ACCEPTANCE in UST MED SCHOOL?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaptCoCo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys, does anyone of you have an idea when will ust be announcing those who are accepted in their med school? thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

^ Last year they released the list mid-February, so I assume it would be around that time for 2009. By the way how did you find that entrance exam test? Are you Fil-am?

i see..thanks :D, the entrance test in ust is just a psychological test so i find it not hard haha, btw im not a fil am:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha same. I can't believe I flew all the way to the Philippines for that test.

Any other Fil-Ams applying/accepted to UST or UERM? Applicants this year haven't been very active on these forums unlike the previous years. C'mon ppl, I wanna hear from you

Im trying for UERM this school year but applied to FEU and Ateneo too . Anyone here knows until when the interviews will be. Im currently in the US and can't fly to to Manila till early APril. Im not Fil- am , just working here and going back to study.

Anyone else bound for UE?

^ Nice. I got into UERM but I'm still waiting on word from UST, then I'll decide from there.

Good Luck to everyone who has applied to UST.
I'm also bound for UERM greeneagle.

Ei doctorstarcraft,

Have you checked out the area of UERM? Can you suggest any condo/apartment around the area ? What's the running rate per month for a place there? I'm not familiar with that part of Manila.

Thanks.

i just had my interview with an MD @ UERM. the interview was fine.

with regards to UST, i just submitted my NMAT result. the lady at the admissions said that the results for those who will be accepted into UST will be released by the 3rd week of February. they'll post it in the net and in the med school, and they'll send us letters of acceptance.

greeneagle, still looking into condos/appartments.

But anything can range from 100-600 or more

i just had my interview with an MD @ UERM. the interview was fine.

with regards to UST, i just submitted my NMAT result. the lady at the admissions said that the results for those who will be accepted into UST will be released by the 3rd week of February. they'll post it in the net and in the med school, and they'll send us letters of acceptance.

bodjie, kelan ka tinawagan ng UERM para sa interview? d pako tinatawagan or tinext:(, tatawagan ko sila sa monday pag wala pa nag inform sakin about sa interview, chka kamusta pala un interview? ano tinanong sau? haha

bodjie, kelan ka tinawagan ng UERM para sa interview? d pako tinatawagan or tinext:(, tatawagan ko sila sa monday pag wala pa nag inform sakin about sa interview, chka kamusta pala un interview? ano tinanong sau? haha
tinawagan ako nung 1 day before nung interview. kelan ka ba nagsubmit ng requirements? at with regards sa interview, ok lang naman siya. basahin mo nalan blog ko sa multiply. eto link:

http://bodjiekinin.multiply.com/journal/item/80/the_UERM_interview

hope it helps!

thanks, weee bute nlng casual interview chka ang babaet ng tanong haha, nun january 7 pako nag apply sa kanila:sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
Only applied to 2 Med school in the Phil

UST and UERM

Got accepted at UERM
Just wating for UST ... (DAMn catholic school, hurry up!!!)

Still in manila but going back home (seattle) on Sunday

Goodluck everyone!!

Im trying for UERM this school year but applied to FEU and Ateneo too . Anyone here knows until when the interviews will be. Im currently in the US and can't fly to to Manila till early APril. Im not Fil- am , just working here and going back to study.

Anyone else bound for UE?

Already accepted at UERM, but still waiting for UST... UST is my first choice but if not, UERM is not bad

Last edited:
UST results will be released either next week or the week after the next, according to the admissions committee. they will post the results via the net and via their bulletin board in the UST-FMS building. you can also call to check if you passed. hope that helps!

thanks, weee bute nlng casual interview chka ang babaet ng tanong haha, nun january 7 pako nag apply sa kanila:sleep:

hey :D nag apply rin ako sa ue .. got in already ?? kelan ka tnwagan for interview?? kc nag pass ako ng application form jan.30 e...... hnggang naun wala pa ring tawag...... kelangan ko ba clang twagan ? ....:(

i suggest you call them.. i passed my application for uerm nung Dec 16 pa, di ako tinawagan for interview nalaman ko lang sa classmate ko na pwede na maginterview.. so i called them up n they scheduled me for an interview on the same day.. because i was in manila at the time (nakulitan ata..haha)
they won't be posting the results on the net.. u have to go check out the list at the skul mismo... n wala pang results coz i just called them up.. though the yung nginterview sakin nagsabi "if i were you i'd enroll sa UERM na.." still need to see that list to confirm im really in..

About UST this week daw irerelease.. wala pang specific date as to when.. (aargghh.. prolonging the agony...):scared:

oh well. hope this helps. n hope we all get it sa UST!! (i know i want to..):D

I've heard UST is releasing their acceptance letter this week. Goodluck Everyone!

