ABFM2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My ITEs were pass, fail, pass ranges in PGY1, 2, and 3 respectively. I received a preliminary pass three days after sitting for it.

I watched/listened to all the AAFP videos while also reading the slides. I did ~300 of the free AAFP questions over a period of ~4-5 months. I reviewed 2/3rds of the 2021 ITE, the one I did not do well on, about a week before the test. Admittedly, my case was complicated by Prometric abruptly canceling my test date three times, to the point I had to report them to ABFM and demand that they do something to assist me.

Got my score back this week. +600. Far higher than any of my ITEs. I do not know if this speaks to the teaching/learning quality of my program or if this test was just a crap shoot, but I am at least legally speaking now a fully operational FM doctor even if it doesn't feel like it.
Thanks for the details. How you would rank what was most helpful to least helpful? And going forward, how would you advise others to get the highest possible score?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the details. How you would rank what was most helpful to least helpful? And going forward, how would you advise others to get the highest possible score?

The AAFP course was great. Lots of good content. Some lectures are unnecessarily dense with info irrelevant to the test, but might be good for later. I honestly wish I had access to this course to study leisurely a year ago.

Test questions are always good because you need active learning. I don't really like the AAFP's sets of 10 questions because it's kinda a clunky set up and info can be outdated. You can't flag questions you want to review/come back to without reviewing the whole set. That said, they're free and if you do 10 questions every day or every other day it builds up... I say this as someone who should have done more.

Reactions: 1 users
If y’all don’t mind me asking, but how did everyone else do on the exam? Curious to know what the average is….thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Just wanna say hi and wondering if anyone has done ABFM board certification exam yet? I did mine on 4/11. I felt horrible about the exam, very random and tagged like 50% of the questions. Now just anxiously waiting for my result. 😳
hey i did mine Nov 9th but results still pending . anyone got results from pending status ?

Hey guys! Just wanna say hi and wondering if anyone has done ABFM board certification exam yet? I did mine on 4/11. I felt horrible about the exam, very random and tagged like 50% of the questions. Now just anxiously waiting for my result. 😳
anyone took Nov exam?