AACPMAS APPLICATION QUESTIONS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinklemonade2121

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I know that AACPMAS opens first W of August, but I was wondering how we could prepare for that before hand? Should we start sending our transcripts and MCAT Scores? I know that the 2017-2018 application is still up, if I get started on that one would all my information transfer to the 2018-2019 application? Sorry for so many questions! Super interested in being a podiatrist but there wasn't a lot of information at my prehealth department.

Members don't see this ad.

I started an application prior to the year I was applying just to become familiar with it. I obviously didn’t submit the actual application. When it came time to actually complete and submit my application, I remember that certain things could be carried over from the previous year. I don’t remember which parts of the application were eligible for this, but you can always email AACPMAS to ask.
amazing thank you! Do you know if we could submit transcripts and MCAT prior to application opening?

amazing thank you! Do you know if we could submit transcripts and MCAT prior to application opening?

I did the same thing as @outofstep. I did send in my transcripts just before the close of the previous cycle and they were reviewed and added to my application. This part is such a gray area though because I'm not sure when my transcripts were received and if this would work again. It would probably be best to contact the application service to see. I took my MCAT later in the cycle so I cannot speak to that at all. Good luck this year :) :) :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I did the same thing as @outofstep. I did send in my transcripts just before the close of the previous cycle and they were reviewed and added to my application. This part is such a gray area though because I'm not sure when my transcripts were received and if this would work again. It would probably be best to contact the application service to see. I took my MCAT later in the cycle so I cannot speak to that at all. Good luck this year :) :) :)
thank you so much for the advice :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! So I know that AACPMAS opens first W of August, but I was wondering how we could prepare for that before hand? Should we start sending our transcripts and MCAT Scores? I know that the 2017-2018 application is still up, if I get started on that one would all my information transfer to the 2018-2019 application? Sorry for so many questions! Super interested in being a podiatrist but there wasn't a lot of information at my prehealth department.
I understand that you are excited and want to start ASAP, but there is no need for rush. There is plenty of time. You will get verified within couple of days and anything before new years is very early in the cycle. It is not like you will start school year any earlier.

But if you want to start early, I would just open the app and familiarize myself. You can pre-write your experiences and such.
Is your PS done? If not, you can work on that. It takes time.

I think that Academic History and Personal Info are the only sections that can get transferred to a new cycle app. Also, you should be able to get them verified and that should transfer as well.

Can we start sending in transcripts for the 2019 cycle? If so where do we send them? Is there transcript request form that AACPMAS generates for us to send to schools? Also, how do we submit letters of recommendation? Do we send them to AACPMAS or elsewhere?

I am a little confused and need some help understanding the transcript entry in AACPMAS. I had to retake some intro level bio/chem classes for my post bacc pre health program. I noticed when going to verify my transcripts that it says:

"Note: courses should be marked repeated ONLY IF repeated at the same institution. If you took a course at one institution and later repeated it at another institution, it should NOT be marked repeated."

I know this is obvious but I technically did repeat a course for a higher grade. I just wanted to triple check that I DO NOT check repeat for any courses even though I did take bio I and chem I & II again? I want to make sure they see that I did retake these courses and got A's in them instead of B's/C's. What are your thoughts on this? Will DPM schools see that I scored higher and that it was a repeat at another institution?

Also, is Stat Principles Psychology (PSYC 210) under "Psychology" Subject or "Statistics?"

Thank you!
Do not mark as repeat. You got it right. They will see the courses. What would change if they dont see that you retook. It doesn't change anything in my opinion. You cGPA and sGPA will reflect that. That is what matters.

Statistics or Psychology, it is not part of sGPA. Mark it either way. If incorrect, they will correct it.

Where do I find the information of all schools in one large pdf? I found it somewhere couple months ago and I thought I had bookmarked it but can't find it now. Do you guys know what I'm talking about?

Reactions: 4 users
I had a question about inputting grades into the app also: I have IB credits from high school that gave me credit in college. I know I put them as 0 credits, but what semester do they fall under? Do I put it the Spring prior or...the summer? Or maybe even in the Fall semester I started? Could really like some clarification if anyone knows...thanks!

I had a question about inputting grades into the app also: I have IB credits from high school that gave me credit in college. I know I put them as 0 credits, but what semester do they fall under? Do I put it the Spring prior or...the summer? Or maybe even in the Fall semester I started? Could really like some clarification if anyone knows...thanks!
I had AP credit and I just listed them under the first quarter I started so you should be fine with adding them to your Fall semester of your first year.

The Application says my transcript has arrived. When will it let me know of its calculated GPAs?

Hi guys, I just recently decided that I want to apply to Podiatric school. I read on school websites that for priority consideration, we need to apply before April for matriculation in fall. How true is this? Or would you guys suggest applying the next cycle. MCAT: 507
GPA:3.6
SGPA:3.5
Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, I just recently decided that I want to apply to Podiatric school. I read on school websites that for priority consideration, we need to apply before April for matriculation in fall. How true is this? Or would you guys suggest applying the next cycle. MCAT: 507
Thanks in advance!

You will get in everywhere you apply that still has spots. Even if you applied in June you'd still get in somewhere. Good luck!

Thanks in advance!
I applied in May during my application cycle and had no problems getting acceptances and scholarships. With your stats, you will see scholarships as well.