Albert Einstein Class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
aww sasha thats soo cute!

im in need of comfort items too. im bringing my beanie baby giraffe, my lil gordie the giraffe.

anyways ive decided to go furniture shopping when i get to einstein. im bringing a sleeping bag and that'll be my bed for a few days hahaha.

Members don't see this ad.

one of my roommates posted this re: the room situation:

It's really big (at least by New York standards) and I measured all the rooms so we'd have an idea of what to bring.

Bedroom 1
(this is the one that's listed as 12' 5" x 11'1")
it's actually 13' 2" x 11' 1", it's the quietest room, seeing as how it's the farthest from the living room and the door. the view is really nice - you see the residences next to us plus part of the cityscape. it's got three shelves in the closet (vs. one for all the other closets).

Bedroom 2
(listed as 14' 2" x 11'3")
actual dimensions: 13'11" x 11'2", worst view: you see part of the city and then everything else is obstructed by the wall of bedroom 1 (i took this room).

Bedroom 3
(walled off living area)
dimensions: 13' 5" x 11' 11," bigger windows than the other bedrooms and has the best view (I think) - you can even see Eastchester bay from there. the closet for this room is outside.

the closets are all really big (the differences being that bedroom 1 has more shelves: they're probably 7' x 2' - definitely wide enough to fit one of those rolling drawers you could get at target).

living room: 11' 8" x 12'
dining room: 8' 11" x 7' 11"
bathroom's pretty small and dark (I asked housing to fix our bathroom light for us). we will need to get a shower curtain though.

Hey All

Does anyone know anything about the book buying process at Einstein? Ie, where people buy their books or when one should do this?

Hannah

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys,

I know this is a financial aid question but, is anyone else considering using a different lender than citibank for their stafford loans? I was just wondering how common this is with AECOM students.

hannah,
haha books...i can barely handle moving in (it is ridiculous...and i officially hate ikea...)...but i would like to know what others know about that...

meddie,
i didnt know that was an option even....hmmm

the1111gal said:
hannah,
haha books...i can barely handle moving in (it is ridiculous...and i officially hate ikea...)...but i would like to know what others know about that...

meddie,
i didnt know that was an option even....hmmm

well, i was just reading up on the financial aid forum and apparently, we save more using a different lender. I think I'm going that route and choosing Northstar T.H.E as my lender. Check out the forum if any of you are wondering how it works. :)

thats not nice that they just send us the citibank thing! how much do we save??

the1111gal said:
thats not nice that they just send us the citibank thing! how much do we save??

Well, other companies like northstar's T.H.E program saves you the 3% origination fee that citibank charges. You should definitely look under the financial aid forum about stafford loans to learn more about other companies. Some companies also give you reductions during repayment if you pay on time. I talked to the financial aid office and they chose citibank because it's easier for them. They said that if we wanted to go with another company, we'd just have to get them the copy of our promissary note which is pretty easy. But make sure to do it by the end of this month they said sot hat they can replace your citibank loans. PM me if you want any more details. :)

Hey does anyone know what happened to the aecommunity.com site? I just found out about it, but I can't access it anymore.

don't know where the site went, but in other news... I GOT MY KEYS! i saw my new apt for the first time... not bad, not bad! nice and clean, bright white paint, decent floors, haven't met my roomie yet, but hopefully all will work out well... i had better get moving.. i hate moving... urrrrgggg.... at least i have until the 15th (not taking biochem!).

still no apartment :confused: :scared: :(

wends said:
still no apartment :confused: :scared: :(

No Apt for me either. I called the housing office the other day (Friday?) and they said that everyone will get in, it's just taking them a while b/c Anna (?) was out for a couple of weeks. You're not alone, Wends.

Anyone who has an Apt already know what the move-in process is? Can we move in on the weekends or does the housing office need to be open (i.e. business hours only)?

you can pick up your keys at the 24 hour security desk in the building. if you have a problem or haven't finished your lease paperwork, etc., you have to go to the housing people; i think they are located at 1A of 1345. there's street parking available, but if you call them i think they can let you pull directly up to the buildings. don't know how that works yet... just call the housing office and they'll tell you.

:) ok im in temp housing! yay i wont be living on the streets lol

LESS THAN 2 WEEKS, guys!!

the1111gal said:
lol im already here...

btw i dunno if ya'll heard but parking isnt really an issue...apparently...

Hm.. can you elaborate on that? :)

Btw, I know we'll all be there in just over a week... but I'm dying to hear first impressions from the biochem folk. What do you guys think about Einstein thus far? Your fellow classmates? The class?

Gah... this wait is driving me insane! :D

T minus 8 days until orientation!