ABFM2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simplicity_MD

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wanna say hi and wondering if anyone has done ABFM board certification exam yet? I did mine on 4/11. I felt horrible about the exam, very random and tagged like 50% of the questions. Now just anxiously waiting for my result. 😳

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Same, also took the exam on 4/11. It was very challenging and definitely seemed more difficult than the ITE. Just keep telling myself that the exam has such a high pass rate, thus it will work out okay...

Reactions: 3 users
Same here. Made stupid mistakes. Took my 4/11. At this point I just hope I scaled through by some stroke of luck.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys get your results yet? Mine says in progress. Not sure what that means.

Yeah mine says in progress too. I think it's just cuz they are setting up the UI to upload the results too. I can't find any reference to in progress. I don't think it's the same as pending review

Reactions: 1 user
I am taking mine on 04/20. Do you mind sharing what you did for preparation? Ive done the last 3 year ITE+AAFP board review questions+some rosh review questions but did not know what else to do.

I hope that everybody out there does well on this!

I am taking mine on 04/20. Do you mind sharing what you did for preparation? Ive done the last 3 year ITE+AAFP board review questions+some rosh review questions but did not know what else to do.

I hope that everybody out there does well on this!
Hey! I did ITEs, AAFP questions and watched all of the videos.

Hey! I did ITEs, AAFP questions and watched all of the videos.
Hi, I take my Board exam on 4/28.

Any suggestions as to what to do?

I've been doing the AAFP Board Review ?'s. I need to start going through the last 3 ITE's.

I'm scared/anxious/nervous & in general, a horrible exam taker.

Any hints or suggestions you have, I'd greatly appreciate!

Thanks!

Taking mine tomorrow. Also did a bunch of the AAFP questions. Reviewed the last 2 ITE exams and watched the AAFP videos. Good luck to everyone!

Taking mine tomorrow. Also did a bunch of the AAFP questions. Reviewed the last 2 ITE exams and watched the AAFP videos. Good luck to everyone!
Good luck! If you don't mind, can you let me know how it goes?!

Blessings be with you!

Took the exam today 4/17, lots of silly mistakes (on me doh!) and maybe 15% random questions, but some fair questions thrown in here or there. The range from "wow so easy to wtf are these words" was insane. Not sure how I could have studied harder, the breadth of material is just too much ahhhh. For reference I did the AAFP practice questions, also watched the review videos, and redid the last 3 ITE exams. Praying 🙏

Took the exam today 4/17, lots of silly mistakes (on me doh!) and maybe 15% random questions, but some fair questions thrown in here or there. The range from "wow so easy to wtf are these words" was insane. Not sure how I could have studied harder, the breadth of material is just too much ahhhh. For reference I did the AAFP practice questions, also watched the review videos, and redid the last 3 ITE exams. Praying 🙏
Prayers & blessings be with you!

Prometric has canceled my test date multiple times. Sorta losing my mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
Today? For those who took it on 04/11

Last edited:
Anyone get results yet?!?? I took it 4/17 and my status still says “registered” and my coresidents status has been changed to “pending”. Now freaking out that maybe my test wasn’t submitted ? When did your status change from registered?

Mine also says registered and support says everything is fine and to just wait.

Reactions: 1 users
I called support as well and was told that “registered” is normal.

Edit: Also 4/17

Anyone get results yet?!?? I took it 4/17 and my status still says “registered” and my coresidents status has been changed to “pending”. Now freaking out that maybe my test wasn’t submitted ? When did your status change from registered?
When did your co-resident take the test? Was that 4/11 or 4/17? Mine was on 4/11 but still listed as in progress…

YES lol i called too!... 4 of my coresidents took the exam and their status all changed today to "pending" ... thank you for this reassurance because I have started to think it was either A) I failed the test or B) never submitted it.

When did your co-resident take the test? Was that 4/11 or 4/17? Mine was on 4/11 but still listed as in progress…
We all took it yesterday 4/17. They sent me screenshots that say "Pending, your results are in progress."

Good luck! If you don't mind, can you let me know how it goes?!

Blessings be with you!
Took the exam today. Honestly so random. I don’t even know how I could’ve prepared more for that. Also very vague in the way they asked questions. Often times I’d think to myself: I’d do two things at once in real life.

