Alabama Schools Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody heard anything from South Alabama??

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything. Do you think they will call or email if you were accepted? Good luck to everyone!!!!

I would believe if someone found out they were accepted at either UAB or USA, they will tell everyone on the forum.

*twiddles his thumbs a little more waiting for the email*

'I guess UAB is helping me understand patience'

Members don't see this ad :)
If USA sticks to what Dr. Scott told us during the Nov 1st interviews, the first round of acceptances/holds should have gone out snail mail on the 10th.

He said the tenth? I interviewed earlier, and he didn't have an exact date yet, so thanks for the info. That's good to know. I guess we should get holds/acceptances in the mail soon. Good luck everyone.

I'm also waiting to hear back from USA since I interviewed at the end of October. Just curious, if the letters were supposedly sent out on the 10th, shouldn't they have gotten to us by now? Oh well, I guess there isn't much we can do except wait.

I just interviewed at USA today. Mark Scott said they have not sent anything out yet. The committee will meet tonight. Letters should go out by Friday or Monday and we should be getting word by Thanksgiving or so.

Has anyone who interviewed at UAB after 10/19 gotten any word?

I just interviewed at USA today. Mark Scott said they have not sent anything out yet. The committee will meet tonight. Letters should go out by Friday or Monday and we should be getting word by Thanksgiving or so.

Have any OOSers heard from UAB?

Hey, I'm OOS, and the only thing I have heard from UAB is that I "remain under consideration for an interview." So, yeah, no good news, but I know they have looked at my application.

Have you been complete for awhile? Their status page is pretty good.

Good luck!

ross you're a - well, i can't tell you what you are, because people on here would be upset by it, but you know what you are. and you should come to tuscaloosa this weekend.

and i've interviewed at UAB, 10/19, but haven't heard past that yet.

I interviewed 10/19, was accepted a week ago.

I think they're sending out accepts every week towards the end.

I can't believe South hasn't sent anything yet. I was there three weeks ago and they said they'd have stuff out ASAP.

I interviewed at South Alabama on 10/11. At that point we were told that they would send stuff out last week. But I guess we shouldn't expect to hear until next week or maybe after that.

I hate to say this but...this is extremely frustrating. I was waitlisted there last year and didn't get in. I retook the MCAT in April and pulled my score up four points, but I was told that it would not be taken into consideration (in terms of my waitlist placement). So considering I applied for the first time last July (and again this June). I have been waiting on good news from USA and UAB for 17 months. This process is defiantly not applicant-friendly. I know its the only thing I want to do, but I'm getting to the point where I could really use some good news. It's going to be hard during the holidays: having my family and my wife's family ask me the same questions over and over again (not to mention it will be for a second time, since they asked last year as well). I wish I could postpone Thanksgiving until after I hear something, that way my mind won't be somewhere else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I interviewed on 10/11! I guess there's really no way for us to know who the other one was though. I hope you (and I) hear some good news. If they really send them out on Friday, you could have good news to tell the family at Thanksgiving!

YES!!! The email finally arrived. As of 5:08 PM CST, I was notified that I have been accepted to the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine!

Patience, eh? But what did I say in previous postings? I said that the 16th of November was the day to watch. :)

Yes!!! Now, I have begun to realize that I have my feet truly on the path that will require many sore trials, afflications, but the chance of a lifetime!

Congratz to all of you previous accepted SDNers to UASOM. It will be an honor to be part of your class!

:horns:

For those who are waiting for acceptances... patience is the virtue. Keep the faith. Don't look back or second guess yourself. Forward with faith!

University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine Class of 2011

YES!!! The email finally arrived. As of 5:08 PM CST, I was notified that I have been accepted to the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine!

Patience, eh? But what did I say in previous postings? I said that the 16th of November was the day to watch. :)

Yes!!! Now, I have begun to realize that I have my feet truly on the path that will require many sore trials, afflications, but the chance of a lifetime!

Congratz to all of you previous accepted SDNers to UASOM. It will be an honor to be part of your class!

For those who are waiting for acceptances... patience is the virtue. Keep the faith. Don't look back or second guess yourself. Forward with faith!

A Big Congrats. I can tell you worked hard for it, its nice to see. I'll keep the faith and hopefully be there too soon.

