Opinions on Tufts and BU Psychiatry residency program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChroniclerOfSuccess

Reaction score
Looking for thoughts or opinions on these two programs. Don't know much about them, but I'm an interested third year hoping to apply to residency to them.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't really know anything about Tufts psych. Tufts, as an organization, seemed to be having some funding issues back when I knew more about the goings-on in Boston, but not sure how that's turned out.

BU inpatient/CL work is based at Boston Medical Center and various area VA's and other affiliated inpatient units. You will get a LOT of exposure to dual-dx and other social determinants of health. You will probably get the best training at dealing with malingering individuals in the emergency department. I don't know a lot about their outpatient training. Unlike most other programs in the area, you will probably need a car. (A car is a boon at many other programs in Boston, but not a necessity.)

I don't really know anything about Tufts psych. Tufts, as an organization, seemed to be having some funding issues back when I knew more about the goings-on in Boston, but not sure how that's turned out.

BU inpatient/CL work is based at Boston Medical Center and various area VA's and other affiliated inpatient units. You will get a LOT of exposure to dual-dx and other social determinants of health. You will probably get the best training at dealing with malingering individuals in the emergency department. I don't know a lot about their outpatient training. Unlike most other programs in the area, you will probably need a car. (A car is a boon at many other programs in Boston, but not a necessity.)
Thank you! :) Do you know if BU requires a medicine Sub-I or if it's highly encouraged? From the way things are looking at my school I don't think I'll be able to bag one. Also do you know if Mcclean, BWH, MGH, BIDMC, Tufts, Umass, Brown, or Uconn have the same requirements?

Thank you! :) Do you know if BU requires a medicine Sub-I or if it's highly encouraged? From the way things are looking at my school I don't think I'll be able to bag one. Also do you know if Mcclean, BWH, MGH, BIDMC, Tufts, Umass, Brown, or Uconn have the same requirements?
I'm too far out to give you an accurate answer for that question (narrowly, in terms of a "requirement.") MGH/McLean and BWH will especially want you to have strong medicine skills, though.