Alex Murdaugh- Netflix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BLADEMDA

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alex Murdaugh was just convicted of murder x 2 in South Carolina. I recently saw the Netflix documentary on the family. This is worth your time to see how a prominent family falls so far from grace. After seeing the series, I was convinced the son, Buster, murdered his gay lover and classmate in 2015 and the mother, Maggie, murdered the maid. Paul was guilty of homicide by being cold-stone drunk and killing a young girl on his boat. If you haven't seen the documetary, it is worth your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I just don't understand why Alex killed his wife and kid.... Something just felt off....

Members don't see this ad :)
I just don't understand why Alex killed his wife and kid.... Something just felt off....
My theory is for the life insurance policy on his wife or son. He needed the money. Or, the wife was going to run off with millions of stolen money he had accumulated over the years because she was planning on filing for divorce. Bottom line- MONEY.

• Hmm
My theory is for the life insurance policy on his wife or son. He needed the money. Or, the wife was going to run off with millions of stolen money he had accumulated over the years because she was planning on filing for divorce. Bottom line- MONEY.
My understanding is there was no life insurance policy on either victim. Also they guy was stalking millions every year and making millions legitimately every year. So that's a pretty weak motive even if it was true that his wife was going to do that.

Following along the trial it seemed that the state didn't even try to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt. They just brought up all of his stealing and shafting of everyone. Clearly the guy was a horrible person, but there was no real proof that he murdered his wife and son.

Very scary that this can happen nowadays. Don't have to have legitimate proof to be convicted, just a general feeling that you're a "bad guy."

he just shaved his head bald walter white style. this whole saga is crazy and its likely not over with buster still around.

Maybe true but he was placed at the scene right before it happened.
And they were killed with 2 different guns both types of which he owned, but those 2 guns were never found (the murder weapons) and his guns are also missing.

And he lied about where he was at multiple points the night of the murder.

Let's also not forget that addicts are not entirely rational people, especially at the doses he claims to have been taking.

His son, Paul, was murdered 6 minutes after recording his dad on his cell phone. 6 minutes. Alex owned the guns, lied about being at the scene, and was generally viewed as a liar, drug addict and thief. I'd say that was enough evidence for a conviction.

• Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
Money is the root of all evil. Unless we live extravagantly. 200k is enough to live comfortably in 95% of the USA.

The issue was the liability of the boat accident killing the girl.

The family owned the boat. Regardless if the son was as adult driving it. The family owned the boat and was likely liable for 10 million or more in damages. Since it was negligent involving alcohol. Most umbrella policies will not cover it.

Reading articles his stealing of funds from clients/his company and the trial for his son over the boating death/near deaths were about to start days within the murders of his wife/son. I think he felt the deaths would make things go away for a while.

He lied about it all. He was there at the kennels minutes before his wife/son were killed. He left the scene and returned to the scene that night (all proven with cell phones/car travel tracking). The most obvious solution is almost always the right one. He had the means to commit and reasons to do it. He was also an obvious long term slimeball who never had to answer to anyone. He thought he could get away with anything. From my viewpoint he’s fine to sit in jail for the rest of his life.

Reactions: 1 user
Alex Murdaugh was just convicted of murder x 2 in South Carolina. I recently saw the Netflix documentary on the family. This is worth your time to see how a prominent family falls so far from grace. After seeing the series, I was convinced the son, Buster, murdered his gay lover and classmate in 2015 and the mother, Maggie, murdered the maid. Paul was guilty of homicide by being cold-stone drunk and killing a young girl on his boat. If you haven't seen the documetary, it is worth your time.

Holy smokes -

Just started watching this tonight - then saw this post.

It’s crazy.

He even has "Murda" in his name..case closed

Reactions: 2 users
His son, Paul, was murdered 6 minutes after recording his dad on his cell phone. 6 minutes. Alex owned the guns, lied about being at the scene, and was generally viewed as a liar, drug addict and thief. I'd say that was enough evidence for a conviction.
Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk,”
-- Henry David Thoreau

Reactions: 1 user
If the Murdaughs had more money and kids they’d be the ****ing Kennedys.

This would assume that you were confident in the medical examiner's testimony and expertise. Much of the commentary I saw called that into question. I'm not saying the guy's innocent. I'm just pointing out a perspective different from the "curated Netflix POV"