However, I know I have a good chance of getting in to UST Medical School (based on my GPA and my NMAT result) but Im choosing UERM. Im a Filipino American, and I have no plans of practicing medicine in the Philippines. I chose UERM because of their clinical clerkship in the US which is a big factor for me to practice medicine in the US. So no matter what the outcome.... I chose UERM!!!

i called up UST (again..) on friday and they told me that they would be releasing the results on the third week of March. They'll be posting their results on the net (yehey!) and will also be sending letters of acceptance :xf::xf::xf: (daim.. definitely prolonging the agony..)

about UERM said they'd be releasing it sometime next week.. they do have a good reputation abroad n its relatively easy to intern/work in America coz they have affiliate hospitals there.. plus the added prestige that the topnotcher in the boards this year came from their school!!!
(Bikolano pa.. hehe proud bikolana ako...)

anyway hope this helps.

:) goodluck guys.

i called up UST (again..) on friday and they told me that they would be releasing the results on the third week of March. They'll be posting their results on the net (yehey!) and will also be sending letters of acceptance :xf::xf::xf: (daim.. definitely prolonging the agony..)

about UERM said they'd be releasing it sometime next week.. they do have a good reputation abroad n its relatively easy to intern/work in America coz they have affiliate hospitals there.. plus the added prestige that the topnotcher in the boards this year came from their school!!!
(Bikolano pa.. hehe proud bikolana ako...)

anyway hope this helps.

:) goodluck guys.

hehe, fellow bicolano... good that we're growing in number.:thumbup: almost all takes up nursing in bicol.

anyway, just be patient, the ust result will be posted soon. they're just busy; it's the final exam week.

just passed by the dean's office bulletin board, they've already posted the list of accepted freshmen for next school year. check it out! good luck!

Last edited:
Nice! Any idea when they will post results on their website?:)

I'm sorry, I can only find the list from last year. Can you please post the link to the complete list? Or where I can find it? Thanks!!!

:DYes!!!

Got accepted at UST as well number 449 and Im a Fil-Am :):):)

Hi,

Does anyone know when the entrance exam for UST will be conducted? I heard it is around January, but I want to get a definitive date.

Thanks,

M

The first list of students will be released in the beginning of February and the entrance exam will be given around the same time. The second list will be available in March and the entrance exam for those students will be around that time also.

UST 2010-2011 first cut list is up: http://med.ust.edu.ph/list-web.html

anyone make it? #143!

also, does anyone have any idea on the entrance exam? (topics, materials, study tips, etc?) And, I'm in the US, anyone know if they will offer the test online or some other consideration?

anyone make it? #143!

also, does anyone have any idea on the entrance exam? (topics, materials, study tips, etc?) And, I'm in the US, anyone know if they will offer the test online or some other consideration?
It's a psychological exam. No need to study.

The first list of students will be released in the beginning of February and the entrance exam will be given around the same time. The second list will be available in March and the entrance exam for those students will be around that time also.
Does that mean another list of eligible applicants for ENTRANCE EXAM will be released on March? That won't be the final list for FRESHMEN, will it? This just got my hopes up because I didn't see my name in the recently released list. :(

Does that mean another list of eligible applicants for ENTRANCE EXAM will be released on March? That won't be the final list for FRESHMEN, will it? This just got my hopes up because I didn't see my name in the recently released list. :(
I've heard that there will be a second list released in March. Check out this forum http://pinoy.md/ipb/index.php?showtopic=6867 there are more people discussing information about UST's entrance exam.

anyone make it? #143!

USA (Los Angeles...maybe)...I either read or heard that...call the Dean's office to confirm.
Otherwise, brace yourself and WELCOME to Manila :D.

Last edited:
USA (Los Angeles...maybe)...I either read or heard that...call the Dean's office to confirm.
Otherwise, brace yourself and WELCOME to Manila :D.

Heh thanks for the welcome!

ustanonymous, youre a fil-am correct? did you have to take the entrance exam? My mom has been calling the dean's office, and today she got through and was told that I can use my (bad) MCAT score from 2.5 years ago, and that combined with my NMAT score should be enough. I'm a little worried though.

Heh thanks for the welcome!

ustanonymous, youre a fil-am correct? did you have to take the entrance exam? My mom has been calling the dean's office, and today she got through and was told that I can use my (bad) MCAT score from 2.5 years ago, and that combined with my NMAT score should be enough. I'm a little worried though.

When I applied there was no entrance exam. Two years ago was the first time they had an entrance exam (again), as you can find out on these boards.

Yes, I am Fil-Am.

We were given a short "essay" sort of a psychological measurement tool to complete though at interview time.

Are you already familar with UST FMS, and absolutely sure you want to go to medical school there?

When I applied there was no entrance exam. Two years ago was the first time they had an entrance exam (again), as you can find out on these boards.