Overall well balanced topics but definitely not an easy test in my opinion. Praying that I passed 🙏

Took the exam today. Honestly so random. I don’t even know how I could’ve prepared more for that. Also very vague in the way they asked questions. Often times I’d think to myself: I’d do two things at once in real life.

Overall well balanced topics but definitely not an easy test in my opinion. Praying that I passed 🙏
Thanks so much for the reply. I appreciate it. I will pray for you as well. I am certain you are underestimating yourself! I wish you all the best. I hope you take some time to enjoy yourself!

Did you find that doing the AAFP Board Review Quizzes & reviewing the old ITE's to be helpful?

I never did well on my ITE's, so I'm very scared for my exam next Friday.

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for the reply. I appreciate it. I will pray for you as well. I am certain you are underestimating yourself! I wish you all the best. I hope you take some time to enjoy yourself!

Did you find that doing the AAFP Board Review Quizzes & reviewing the old ITE's to be helpful?

I never did well on my ITE's, so I'm very scared for my exam next Friday.

Thanks again!
Thank you 🙏 They were all helpful. I learn best by doing questions. The videos were good for foundational knowledge also. None of that will hurt to use to prepare. Good luck!!

For those that took it last week…really no prelim results yet?!

Is anyone else looking up questions and realizing they missed a **** ton?!

YES lol i called too!... 4 of my coresidents took the exam and their status all changed today to "pending" ... thank you for this reassurance because I have started to think it was either A) I failed the test or B) never submitted it

My status still says registered. Did it change for you guys?

My status still says registered. Did it change for you guys?
Still says registered. I am literally refreshing every 15 minutes…kind of unhealthy at this point

For those that took it last week…really no prelim results yet?!
I took the exam 4/12, status changed to “in progress” the next day. Got a preliminary pass result 4/18 at about 9am. So turn around for me was about 3-4 business days later.

4/11. Radio silent

I took the exam 4/12, status changed to “in progress” the next day. Got a preliminary pass result 4/18 at about 9am. So turn around for me was about 3-4 business days later.
Wait you got your prelim result? In three days?

Wait you got your prelim result? In three days?
Yes I did. It was earlier than I expected. I don’t know what their process is for sending out preliminary results. I had a friend take it last year and he waited 7 days and then got a preliminary pass.

Yes I did. It was earlier than I expected. I don’t know what their process is for sending out preliminary results. I had a friend take it last year and he waited 7 days and then got a preliminary pass.
Big congratulations!

Took the exam on 4/14, status went from registered --> pending, received an email from abfm today at 1pm CST stating that prelim results were in, and I passed!! I felt absolutely horrible walking out of the exam and have been checking this thread obsessively the last few days!

Congrats to everyone who passed. Took mine 4/18. Made the silliest mistakes. Also looked up questions and stressing that I missed so many. Hoping and praying I passed!

04/11 pass!! Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to those who passed! If you don't mind sharing, what were your ITE scores like (generally speaking) during residency? I'm nervous bc my ITE scores were pretty low (plus all those wrong answers lol) :/

Congrats to those who passed! If you don't mind sharing, what were your ITE scores like (generally speaking) during residency? I'm nervous bc my ITE scores were pretty low (plus all those wrong answers lol) :/

I also had low ITE scores. I suck at test taking.

Took it 4/11 also got the prelim pass!
Reviewed past 3 years ITE and did ~900 AAFP board review question (lots of outdated stuff).

ITE: 390, 420, 460

Abfm: 580

Last edited:
Holy crap, 4/17 PRELIM PASS!

Ugly crying but so unbelievably grateful.
Studied: AAFP questions (all), past 3 ITEs, AAFP board review videos/ppts

ITE: 390, 350, 420

It is doable guys! Can't believe I'm about to be a real real doctor finally 😭😭😭🙏🙏🙏

Holy crap, 4/17 PRELIM PASS!

Ugly crying but so unbelievably grateful.
Studied: AAFP questions (all), past 3 ITEs, AAFP board review videos/ppts

ITE: 390, 350, 420

It is doable guys! Can't believe I'm about to be a real real doctor finally 😭😭😭🙏🙏🙏
Congratulations!!! I’m so stressed. I have literally counted 20+ questions that I’ve missed

Took test in 4/17, got a pass today!

Reviewed past 3 ITEs and some AAFP questions sprinkled in between with a few videos from board review.

ITE scores: 370, 440, 480