Hey nice Job eerapido. What was your undergrad school?

YES!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!

Post your stats and interview date here for people to know.

Good to have you in the class, yo.

Me too! Got the UAB email this morning! Congratulations everyone! See you in the fall.

YES!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!

Post your stats and interview date here for people to know.

Good to have you in the class, yo.

Undergrad: BYU
In-state
Interview 10/5
MCAT: 30
GPA: 3.5

A great stress has been relieved.

Me too! Got the UAB email this morning! Congratulations everyone! See you in the fall.

Exiled Up North,
:)
I thought that you were interested in a program where your husband would be able to do his post-doc. Does UAB have that program (Oceanography)?

Congrats

Exiled Up North,
:)
I thought that you were interested in a program where your husband would be able to do his post-doc. Does UAB have that program (Oceanography)?

Congrats

Thanks! He is a microbiological oceanographer, so he can do 'most any microbiology stuff. B'ham has a lot of bio research, and Tuscaloosa has some too. He's not dead set on oceanography-only microbio.

Thanks! He is a microbiological oceanographer, so he can do 'most any microbiology stuff. B'ham has a lot of bio research, and Tuscaloosa has some too. He's not dead set on oceanography-only microbio.

That should be fine then. Back to nice weather I suppose.
Can't wait to get out of Toronto, myself!

hi alabama thread! i'm interviewing at UAB for the MSTP in January....has anyone in here interviewed for that program?

hi alabama thread! i'm interviewing at UAB for the MSTP in January....has anyone in here interviewed for that program?

I haven't but... UAB is one of the best schools for medical research. If you have an interview scheduled, kudos to you. Medicine is not just clinician work, but also medical scientists working behind the scenes.

Good luck to you.

Congrats eerapido! I will be glad to have you in my class! And good luck to all else who wait...just think positive...it's really the only thing you can constructively do.

Has anyone heard from South Alabama? I really hope we get something on Tuesday or Wednesday. That would be great right before Thanksgiving.

Has anyone heard from South Alabama? I really hope we get something on Tuesday or Wednesday. That would be great right before Thanksgiving.

I interviewed on 10/25 and I still haven't received any word from USA. Don't they know that all this waiting is torture to us? But yeah, you are definitely right, it would be great to see a little love right before Thanksgiving.

Now, let's see, I have 7 months to find a place to live. Does anyone have any recommendations for apartments near UAB? I don't care to live in a rat hole. I'd rather spend a few more dollars and get a good, safe place to live.

So, recommend away!

Congrats eerapido! I will be glad to have you in my class! And good luck to all else who wait...just think positive...it's really the only thing you can constructively do.

It definately will not be easy. But I know we will have a great experience! :clap:

Has anyone had any success with the email questioning system that UAB has set up. I have a slight problem with a couple of my recommendation letters being received and was told to email them about the problem.

Has anyone had any success with the email questioning system that UAB has set up. I have a slight problem with a couple of my recommendation letters being received and was told to email them about the problem.

I've emailed them quite a few times. They usually get back to me in 2 days. Just be specific and don't forget your AMCAS #

ross you're a - well, i can't tell you what you are, because people on here would be upset by it, but you know what you are. and you should come to tuscaloosa this weekend.

and i've interviewed at UAB, 10/19, but haven't heard past that yet.

haha please be tyler!

Where is the UAB status page? That site is like a maze! Someone help me out please! :)

Now, let's see, I have 7 months to find a place to live. Does anyone have any recommendations for apartments near UAB? I don't care to live in a rat hole. I'd rather spend a few more dollars and get a good, safe place to live.

So, recommend away!

There's actually a list of apartments on UASOM's webpage with prices and student recommendations on it.

Look around for it, if you can't find it--let me know.

There's actually a list of apartments on UASOM's webpage with prices and student recommendations on it.

Look around for it, if you can't find it--let me know.

Thanks.

I just got my South Alabama acceptance letter! Good luck to everyone!

Ah!! I got a USA acceptance, too!! I hope everyone else is getting good news, as well. Good luck everyone!

I got a USA acceptance today as well!!! I'm OOS, and was wondering if anyone else on here was OOS as well. Congrats to everyone else who received good news today from South Alabama.

Anyone know when UAB will start sending out campus assignments?

Status
Not open for further replies.