Accepted abstract but can't attend conference...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CyberMaxx

Doing math in pen
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright so quick question here. I have an abstract accepted to a large, international conference in my field, but it looks like I may not be able to attend to present the poster. I am an M1 and the day after I am scheduled to present my poster in Baltimore I have an anatomy lab practical in a city which is not driving distance from Baltimore.

If I don't attend the conference, and instead have someone else from my lab present the poster, does the abstract go on my CV? I am first author on this work and the abstract will be published in the society's journal's supplemental abstract edition.

Maybe I will just accept the risk attend the conference, but if not how does it work for my CV?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the abstract, dude. It's a shame that this sub-forum is a bit slow. How did things work out? I had a (somewhat) similar situation where I had a first author abstract get accepted last month, but I was never planning on attending the conference since I am already going to a couple this year. A med student (the second author) will be presenting it instead. I have the abstracts on my CV separated into "Posters/Oral Presentations" and "Other Abstracts", where "Other Abstracts" contain ones where I was just a co-author and didn't present. I'm putting it there, while maintaining the authorship order.

Reactions: 1 user