Almost made it..twice, help needed.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pkowser

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I have been at this game of gaining admission to medical school for a couple years now. Here is a synopsis of my applications. For the last three years I have only applied to geographically local schools as I was supporting my wife through her doctoral degree. She is now done and I have the option to go anywhere for school. I finished my degree and pre med studies in 2006. My science GPA is 3.8 and overall GPA is 3.5. I have 2+ years of clinical/hospital work ranging from general patient care to surgical assisting, plus many types of clinical and non clinical volunteer activities. I have excellent LOR's from 4 physicians who I have worked with and who practice or trained at a very well respected and world known facility. I am bound and determined to make my admissions happen.

First MCAT 29O 2006 paper
Second 23P 2008 computer
Third 25Q 2010 computer

But I need advice as to what to do.
Are there some US schools within reach, which are they?, DO?, caribbean? or other foreign schools? I applied to one state school this year as EDP and just found out I did not get in. I am still in the running for the regular pool, but that is honestly a slim possibility now. I have been wait listed twice in the past but not high enough on the list to get in. I am almost 29 and I am ready to start school.

Thank you for your advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Try LECOM -

"Each candidate must submit his or her most recent Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) scores. MCAT scores taken within the past three years are acceptable. Successful candidates typically have a mean MCAT score of 24."