ACHE MSB 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringbunbundoc

Reaction score
Starting a new thread for those of us who are interested in applying to this program.

Best wishes!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am an alum of the program. Graduated in May 2020. Let me know if you have any questions!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an alum of the program. Graduated in May 2020. Let me know if you have any questions!
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, was there a high linkage rate to the COM? Also, how is it living in Arkansas? I'll be applying as an OOS.

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, was there a high linkage rate to the COM? Also, how is it living in Arkansas? I'll be applying as an OOS.
Of the 40 that graduated in 2020, 34 of us are in the current first year class at ARCOM. I know some others in my class got accepted to ARCOM, but chose to go elsewhere. Students who get a B or better average in the program are guaranteed an interview to the ARCOM. I like living in Arkansas. It is pretty similar to the area that grew up in. Arkansas is known as the "Natural State" so there are tons of things to do outdoors. ARCOM is situated in the middle of two mountain ranges so there are a lot of trails to hike. Cost of living in Fort Smith is relatively pretty affordable.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
@m1microglia how did you do in the program? and how much of your ARCOM interview was focused on your performance in the program?
I did fairly well in the program. It is definitely a challenge but it can be done. None ARCOM interview focused on my performance in the program.

Of the 40 that graduated in 2020, 34 of us are in the current first year class at ARCOM. I know some others in my class got accepted to ARCOM, but chose to go elsewhere. Students who get a B or better average in the program are guaranteed an interview to the ARCOM. I like living in Arkansas. It is pretty similar to the area that grew up in. Arkansas is known as the "Natural State" so there are tons of things to do outdoors. ARCOM is situated in the middle of two mountain ranges so there are a lot of trails to hike. Cost of living in Fort Smith is relatively pretty affordable.
Thanks for your response. I have an interview in March. Any tips or words of advice?

Also received my acceptance! Super excited to start there, the staff seemed so genuine and kind! I got a call from the director of admissions, which is pretty rad!!

Also received my acceptance! Super excited to start there, the staff seemed so genuine and kind! I got a call from the director of admissions, which is pretty rad!!
CONGRATS! I will be declining my spot as I was accepted into another program locally. ACHE was definitely my top 2 choices though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently in the MSB program and will be graduating next month! Out of my class of 50, I believe ARCOM only interviewed around half of us this year. It will definitely prepare you for the next level you are pursuing, but requires a vast amount of dedication to do well. You may message me for more information.

Reactions: 3 users
I am currently in the MSB program and will be graduating next month! Out of my class of 50, I believe ARCOM only interviewed around half of us this year. It will definitely prepare you for the next level you are pursuing, but requires a vast amount of dedication to do well. You may message me for more information.
Is there a particular reason why they only interviewed half, unlike the previous year? Did students not meet the requirements? Seems a little bit concerning for those who might attend this coming semester.

Also, do you by any chance know how many of the 25 are accepted to ARCOM?

Is there a particular reason why they only interviewed half, unlike the previous year? Did students not meet the requirements? Seems a little bit concerning for those who might attend this coming semester.

Also, do you by any chance know how many of the 25 are accepted to ARCOM?
I believe it was due to a lot of the students just not meeting the requirements. Most of us interviewed this winter so we were placed on the WL.

Hi everyone!

I am currently an MSB student at ACHE and will graduate in May! Its a very good program that will test you and prepare you to successfully take on med school! The entire faculty is very helpful and super nice. The program did feel a bit disorganized at times but its a new program so everything’s still being ironed out. My advice for incoming students will be to try and finish at the top of the class. Aim for A and B only. All As if possible. Also, have a strong MCAT score. Like one of the fellow students stated that out of fifty some students only a handful got interviews. Some didnt get interview because they did not meet the requirements and others were just weaker applicants compared to the high influx of strong applications they received this year. A big positive is that if you finish the program with a 3.0 or better then its a guaranteed interview to ARCOM. Note that this does not mean interview for the very next year necessarily because upon completion, the cycle for the upcoming year would have been completed and you will have to wait another year to get that guaranteed interview. I hope that made sense. This is all I can think of at this time. Please reach out if you have any questions!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hello, I got accepted to the program and was wondering if there's a GroupMe or webpage for incoming students! Also which off campus apartments are more popular for students that go here? What are y'alls thoughts on the Village at Heritage and the Residents? Can't wait to meet everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello, I got accepted to the program and was wondering if there's a GroupMe or webpage for incoming students! Also which off campus apartments are more popular for students that go here? What are y'alls thoughts on the Village at Heritage and the Residents? Can't wait to meet everyone!
I'd love to join the group too! I've been apartment hunting as well!

Reactions: 2 users
I'd love to join the group too! I've been apartment hunting as well!
I'd love to join as well! Apartment hunting has been difficult so far ngl. I'd prefer to live off campus but it looks like I may have no choice but to settle for on campus living

I'd love to join as well! Apartment hunting has been difficult so far ngl. I'd prefer to live off campus but it looks like I may have no choice but to settle for on campus living

Hi everyone!

