Albany College of Pharmacy-Colchester, c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow no one??

Members don't see this ad.

I just got my interview letter today from ACP vermont campus.
Anyone who had interview very recently,
how was the interview?

Also,
I know vermont campus is a satellite campus, so is there any disadvantages?

Thanks!!

interview went very well.. seemed very professional. they said your first year all classes will be taught at the vermont campus then in the second and third year, some of the classes will be taught via distance learning while some will be taught at the vermont campus. no shortage in staff though, seemed like a very tight knit group. defintiely my top choice on the east coast.

is there a facebook group for class of 2016??

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an interview last thursday.
I was very nervous and I am not sure I did it well..
sigh
did anyone get accepted?

I had an interview last thursday.
I was very nervous and I am not sure I did it well..
sigh
did anyone get accepted?

yup, they get back to you very fast.. give them 1 week

Wow..!!
I interviewed on 2/2 and nothing..
Hopefully tomorrow..
Are u going to go to albany??

I will be having my interview(afternoon) on March 16th. Anybody else going to interview on that date?

Wow..!!
I interviewed on 2/2 and nothing..
Hopefully tomorrow..
Are u going to go to albany??

so far yes im going to albany as i already deposited $.
im still waiting for other schools' responses tho.

I will be having my interview(afternoon) on March 16th. Anybody else going to interview on that date?

good luck. just be yourself. this interview is very chilling. they just want to get to know you more. :)

anyone know if there is a fb page yet for class of 2016 Vermont campus? if so please post it here

arggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh :(
Got waitlisted.......
Im so depressed..!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I want an honest answer here. I am an out of state student and I'm thinking about applying (I haven't sent my application in yet), but the deadline is March 1st and I believe that the interviews started in October. I'm not a really stellar student, so I was wondering if I still have a chance at this school. What do you think?

Hello,

I want an honest answer here. I am an out of state student and I'm thinking about applying (I haven't sent my application in yet), but the deadline is March 1st and I believe that the interviews started in October. I'm not a really stellar student, so I was wondering if I still have a chance at this school. What do you think?

I have no idea but I think class size is about 60 right? Im not sure but why don't you just apply and find out? What's stopping you from sending out the application? $?

I have no idea but I think class size is about 60 right? Im not sure but why don't you just apply and find out? What's stopping you from sending out the application? $?

I was thinking about just applying to find out but then someone got me thinking that I might be fighting over limited seats and since I'm an out of state student I would have to fly over there and miss some of my classes, so I was asked if it was worth it. And to be honest, I'm not sure.

how long does it typically take to hear back from them. I have submitted my complete application by January 26. They have also deducted the suppl app. fee from my credit card. But so far i'm hearing no response. so i just wanted to know how long it takes for them to send you any kind of reply after your application is complete. Thanks and congrats to those who got in. I'd really love to go to this school since I am from Albany :)

Hello,

Hard to say....From what I have seen it doesn't seem like a cut-throat top of the line school so you may have a chance. Good luck

how long does it typically take to hear back from them. I have submitted my complete application by January 26. They have also deducted the suppl app. fee from my credit card. But so far i'm hearing no response. so i just wanted to know how long it takes for them to send you any kind of reply after your application is complete. Thanks and congrats to those who got in. I'd really love to go to this school since I am from Albany :)

The same day that I got a notification that they had recieved my app they invited me for an interview. However, that was for the colchester campus so your wait time may vary for the albany campus.

The same day that I got a notification that they had recieved my app they invited me for an interview. However, that was for the colchester campus so your wait time may vary for the albany campus.

I said No Preference in the supp. application for campus choice. Realistically, I prefer the Albany campus but I don't mind going to the vermont campus either. Hopefully, I hear from them soon. Thanks for your reply.

Interviewed here recently. Really enjoyed it. Can anybody weigh in on the variety of rotations/local job market? Thanks!

I said No Preference in the supp. application for campus choice. Realistically, I prefer the Albany campus but I don't mind going to the vermont campus either. Hopefully, I hear from them soon. Thanks for your reply.

hmmm... usually they reply back to you asap. or unless they already have accepted enough ppl. cuz i believe the class size is 60.

I was just informed that I was put 4th on waitinglist..
do I have a chance to get in?
what do you guys think???
I am so tired of waiting..:(

I was just informed that I was put 4th on waitinglist..
do I have a chance to get in?
what do you guys think???
I am so tired of waiting..:(

you ll be fine.... because ppl will drop their spots once they find out that they are getting accepted in other schools. like me, i m gonna drop my spot. so hope it helps you out =)

My interview is on the 15th and am excited and a bit nervous does anyone else have their interview on that date? And for those who already interviewed can i get some tips. thanx

Does anyone knows the last date of interview?

I have an interview coming up on 03/31 at 11am. Is anyone else going to be there that day?

Beautiful building. In my experience the disadvantage is the cost of living of the local area. I went to visit the apartment buildings nearby: "Severence Corners", and found that for me and my girlfriend to get a 1br, it would cost 17,000/year. The re are really no other appts around there and mostly the choice is to live in houses with several roomates. I also grabbed a beer downtown in some irish pub and it cost 6 dollars. Not good for a grad student! I do want to emphasize how gorgeous I found the area. If money weren't an issue, I would have considered the school for sure.

