Acceptance/Denial Letters?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheOx777

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey ladies and gents,

I am a new poster to this forum. I have been checking it out for months, but I didn't have anything valuable to say that hadn't already been stated dozens of times. I am finally getting interviews for DPT programs, and wanted to get a general sense of how long it took for you do receive letters of acceptance/denial after your interview. Any input would be great! Much appreciated!

School Applied to:
NYU, Columbia, LIU-Brooklyn, Temple, Drexel, Arcadia, UNC, Duke, GWU, Mayo

I have interviews scheduled thus far at Temple, Drexel, and GWU in the coming weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted PTCAS in august and started getting interview invites this month. I think its generally November and later when programs interview

Oh man o man. Ouch. Just checked my email and I received my first rejection letter. It's from Franklin Pierce University. When the first word on the email is "unfortunately" it really takes some life out. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
actually, it only took a month for me to get accepted to the schools i applied. after getting the comfirmation all the application materials were received. they even waived the required interview for me.

so, i kinda got lucky. lol...

actually, it only took a month for me to get accepted to the schools i applied. after getting the comfirmation all the application materials were received. they even waived the required interview for me.

so, i kinda got lucky. lol...

Kudos to you!! If you don't mind sharing, what are your stats?

i got my first reject about 2 weeks after i submitted ptcas. it was from wvu. i only applied there cus my friend went there for undergrad and loved it. anyhow, my gpa isn't exactly 3.0 and apparently wvu is STRICT with having a 3.0 overall. no biggie though. other than that, ive received e-mails stating schools have received my application, but nothing other than that yet..PTCAS mailed out my app. on 9/30, so hopefully i start hearing back soon!

Kudos to you!! If you don't mind sharing, what are your stats?

University:
University of Houston
(graduating a year early!)
Major:
Kinesiology - Exercise Science (Health Professions track)
Honors College
Overall GPA:
managing a 3.75 having worked 2 jobs my first 2 years at UH
Pre-Req GPA:
GRE: V:560; Q:680; W:6 (heck yes with the analytical writing part) :D
(never took any prep courses)

Extra-Curric:
Outreach programs, e.g. visiting and assisting the elderly, the homebound, the sick, the hospitalized, nursing homes.
Tutoring kids from elementary to high school.
Violinist for church.
Health and Human Performance Honor Society
National Society of Collegiate Scholars.

Volunteer:
140+ hours at outpatient, acute care, and general hospital settings as observer/shadower

copy/pasted from the sticky thread. gl guys :thumbup:

University:
University of Houston
Major:
Honors College
Overall GPA:
Pre-Req GPA:

Extra-Curric:
Outreach programs, e.g. visiting and assisting the elderly, the homebound, the sick, the hospitalized, nursing homes.
Violinist for church.

Volunteer:
140+ hours at outpatient, acute care, and general hospital settings as observer/shadower

Your stats seem to be extremely strong. Kudos to you for that! Best of luck to you moving forward!:thumbup:

Thank you to you guys who have replied so far. I always like to pick people's brains about "the process."

University:
University of Houston
Major:
Honors College
Overall GPA:
Pre-Req GPA:

Extra-Curric:
Violinist for church.

Volunteer:

Congrats!! :) Your GPA is like spot on with mine... 3.91 pre-reqs, 3.89 overall. My gre scores have been sucking though. I'm so frustrated.

I just got done taking it a third time and even though I spent a LOT of time prepping, still no big difference in scores.