Albany College of Pharmacy-Colchester, c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hye345

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed that there wasn't a class thread for ACPHS-vermont applicants this year, so lets see if we can get one off the ground...

Members don't see this ad.

are you applying to Albany in NY as well?

are you applying to Albany in NY as well?

Nope, I was under the impression that Albany is a 0-6 program, and accepts transfers from other pharmacy programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I was looking at the supplemental applicatin and the essays are about distance learning. Is this a distance learning program? Or only if you go to vermont it is distance learning? Kind of confused!!

Hi everyone, I was looking at the supplemental applicatin and the essays are about distance learning. Is this a distance learning program? Or only if you go to vermont it is distance learning? Kind of confused!!

From what I've heard, the Albany campus is the main one, and the Vermont one is the satellite campus. I'm pretty sure that at the latter, at least a few classes will be taught through a live feed or something...

Not sure the differences between all the campuses, but I have an interview scheduled October 13th for Albany. Anyone else going please let me know.

Not sure the differences between all the campuses, but I have an interview scheduled October 13th for Albany. Anyone else going please let me know.

Well, mine is on October 7.

For the supplemental did you guys use the space provided? I pasted my essay from my word document and it was longer and I noticed a bar showing on the side so they can move up and down. But I am not sure if we are supposed to write that much?! They did not mention any limit!

For the supplemental did you guys use the space provided? I pasted my essay from my word document and it was longer and I noticed a bar showing on the side so they can move up and down. But I am not sure if we are supposed to write that much?! They did not mention any limit!

i mailed in my applications, so if it prints out cut-off, then they cant see your whole essay!

This is for Albany in colchester right?
Goodluck !

I got an interview for the Albany campus, the odd thing is that I remember marking the VT campus on the supplemental application.

Anyone from California going?

Edit: Also, would anyone know any good hotels near the school? Preferably ones that offer shuttles to the school. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm from California (SF valley). Though I'm interviewing at Colchester.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey this is kinda close to me lol

anyways, you're getting so many interviews wanttobepharm ! :thumbup:
did u apply to Albany NY or VT?

I spoke to them on the phone, I chose no preference. They said they fill as they go anyways unless you specify.

I know I applied many...I just want to get into one lol...

I am from CA (San Jose area) and I got an interview at Colchester, VT. I have mine on October 7. Where are you guys staying?

seems like everyone applied to the VT campus because it's the PharmD program for people with degrees?

Also read that albany, NY campus is super hard to get into. I marked no preference :cool: hopefully things go well and not get sacked because i interviewed for the harder campus...

@Ayuka, albany campus...you heard back from any yet?!

seems like everyone applied to the VT campus because it's the PharmD program for people with degrees?

Also read that albany, NY campus is super hard to get into. I marked no preference :cool: hopefully things go well and not get sacked because i interviewed for the harder campus...

@Ayuka, albany campus...you heard back from any yet?!

sadly, no lol. but im taking my pcats monday so hopefully i'll get some goods news after :)

btw why is there questions about distance learning on this school's supplemental? (sorry if this is a stupid question haha)

Last edited:
sadly, no lol. but im taking my pcats monday so hopefully i'll get some goods news after :)

btw why is there questions about distance learning on this school's supplemental? (sorry if this is a stupid question haha)

I think it's because the school utilize alot of distance learning to stay in sync between albany and vermont campuses. Very technologically advanced.

I got an interview invite from ACPHS-Vermont for Oct 7, but had to postpone it for a later date because I couldn't get a room at The Hampton Inn (they were all booked due to an event happening at The University Of Vermont during that time period), which would have provided a discount for the room as well as free transportation between the hotel, airport, and campus. I couldn't afford to shell out any more money for other means of transportation and other hotels.

They gave me other dates: Oct 28 or Nov 11 (wow, a federal holiday).

I'm going to plan for Oct 28 since there are rooms available at Hampton Inn by then.

I got an interview invite from ACPHS-Vermont for Oct 7, but had to postpone it for a later date because I couldn't get a room at The Hampton Inn (they were all booked due to an event happening at The University Of Vermont during that time period), which would have provided a discount for the room as well as free transportation between the hotel, airport, and campus. I couldn't afford to shell out any more money for other means of transportation and other hotels.

They gave me other dates: Oct 28 or Nov 11 (wow, a federal holiday).

