Which Boston Psych residencies requier medicine Sub-I's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChroniclerOfSuccess

Reaction score
I'm a 3rd year hoping to apply next year and just worried that some of the programs I'll be applying to will be out of reach because of needing med sub-I's. I go to a mid-low tier MD school but they don't offer many med sub-I spots and I'm kind of worried about my ability to bag one. Wanted to see if it would close any doors for me.

Members don't see this ad.

This is a thing? I mean people apply to residencies from literal foreign medical schools that certainly don't have a concept of a sub-i. I thought generally residencies were looking for people who graduated from medical school and passed their Steps.

This is a thing? I mean people apply to residencies from literal foreign medical schools that certainly don't have a concept of a sub-i. I thought generally residencies were looking for people who graduated from medical school and passed their Steps.
In larger cities (like Boston) and at more competitive programs, medicine clerkship grades and/or whether a medicine sub-internship was completed can matter. This is because some of these programs still require their interns to rotate through the several relatively high-complexity medicine wards and the medical ICU +/- they have robust consult-liaison services with quite medically complex patients.

Not having done a medicine sub-I probably won't break you, but if you're able to schedule one at some point in the year, I'd say do it.