Yes, I am Fil-Am.

We were given a short "essay" sort of a psychological measurement tool to complete though at interview time.

Are you already familar with UST FMS, and absolutely sure you want to go to medical school there?

Ah thanks. I heard it was a pretty recent change from interviews to the exam. I just hope my MCAT score is good enough; if I can avoid flying to Manila to take the test, all the better.

I'm pretty familiar with the school. I've read up on it on these forums and gotten feedback from relatives who went there. I'm actually pretty geared up for med school there, I'm looking forward to getting my NOA and starting.

Did/do you like it there? I know the curriculum changed a few years ago too, and I know the PI system of schooling is pretty different, but I'm just focused on getting that MD.

Ah thanks. I heard it was a pretty recent change from interviews to the exam. I just hope my MCAT score is good enough; if I can avoid flying to Manila to take the test, all the better.

I'm pretty familiar with the school. I've read up on it on these forums and gotten feedback from relatives who went there. I'm actually pretty geared up for med school there, I'm looking forward to getting my NOA and starting.

Did/do you like it there? I know the curriculum changed a few years ago too, and I know the PI system of schooling is pretty different, but I'm just focused on getting that MD.

Yes, I do like UST FMS. (Even more so since I am done …).

You can research the forums and you will see that med school isn't exactly "one BIG party" all of the time...

FilAms at 'other' schools probably have more "fun" vs. FilAms at UST FMS (on account of the fact the other schools 'cater' to foreigners; at UST you are just another student..."who cares if you want to take a few days OFF for Thanksgiving break, or if you have to rush home during the holidays so you can avoid the "airport jams" because of all the freaking snowstorms...at UST FMS they will just say "so what...".)

The good about UST is that there are many professors (clinicians) who trained in their respective specialties abroad, including Australia, Japan, Singapore, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Austria, and of course the United States of America (from Harvard to Ucla).

Standards are high at UST. Discipline is tough...most of the time (but the concept of "pilipino time" is sort of "hard to shake (-off)", many are not exactly as prompt as we are in the USA, except for the professors who might have trained abroad who will REALLY let you know they aren't happy with anyone who goes by "pilipino time"...especially during clerkship [two to four hours make-up for every LATE].

Also consider that some students (FilAm and otherwise...) are studying at UST not because they could not gain admission to a 'western' medical school BUT because for financial and other reasons see it as advantageous to study undergraduate medicine at UST FMS (you will be in class with them...taking the same exams...participating in group discussions and so forth).

One aspect you may want to inquire about is whether you are going to be REQUIRED to complete an internship at a UST FMS affiliated hospital (one-year) following your clerkship (BEFORE you will be awarded your MD degree). At this time completing internship in the RP is an option for foreigners or dual-citizens who don't plan on practicing in the RP. The MD degree however is awarded following successful completion of BOTH clerkship (1 yr clinical rotations) AND 'the REVALIDA' (final written/oral and practical examinations in both basic medical and clinical sciences).

For any Pinoy (or dual-citizen) who wants to take the RP medical licensing exam (RP citizenship is required to be licensed in the RP), completion of an internship in the RP has always been required. There has been the proposal made among the RP medical colleges that internship be required of ALL (RP citizen & FOREIGNERS) prior to awarding the MD degree. I have not noted when/if this policy will be implemented. Ask the Dean at UST FMS, who would know all of the details because the current Dean at UST FMS is also the President of the Association of Philippine Medical Colleges (APMC).

Congrats on choosing UST FMS, and I wish you the Best!

Last edited:
Yes, I do like UST FMS. (Even more so since I am done …).

You can research the forums and you will see that med school isn't exactly "one BIG party" all of the time...

FilAms at 'other' schools probably have more "fun" vs. FilAms at UST FMS (on account of the fact the other schools 'cater' to foreigners; at UST you are just another student..."who cares if you want to take a few days OFF for Thanksgiving break, or if you have to rush home during the holidays so you can avoid the "airport jams" because of all the freaking snowstorms...at UST FMS they will just say "so what...".)

The good about UST is that there are many professors (clinicians) who trained in their respective specialties abroad, including Australia, Japan, Singapore, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Austria, and of course the United States of America (from Harvard to Ucla).

Standards are high at UST. Discipline is tough...most of the time (but the concept of "pilipino time" is sort of "hard to shake (-off)", many are not exactly as prompt as we are in the USA, except for the professors who might have trained abroad who will REALLY let you know they aren't happy with anyone who goes by "pilipino time"...especially during clerkship [two to four hours make-up for every LATE].

Also consider that some students (FilAm and otherwise...) are studying at UST not because they could not gain admission to a 'western' medical school BUT because for financial and other reasons see it as advantageous to study undergraduate medicine at UST FMS (you will be in class with them...taking the same exams...participating in group discussions and so forth).