I just asked Donna Myers and I got waitlisted in 6th not 4th anymore..
getting worse and worse...;;;
argghhhh..
What should I do?? move on to other schools?
Im so paranoid...

argghhhh..
Im so paranoid...

if you don't mind me asking, what kinda stats do you have?

Last edited:
my stats are very low
PharmCas GPA - 3.12
PCAT - 47
I was very surprised that I got interview invites from 5 places...

argghhhh..
Im so paranoid...
Do you know if that means all the spots are full and there are only waitlist spots?

what other schools were they?

I got interview invites from
Presbyterian
UNE
Regis
PCOM
Albany Vermont

Waiting from TJU and Notre Dame

and got rejected from Presbyterian and UNE (no wonder why.. my pcat scores are terrible. and I have no pharmacy experience)
I think they interviewed me because I wrote such a good essay.

Do you know if that means all the spots are full and there are only waitlist spots?

Umm.. I actually have no idea..
All i know is that I was moved from 4th on waitlist to 6th...;;

I got interview invites from
Presbyterian
UNE
Regis
PCOM
Albany Vermont

Waiting from TJU and Notre Dame

and got rejected from Presbyterian and UNE (no wonder why.. my pcat scores are terrible. and I have no pharmacy experience)
I think they interviewed me because I wrote such a good essay.

Umm.. I actually have no idea..
All i know is that I was moved from 4th on waitlist to 6th...;;
so sorry to hear that.. how did you think the interview went?

so sorry to hear that.. how did you think the interview went?

I thought interview went well..;;
I guess my stats were the main factor
But i asked myself, weren't adcom satisfied with my stats if they gave me an interview invite?
I dunno..;;
I guess they didn't like my answers to
why pharmacy, why ____ pharmacy, etc.

I want to make a facebook group for class of 2016 for vermont but I need to add people.. anyone who will be attending ACPHS- Vermont this fall message me your fb url

Last edited:
I thought interview went well..;;
I guess my stats were the main factor
But i asked myself, weren't adcom satisfied with my stats if they gave me an interview invite?
I dunno..;;
I guess they didn't like my answers to
why pharmacy, why ____ pharmacy, etc.
Thanks for sharing. I don't know how this school operates but many schools end up using most (if not all) of their alternate list before classes start. Try not to worry, there is still a lot of time left.

I interviewed here back on 3/16, but I have not heard back from the school either through email or mail. I am getting really worried and stressing out. I'm afraid I didn't do as good as I think I did on my interview. Does it usually take very long for them to respond back to you after the interview? I hope I didn't get rejected. Would it be a bad idea to call the office of admissions about my applicant status?

I interviewed here back on 3/16, but I have not heard back from the school either through email or mail. I am getting really worried and stressing out. I'm afraid I didn't do as good as I think I did on my interview. Does it usually take very long for them to respond back to you after the interview? I hope I didn't get rejected. Would it be a bad idea to call the office of admissions about my applicant status?

just remember the class size is really small... so right now if you did not hear anything then that means its full and you are on the waiting list. so you have to wait till august when the admission list is finalized. =)

Ugh you are right. I was offered to be placed on the waiting list. I really like this school so I hope I can get accepted. Does anybody know how long the waiting list is?

I dont think anyone wpuld be notified.
You should ask what rank you are at. I was from 4th to 6th

I had my interview yesterday and one of the students told me the school accepted about 37 students and indirectly told us there were still seats left. I wonder why people are being waitlisted then. :(

Hey everyone! I had my interview yesterday as well! I can't wait to hear back, let me know if anyone hears that interviewed on the 31st!:)

I had my interview yesterday and one of the students told me the school accepted about 37 students and indirectly told us there were still seats left. I wonder why people are being waitlisted then. :(

WOW! you serious?!!
So the class size is 70 and school accepted about 37?
and that stat was not only students who got accepted and sent deposit?
Now I should have a high hope i guess.. since you have said that there is one last interview in april.
Thanks for letting me know!!
oh btw, how many people were there when you had your interview??

WOW! you serious?!!
So the class size is 70 and school accepted about 37?
and that stat was not only students who got accepted and sent deposit?
Now I should have a high hope i guess.. since you have said that there is one last interview in april.
Thanks for letting me know!!
oh btw, how many people were there when you had your interview??
Sorry, I don't know if those were only for students that paid their deposits.
The student definitely made us feel hopeful with that comment though. I hope you get in!
Hm...there were maybe 30 students.

Sorry, I don't know if those were only for students that paid their deposits.
The student definitely made us feel hopeful with that comment though. I hope you get in!
Hm...there were maybe 30 students.

30??!
wow.. thats a lot..
I was the only person when I had my interview
now that surprised me! 30...
so is ACP your first choice?

30??!
wow.. thats a lot..
I was the only person when I had my interview
now that surprised me! 30...
so is ACP your first choice?
Maybe I misunderstood you. Do you mean the actual interview or during the whole day? There were 30 other students there, but it was just me and two faculty members when I had to answer questions.

I can see myself there. This has been my first and only interview so I don't have a choice yet. What about you?

Hey everyone! I had my interview yesterday as well! I can't wait to hear back, let me know if anyone hears that interviewed on the 31st!:)
Hope you get some good news! How did you think your interview went?