advice for new out of fellow GI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Suprep

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
starting first job out of GI fellowship in few days. What advice would the experienced GI give in terms of handling the anxiety and excitement of first working day? I have scopes scheduled in the first week as well. any advice on what books to read prior to first scope day(sedation,etc)

Members don't see this ad.

I would not be reading books about how to scope/sedate the week before your job...hopefully you spent lots of time over the last 3 years figuring that out.

How much time for each case do you have on your schedule?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you saying you didn’t do sedation in fellowship and now will as an attending?
lol no. havent scoped in 2 months. was asking to see if ppl in the past had issues in their first week, being rusty, after not scoping for a while. Its always different when you ask for 2 and 50 to start and there is noone else to fall back for advice.

I would not be reading books about how to scope/sedate the week before your job...hopefully you spent lots of time over the last 3 years figuring that out.

How much time for each case do you have on your schedule?
an hour for a case(EGD or colon or double). it will work out to about 45 mins per case