One aspect you may want to inquire about is whether you are going to be REQUIRED to complete an internship at a UST FMS affiliated hospital (one-year) following your clerkship (BEFORE you will be awarded your MD degree). At this time completing internship in the RP is an option for foreigners or dual-citizens who don't plan on practicing in the RP. The MD degree however is awarded following successful completion of BOTH clerkship (1 yr clinical rotations) AND 'the REVALIDA' (final written/oral and practical examinations in both basic medical and clinical sciences).

For any Pinoy (or dual-citizen) who wants to take the RP medical licensing exam (RP citizenship is required to be licensed in the RP), completion of an internship in the RP has always been required. There has been the proposal made among the RP medical colleges that internship be required of ALL (RP citizen & FOREIGNERS) prior to awarding the MD degree. I have not noted when/if this policy will be implemented. Ask the Dean at UST FMS, who would know all of the details because the current Dean at UST FMS is also the President of the Association of Philippine Medical Colleges (APMC).

Congrats on choosing UST FMS, and I wish you the Best!

Wow...THANKS for all of that info. I've tried to absorb as much I can, but from a Fil-Am perspective this helps a lot.

I understand that UST is more difficult and less forgiving that other schools. To be honest, I spent a few years too many in my undergrad skating by and having a good time. I really buckled down and disciplined myself to graduate, and I'm fully prepared to be a shut-in while I'm there. I just want to get a good education and become a great doctor.

I have been wondering about the clerkship/internship as well. I've heard that I'll have to kind of map out my course well ahead of time in order to get the necessary hours to practice in the states. I'm keeping that in my head when/if I get to Manila. As for the move to make local internship required, I'll keep my eyes and ears on that and plan ahead when I hear anything new develop. If they'll require local internship, then they would have to provide for some way for non-residents to practice there, right?

Out of curiosity, how was the Revalida for you? Is it as nerve wracking as it seems?

Thanks again for the knowledge, hopefully I'm as successful at UST-FMS as you were!

YES! finally got my acceptance e-mail...growling tigers where you at?!

Hi Rhea and Frink! Congrats to you both! I got my acceptance letter emailed to me this morning too. The only weird part was that I didn't make it in time to take that entrance examination last month as well as any type of interview. I'm from California too and I really wasn't expecting to get in because I missed that date. I had already been accepted to UERM, but my acceptance to UST does change things for me. My question is whether or not that entrance examination last month was that much of an important test since I missed it, but still got in. Would I be expected to take it still upon my enrollement?
I heard it was just an essay portion? Any type of information or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Rhea and Frink! Congrats to you both! I got my acceptance letter emailed to me this morning too. The only weird part was that I didn't make it in time to take that entrance examination last month as well as any type of interview. I'm from California too and I really wasn't expecting to get in because I missed that date. I had already been accepted to UERM, but my acceptance to UST does change things for me. My question is whether or not that entrance examination last month was that much of an important test since I missed it, but still got in. Would I be expected to take it still upon my enrollement?
I heard it was just an essay portion? Any type of information or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

congrats! i didn't take the entrance exam either. they took my (bad) MCAT score from 3 years ago instead. I'm guessing that they weighed everything in your profile (NMAT, letters, etc) for the 2nd cut. The entrance exam is actually in place of an interview process too, and I doubt you'd have to take it. In is in!

good luck with choosing. maybe ill see you there in june...

Wow! Thanks for the info Frink! I'm actually going to be leaning towards UST =)

Have you started canvasing the area yet as to where you'll be staying?
I hear there are a lot of new places around campus that students can rent.
When were you planning on leaving for the Philippines Frink? =)

Congrats as well to you both!! I didn't take the exam either. It's funny because I thought that the entrance exam was required. I emailed UST back to confirm the acceptance letter because I wasn't there to take the test.

Glendale: I too have been accepted to UERM. I was all set to go there, but now I don't know what to do. I heard University Towers 2 is ready and accepting renters. It's right across from UST.

Well, best of luck to everyone. Hopefully I will decide soon which school I go to. Thanks!

congrats to you also Rhea! i'll see you there in june also...!

glendale, i've been looking at condos on and off for awhile. the university towers look great, and like rhea said the 2nd tower is brand new and across the street. however, the medical buildings are on dapitan and lacson, while UT2 is on the espana side.

i'm planning on going to the philippines with my parents in mid-may, and looking for places in person then. it'll be good to get an idea of distance and paths and all that, plus the neighborhood, whats around, how long it takes to walk places, etc.

im glad that there are other fil-ams (im assuming) going...won't be as lonely, lol.

Yes, I am a Fil-Am. Please keep me posted on what you find as far as housing. Thanks for the UT2 info! I am also flying out to Manila in May. Maybe we will bump into each other n_n

Best of luck!