iis and Step 2 CS retake pass - how screwed am I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

excited_hat

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the subject line states, I am a senior at an American MD school, applying psychiatry, with a CS retake pass. I was fortunate enough to receive multiple interview invites (all of which I attended),

No other red flags, and all other Steps were first-time passes.

With the recent increase in failure rates on CS for AMGs after the passing threshold was raised, I wonder how heavily CS is weighed still by psychiatry PDs.

I am extremely frustrated by this CS result, given that my patients have always complimented me on my bedside manners.

Will I get ranked at all by psychiatry programs? What can I do to clear up any remaining doubts about my interpersonal skills?

I fear that my application has essentially received the kiss of death. Psychiatry is all I've ever wanted to do, and it feels like my career has tanked before it's even started.

Members don't see this ad.

programs will consider the totality of your application including your interview day. since you have decided not to provide any other information about you or where you applied no one can give you any further information. you have passed CS now which is infinitely better than applying with only a failed CS score. it is too late to do anything at this point with your application (though make sure programs know you passed CS if this is a recent development), given most programs have made their rank lists if not submitted. good luck and come back and post what happens after the match. dont waste time and energy fretting about things you cannot control.

Reactions: 3 users