Alabama Schools Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom is Nov 1st...the last day to submit your primary application. This maybe the day they will release their 1st round of acceptances. Nov 15 is the last day for secondaries though, so it may be then.

We will see...

Tom is Nov 1st...the last day to submit your primary application. This maybe the day they will release their 1st round of acceptances. Nov 15 is the last day for secondaries though, so it may be then.

We will see...

Looking at the Alabama forum from last year, the first acceptances for UAB did not go out till past the 15th (Thur)... For us wouldn't that correlate to the 16th (Thur) ??

You and I both would love to receive the acceptance tomorrow. =)

Members don't see this ad :)
YES...indeed we would. I guess I just hope you are wrong, and we get them tom...but this is just wishful thinking. Good Luck!

Hey, does anyone who has interviewed at USA remember how they said they would tell us if we were accepted? I remember them saying that you would get something in the mail if you were put on hold, but do they also do snail mail for acceptances, or do they call or e-mail?

Thanks. Oh, and good luck everybody, with UAB and USA. I guess they are both going to be sending acceptances pretty soon (within two weeks, right?).

Hey, does anyone who has interviewed at USA remember how they said they would tell us if we were accepted? I remember them saying that you would get something in the mail if you were put on hold, but do they also do snail mail for acceptances, or do they call or e-mail?

Thanks. Oh, and good luck everybody, with UAB and USA. I guess they are both going to be sending acceptances pretty soon (within two weeks, right?).

I'm out on a limb, but I believe they will email you first then they will follow up with a paper letter.

Ah, maybe today... maybe tomorrow... maybe two weeks from now...

*eerapido goes back to finishing an o chem lab assignment*

No word as of yet...5:05 pm CST. I gues eerapido is probably right....sigh...

However, I am almost cetain that USA will be using snail mail only...as you have seen they don't use email for any part of their application.

Ha! Would you believe I still don't know who all the SDN'ers in our class are? How sad is that?

On a separate note... GOOD RIDDANCE TO ANATOMY!

AMEN! Anatomy was one of the worst things I have had to endure. Too many sickos willing to spend 16 hours a day studying or in lecture. I just washed my labcoat again (with bleach) and it still smells like cadaver juice. yuck.

Biochem & genetics are much more interesting, even if the classes aren't easier, per se. I am already 10x happier now that anatomy is in the past.

eerapido, I was looking back at posts last year. The ealiest anyone on THIS site found out about UAB was Nov. 30, 2005. Who told you Nov. 15 or 16? Now I REALLY hope you're right cuz a month will be pianful.

eerapido, I was looking back at posts last year. The ealiest anyone on THIS site found out about UAB was Nov. 30, 2005. Who told you Nov. 15 or 16? Now I REALLY hope you're right cuz a month will be pianful.

My friend is currently a second year at UAB, and if I remember correctly, he told me that he received his invite on or around the 15th of November two years ago.... But then again.. who knows.... =)

I think we both understand that even though the committee will meet (probably) on the 16th of November, the invitations will still lag behind a few days if we consider what has happened in the past. I believe it would be in our best interest to have a GREAT Thanksgiving because why else even think about things we cannot control? Who knows, maybe you'll have an email on the afternoon of the 16th!

Nah, I don't think I cannot absolutely put it out of my mind seeing other people speak about being accepted.

:cool:

According to a talk I had with someone ON the admissions committee at UAB, we could hear anything any time from now till April. November 15th isn't a magical date for them.

Sorry to add to the hysteria.

Next Thursday, South will be mailing out their first round of acceptances which the director said will be for a very few people. EVERY applicant from South will get either an "accept" or a "hold" card.

That's what I got.

~Jared Dovers

Members don't see this ad :)
So South does not reject anyone this early in the game is it?
Also, any out of staters heard from South yet about an interview? If so, would you mind sharing your stats?
Thanks

When I went to South, they said 8th or 15th. How do you know it will be next Thursday?

According to a talk I had with someone ON the admissions committee at UAB, we could hear anything any time from now till April. November 15th isn't a magical date for them.

Sorry to add to the hysteria.

Next Thursday, South will be mailing out their first round of acceptances which the director said will be for a very few people. EVERY applicant from South will get either an "accept" or a "hold" card.

That's what I got.

~Jared Dovers

Why not?

We all sit in the same place waiting for something we know might or might not come today or never.

I'd rather believe these forums are the ideas flowing in my brain. They come and go without any reason except that they are ideas. They branch and then they die. Then a new idea starts, and we see where that one takes us.

