Need advice on applying with my MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed7195

Reaction score
Hi all. I got MCAT score back yesterday. (512) 127/126/128/131. This post is a little long but any advice is appreciated. I’m a retaker and my previous scores are 501 and 505. While I know 512 is a good score, I need some advice. Is it bad to have it unbalanced like that since I’m a retaker? I also can only apply to mostly T20 or T30 schools because of my immigration status. Most of them have their tenth percentile at 514. I have submitted my primary. It is not verified yet. Should I still apply this cycle or retake in January and apply next year ? My cGPA is 3.74 and sGPA is 3.5
I studied hard for this test for months and was scoring 513-515 on my practice tests with CP and BB in the 128-130 range. I’m a little disappointed because I dropped in CP and BB but I also don’t want to spend months on this again after already putting in so much effort.
P.S this is not to say that any of the above scores are not good since I know the effort it takes to increase scores. I just need advice on my situation if it’s good enough to apply this cycle

Members don't see this ad.