Advice needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaysonmyfeet

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here. I submitted my application on Jun 2. and it got verified the same day. I am planning to take the MCAT, July 17th which I know is late. It recently popped in my head that my secondaries will be coming in by the first week of july and most school will want me to return them in two weeks (around /july 17th) or I read they will not like it and think you are a lazy student. However, I will not even have my MCAT scores so will they even consider my application without it? How does that work? Did I submit my primary too early? Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Relax. You should be good.

Many schools will only send out a secondary if they have your MCAT scores, others won't care. In any case, if you get sent a secondary fill it out ASAP and return it for the reasons you mentioned above. Whether or not you have your MCAT scores won't affect how you reply on your secondaries so just fill it out as you would normally.

From there, it is up to each school whether they'll continue processing your application without your MCAT or put it on hold until your scores come in. In either case, the fact that you submitted your primary on opening day can't hurt you and can only help you.

Reactions: 1 user