I'm going to plan for Oct 28 since there are rooms available at Hampton Inn by then.

Sorry to hear that... How much were the non-discounted rates at other hotels?

Sorry to hear that... How much were the non-discounted rates at other hotels?

The ones with shuttle service to and from the airport were $120/night and up.

I saw there was a Motel 6 next to a Quality Inn, so I thought about whether I could use the Quality Inn shuttle to ride from the airport to the hotel, then just sneak away to the Motel 6, and then sneak onto the Hampton Inn shuttle to go to the university.

I have never done something like that before so I wasn't sure if it would work so I decided to just make it easier on myself and reschedule the interview, which worked out in the end.

The ones with shuttle service to and from the airport were $120/night and up.

I saw there was a Motel 6 next to a Quality Inn, so I thought about whether I could use the Quality Inn shuttle to ride from the airport to the hotel, then just sneak away to the Motel 6, and then sneak onto the Hampton Inn shuttle to go to the university.

I have never done something like that before so I wasn't sure if it would work so I decided to just make it easier on myself and reschedule the interview, which worked out in the end.

Hmm, thats weird... I called the Hampton Inn, they gave me the 'corp' rate of $89/night.

Hi everyone!

I'm currently in the process of trying to complete Albany's supplemental. However, I found two different documents. The first was entitled "Supplemental Application for Transfer Admission" and asked about distance learning. The other was called "2012 Supplemental Application" (one of the options on there was applying for the Doctor of Pharmacy) and this one asked why you wanted to go to Albany. Are we supposed to submit both?

Oh and also...when you guys submitted, did you do it by regular snail mail or through email? I noticed there was an address that says where we are supposed to send it to, but also saw a "submit by email" button.

Hi everyone!

I'm currently in the process of trying to complete Albany's supplemental. However, I found two different documents. The first was entitled "Supplemental Application for Transfer Admission" and asked about distance learning. The other was called "2012 Supplemental Application" (one of the options on there was applying for the Doctor of Pharmacy) and this one asked why you wanted to go to Albany. Are we supposed to submit both?

I just did the one located here: http://acphs.edu/Admissions/Apply/Transfers/ThirdYearOfSixYearPharmacyDoctorTransfers.aspx

Are you just applying for the 4 year PharmD program or going for their 6 year program?

Oh and also...when you guys submitted, did you do it by regular snail mail or through email? I noticed there was an address that says where we are supposed to send it to, but also saw a "submit by email" button.

I did it by snail mail just to be safe.

Ok thank you! That's the one I thought was right...and I'm applying for the 4 year PharmD. And I think I'll do snail mail too!

I did it on-line. When you click on email form on the bottom, it transfers it to a digital format and asks your email and it will send it. I wasn't sure if that was correct and if it went through, so I called them and they said they received it.

Last edited:
I did it on-line. When you click on email form on the bottom, it transfers it to a digital format and asks your email and it will send it. I wasn't sure if that was correct and if it went through, so I called them and they sais they received it.

Thanks! I actually did try it that way as well, but when I saw how it was being sent, the whole format was really warped, so I just decided to do it the old fashioned way.

By the way, do you guys know how much is actually taught in person at the Vermont campus? I was pretty sure that most was taught via distance education since that's what the whole supplemental was based on, but I asked them at the virtual fair, and they said that classes were taught at the Vermont campus as well....

So I'm at the Hampton Inn right now, the place is very welcoming. Abyone else staying here tonight?

So I'm at the Hampton Inn right now, the place is very welcoming. Abyone else staying here tonight?

Were there shuttles already circulating on their route or did you have to call the Hampton Inn to send one to you?

Were there shuttles already circulating on their route or did you have to call the Hampton Inn to send one to you?

Well I called them when I landed, and by the time I found my way to the exit, the shuttle was just rolling in. The airport is only about a 10 minute drive from the Hampton Inn, and the Hampton Inn is within walking distance of the college (or so I've been told, and it looks that way on the map). Even better, the shuttle offers complementary transport both to/from the airport, and the college.

well, I finally arrived back to Ca (after 2 separate flight delays :mad:). The interview (and the whole day) was pretty cool, not stressful at all. Everyone was really friendly.

well, I finally arrived back to Ca (after 2 separate flight delays :mad:). The interview (and the whole day) was pretty cool, not stressful at all. Everyone was really friendly.

lol i literally just got back from Worcester also. It's good to hear that interview is cool! Hope you hear back good news soon.

