Help with AMCAS Transcript Issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TNF-α

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

TLDR: Having trouble getting notice of non-attendance from a college I went to a high school summer camp at and didn't take any college courses/credit, but am still being required by AMCAS to produce a transcript or letter of non-attendance.

I submitted my primary application May 27th and then much to my surprise received a notice May 28th from AMCAS requesting a transcript from a college I had never attended. I went to a summer camp at this college in high school, but did not take any classes or receive any form of credit from this college. This college shows up on my transcript from the actual undergraduate institute I got my degree from, but it's listed as having received 0 credits and occurring during when I went to high school.

I reached out to AMCAS on May 28th and they said I would need to reach out to the registar's office from the college I didn't attend and have them send a transcript showing I had not attended any classes or received any credit from their institute. I did this the same day and got said college to send a transcript to AMCAS indicating I had not taken any classes at said college. I followed up a week later, but AMCAS said they had not received anything and that I would need to wait up to 15 business days before they could confirm receiving any new transcripts.

I double checked with the registar's office from said college and they assured me they had sent the transcript and I proceeded to wait 15 business days. My application was still on hold so I called AMCAS again. This time AMCAS said they needed a letter of non-attendance from the registar's office, but because the issue had been dragging on they would escalate my case and reach out to said college for me to confirm my non-attendance. Instead of reaching out to said college, they emailed me twice, with one email saying I needed a transcript from said college and the other email saying I needed to get a letter of non-attendance from said college. I have emailed said college's registar office again asking for a letter of non-attendance to be sent to AMCAS, but they are currently on holiday.

I am worried that this will keep dragging out and significantly delay my application processing. I've been in contact over the phone with AMCAS three times, replied to all of their emails, and followed all of their instructions, but my application is still on hold and I keep getting told different things by different people at AMCAS. I find this particularly frustrating because I am a re-applicant and when I applied the first time this was not a problem.

Does anyone have any advice on dealing with AMCAS and could anyone comment on at what point should I worry about my application being processed too late?

Members don't see this ad.