AMCAS Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BCqueen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having a heart attack. I was looking at my AMCAS app (waiting to be verified), and I saw that instead of putting my Stat class under the "Other" category, I put it under "Math." My friend said that if you make a mistake on your AMCAS application they send it back and you have to take a year off. Dosen't AMCAS make adjustments for that kind of mistake? Thanks for the replies.

Members don't see this ad.

No no no, you are ok! Your friend has a very twisted sense of humor. If you make a mistake they will put a little x and correct it. It is no big deal. I think you can put statistics under math. I know it is calculated as part of BCPM GPA. I'm pretty sure anyway. If not they will fix it. Don't worry or have a heart attack!

Thanks so much for the reply. I can calm down now. Just one more general question, if you enter the wrong grade, do they send back your app, or do they just fix it for you?

Members don't see this ad :)
They will fix it and put down whatever grade is on your official transcript. They'll put one of those little x's out to the side showing they made a correction. I had a couple on mine for different little things, it's not a big deal. Good luck!!

The little green amcas gnomes will fix it. They always do. Smart those gnomes are. Very smart to get into our computers and fix things like that.