I am currently an MSB student at ACHE and will graduate in May! Its a very good program that will test you and prepare you to successfully take on med school! The entire faculty is very helpful and super nice. The program did feel a bit disorganized at times but its a new program so everything’s still being ironed out. My advice for incoming students will be to try and finish at the top of the class. Aim for A and B only. All As if possible. Also, have a strong MCAT score. Like one of the fellow students stated that out of fifty some students only a handful got interviews. Some didnt get interview because they did not meet the requirements and others were just weaker applicants compared to the high influx of strong applications they received this year. A big positive is that if you finish the program with a 3.0 or better then its a guaranteed interview to ARCOM. Note that this does not mean interview for the very next year necessarily because upon completion, the cycle for the upcoming year would have been completed and you will have to wait another year to get that guaranteed interview. I hope that made sense. This is all I can think of at this time. Please reach out if you have any questions!
Hi! Thanks for the info. What is the minimum mcat requirement for MSB students?

I am happy to report that the MSB linkage to ARCOM is great again this year too. I got accepted yesterday and I know of at least ten of my classmates who also got accepted this week.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I am happy to report that the MSB linkage to ARCOM is great again this year too. I got accepted yesterday and I know of at least ten of my classmates who also got accepted this week.
That's wonderful news, Congratulations!

• Love
Is it too late to apply for the MSB Program for this Fall 2021? Has anyone who turned in their application recently gotten an interview invite and/or acceptance? Does anyone know how many students have already been admitted for Fall 2021?

For those who already interview and/or have been accepted to the MSB Program, how did the interview process go? Any tips/advice? Also, does anyone know how living on campus is like? Is there a dining hall?

Is it too late to apply for the MSB Program for this Fall 2021? Has anyone who turned in their application recently gotten an interview invite and/or acceptance? Does anyone know how many students have already been admitted for Fall 2021?
I applied through postbaccas , and recieved an email for an interview to the program today. On PostBacCas it says deadline is June 1st, but in my email it says they use a rolling admissions cycle, so I am unsure if it is too late.

I applied through postbaccas , and recieved an email for an interview to the program today. On PostBacCas it says deadline is June 1st, but in my email it says they use a rolling admissions cycle, so I am unsure if it is too late.
Thats great to hear! When did you send in your app to PostBacCAS? Was it an immediate interview invite?

For anyone who applied later in the MSB Application cycle, have you heard back yet? 😮

For anyone who applied later in the MSB Application cycle, have you heard back yet? 😮
Yes, Received my rejection yesterday. Loved the school and the interview seemed like it went well so it really stings but good luck to everyone that made it.

Yes, Received my rejection yesterday. Loved the school and the interview seemed like it went well so it really stings but good luck to everyone that made it.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get in to the program you want!
Can you share a little bit about how the Interview Day process goes? Is it the whole day or only a few hours?
Did you interview virtually or in person?

Is anyone going to interview this June? I think theres two more dates for interviewing?

Thats great to hear! When did you send in your app to PostBacCAS? Was it an immediate interview invite?
It was early May. Becausw it says to give a fee weeks to process. However I did just find out that they are at the end of their application cycle when trying to schedule my interview. I decided to withdraw my app, and will be attending Eastern Mennonite University this fall.

im interviewing on Monday! Any tips for the interview/questions they ask? Thanks!

Id appreciate it if someone who did this program last year could tell me if I am right or wrong. Out of the 50 people who did this only a handful got interviews???? In addition, if I do get an interview, I would have to wait a year to matriculate? Sounds like an expensive gamble ngl. Is there something I am not understanding here?

edit: I know I am coming off as arrogant but I feel like this is a very high risk.

Last edited:
Id appreciate it if someone who did this program last year could tell me if I am right or wrong. Out of the 50 people who did this only a handful got interviews???? In addition, if I do get an interview, I would have to wait a year to matriculate? Sounds like an expensive gamble ngl. Is there something I am not understanding here?

edit: I know I am coming off as arrogant but I feel like this is a very high risk.
There are 22 of us who are now OMS-1 this year. TBH, our class had a crazy year last year and dealt with a lot of changes.

If you have applied and do well keeping a B average or above then you should be able to interview to start next fall. Consistency is very important though! I am grateful for the MSB program as a lot of the material is just review for us and it is now highly accelerated in the DO program.

Last edited:
Hey, I was wondering if any of you guys finished the program and successfully matriculated to ARCOM? Please let me know what you thought of the program and if you would recommend it!

For those who already interview and/or have been accepted to the MSB Program, how did the interview process go? Any tips/advice? Also, does anyone know how living on campus is like? Is there a dining hall?
Did you interview? Mine is coming up and looking for tips

Just scheduled interview. Does anyone have any advice? First time interviewing, any tips would be much appreciated.

If you guys don't mind me asking do any of you who were accepted mind sharing your stats?

I was MSB and now am an OMS1, feel free to ask me questions. My final is on the 6th, so might respond after :)

I was MSB and now am an OMS1, feel free to ask me questions. My final is on the 6th, so might respond after :)
Hey I'm interviewing tomorrow but am curious about the linkage. It says you get a guaranteed interview but that doesn't necessarily equate to an acceptance. Were there certain criteria they were looking for in the interview to gain admittance to ARCOM?