Hello friends,

I have been invited for an interview to the Albany college of pharmacy. I would like to know which campus is better...Albany of vermont? For the college of pharmacy... If anyone had already went through interview...hw was the interview....! Thanks for all help regarding this!

Hello friends,

I have been invited for an interview to the Albany college of pharmacy. I would like to know which campus is better...Albany of vermont? For the college of pharmacy... If anyone had already went through interview...hw was the interview....! Thanks for all help regarding this!

hi, i have an interview at Albany, NY this Friday. I'm not sure which one is "better" but Albany is a 0-6/transfer program and Vermont is a straight professional program.

Will update later this week on my interview experience but I think a few already interviewed at Vermont campus if they can share some of their experiences.

Hi wanttobepharm...Are you going for 0-6 year program...OR you are going for 4 years professional program straight ahead? I request you to post your comments about your interview once you are done with it!

I wish you a GREAT LUCK for the interview and wish you get into phrmacy school of your first preference.

Hi wanttobepharm...Are you going for 0-6 year program...OR you are going for 4 years professional program straight ahead? I request you to post your comments about your interview once you are done with it!

I wish you a GREAT LUCK for the interview and wish you get into phrmacy school of your first preference.

Thank you sir
I already have my bachelors so I'm going straight into professional year 1. I put no preference and they put me in Albany so I guess I'm considered a transfer.

Thank you sir
I already have my bachelors so I'm going straight into professional year 1. I put no preference and they put me in Albany so I guess I'm considered a transfer.

Have you already went for your interview?...Please let me know how it went! Any feedback will be really helpful! Thanks!

Have you already went for your interview?...Please let me know how it went! Any feedback will be really helpful! Thanks!

Hello, sorry I didnt get a chance to post until now, went on a medical mission to mexico when I came back from Albany.

The interview was great, I loved the campus and the old school east coast feel to the campus. Coming from Cali, it's quite different lol.

My questions were very simple, why pharmacy why albany and one ethic question. Interviewed with 2 faculties and it lasted literally 10 mins....i was shocked. Others took about 20-25 mins or so.

Donna was very friendly and answered all our questions. Very approachable.

Ask any more questions or concerns you may have!

Hello, sorry I didnt get a chance to post until now, went on a medical mission to mexico when I came back from Albany.

The interview was great, I loved the campus and the old school east coast feel to the campus. Coming from Cali, it's quite different lol.

My questions were very simple, why pharmacy why albany and one ethic question. Interviewed with 2 faculties and it lasted literally 10 mins....i was shocked. Others took about 20-25 mins or so.

Donna was very friendly and answered all our questions. Very approachable.

Ask any more questions or concerns you may have!

Yeah, everyone was very nice, including the students, who seemed to know all the professors by name and greeted them in a casual manner.

While we were waiting to be interviewed, 2 P1 students entered the room, and started talking to us, answering questions and stuff. They actually gave us their contact info (email, phone #, and facebook info) so we could contact them later if we had any questions. Last week, I finally came up with a question involving rotations, so I asked them a question, and even though they didn't know the answer (though they were only P1's, and hadn't really done rotations), one of them forwarded my email to a P3 student, who responded the same day with a lengthy and detailed answer. I found it incredibly courteous!

I got the acceptance email today, but I'm not sure I'm gonna take it...

Last edited:
Any current students or interviewers have any additional feedback on the school? I'm debating whether or not to take the interview due to it's distance (I'm from socal).

Any current students or interviewers have any additional feedback on the school? I'm debating whether or not to take the interview due to it's distance (I'm from socal).

I really liked the Albany campus and the school when I went for interview...but it's so far lol

I did it on-line. When you click on email form on the bottom, it transfers it to a digital format and asks your email and it will send it. I wasn't sure if that was correct and if it went through, so I called them and they said they received it.

I sent my supplement via email as well on 11/09...but when I clicked "submit via email" it just popped up a screen with the email: [email protected] so i ended up emailing it to that email address via my gmail account by attaching the pdf.

I asked in the email for some kind of confirmation about the pdf but didn't get a response so I'm gonna call in tomorrow now because i'm not sure if they received it.

I just got my interview letter today from ACP vermont campus.
Anyone who had interview very recently,
how was the interview?

Also,
I know vermont campus is a satellite campus, so is there any disadvantages?

Thanks!!