Now till April. Yes! Or is it May 15? :D

AMEN! Anatomy was one of the worst things I have had to endure. Too many sickos willing to spend 16 hours a day studying or in lecture. I just washed my labcoat again (with bleach) and it still smells like cadaver juice. yuck.

Biochem & genetics are much more interesting, even if the classes aren't easier, per se. I am already 10x happier now that anatomy is in the past.

I'm glad I'm not the only one - I was not a huge fan of anatomy. I really like biochem and genetics, though.

On a side note, this is the first time I've been on SDN in about a year. It's nice to see some other MS-I folks from UAB. How many of us are on here?

Why not? It is either I daydream about my acceptance letter or try to make myself focus on college crap. Plus, we keep the Alabama Med school forum high on the forum list.

Why not? It is either I daydream about my acceptance letter or try to make myself focus on college crap. Plus, we keep the Alabama Med school forum high on the forum list.

I would agree to both statements.

:thumbup: :clap:

So, while we are on the subject, rabbitsfeet777, what campus do you want to goto for your 3rd/4th years?

UAB!!!!!!
accepted. :) :) :)

i got the email today at 5:04pm. OOS here, interviewed on 10/12, no campus assignment yet

:luck: GOOD LUCK TO ALL :luck:

UAB!!!!!!
accepted. :) :) :)

i got the email today at 5:04pm. OOS here, interviewed on 10/12, no campus assignment yet

:luck: GOOD LUCK TO ALL :luck:

Well, there is one spot gone. =)

Congratz

?????
Did anyone else hear anything?

That is a negative.

I believe that Farikanok has some great stats.

Also remember that about 95% of all of the people interviewed at UAB don't use this forum.

I heard from UAB today as well. Email at 6:03 pm Eastern time. ACCEPTED!!

I'm really excited about it,

Good Luck to Everyone!!

ACCEPTED TO UAB!!!

At 5pm CST! Happy as can be!

Congrats to those who just got accepted. Hope to see you in July 2007!

I have been partying all night. I will sleep and party all day tom and the next day....and everyday till med school starts!

ANYONE accepted at UAB post when you interviewed, your stats and CONGRATS.

First off, congratz to you SDNers who have been accepted in the last 48 hours.

Looks like I get to keep on waiting. :cool:

If you are out partying, don't do stupid stuff that will keep you from attending.

*twiddles the thumbs a little more*:horns:

How do I stay motivated...this is the BIG question. It is unfortunate that I have a History paper due Monday, a Physical Chem Exam Thrs, and a Biochem exam the following Monday. But the nice thing is that I don't have to get an A...C's will make degrees!

I have been asking that to myself the ENTIRE TIME! This simply says that UAB is UNPREDICTABLE...just hold tight, its gonna be a ride.

I have been reading for a while but am new to join. I interviewed w/ UASOM on 10/19 and haven't heard anything. Any advice or thoughts? Should I be starting my pity party yet?

For those of you who have just recently gotten in, when did you interview?

Thanks for the input!

(Yes, I know it is really late to be posting this. I am procrastinating from studying for BioChem - ugh.)

So South does not reject anyone this early in the game is it?
Also, any out of staters heard from South yet about an interview? If so, would you mind sharing your stats?
Thanks

I interviewed at South on 11/1. It was great. Check my mdapps for stats.

I interviewed on 9/28. I'm almost sure that this was the 1st round of acceptances...many more UAB releases to come.

I'm getting pretty nervous about hearing from USA soon. Anyone else expecting to either get accepted or get a hold card this week or next? Everybody post in this thread if you hear anything!! I'm really anxious!

1) UAB or USA? What are the pros? the cons?

2) does USA not participating in US News and World Report rankings effect your choice? Did you know that the president of the AAMC asked all schools to stop participating in this survey?

3) If UAB, which campus? why?

4) were you honest if you said you plan to stay in alabama after you get your MD?....

----

Also, just to fuel anxiety--according to my friend at USA, the admissions committee has met and the cards are ready to be mailed, or might have already been...!

8:00 AM this morning, e-mail from UAB!!!!!!

And to think, on every other day 8:00 AM would be far too early for Scotch.

Wooo hoo!

~Jared

Jared: When did you interview? What are your stats, briefly? Congratulations!

interviewed on 10/19. I'm a 3.73/33 in state. Philosophy/Religious Studies double from SMU.

I put this on another thread but I found out this morning that I got into UAB! Woohoo!!

Good luck to everyone out there.

BTW - I interviewed on 10/19 also and I am non-trad, in-state w/ 3.78/31.
My email was dated Nov. 3rd and I got it today so maybe they are working through admin stuff.

Congrats To All Of You! We Will Probably Be Classmates Really Soon!

Rabbitsfeet, do you go to BSC btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.