4 year Navy HPSP 2018 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dang, I've been sitting by my phone all day long waiting to get the call... Feels like hearing back from dental schools all over again. Did your recruiter tell you approximately when they would have the results.

I haven't gotten a response yet either. I sent my signed copy of the document i mentioned before and my recruiter just told me he "got it" but didn't say anything else lol.
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear back today but i'm not really hopeful anyways. I don't even think there were any scholarships left for our board . Considering how long it's taking them, there was probably a huge turnout of applicants too.

Members don't see this ad.

The recruiter said the results could be out within one week

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear back today but i'm not really hopeful anyways. I don't even think there were any scholarships left for our board . Considering how long it's taking them, there was probably a huge turnout of applicants too.

Well the fact that they have not flat out rejected us is a good sign, we all have an equal fighting chance so fingers crossed everyone.

For those who already have received the scholarship there is a specific time when your paperwork will be available to turn in. Apparently it depends on when you start school according to the recruiter. Mine will be available to turn in May 1st. My recruiter said some of them may be as late as August.

For those who already have received the scholarship there is a specific time when your paperwork will be available to turn in. Apparently it depends on when you start school according to the recruiter. Mine will be available to turn in May 1st. My recruiter said some of them may be as late as August.
your commissioning paperwork? yes, it does go by school start date. Mine is due next week because I start school in August.

Duvaldentist and Jaesango, do you have any information from your recruiters

Duvaldentist and Jaesango, do you have any information from your recruiters

Contacted him about a week ago and he said it's just a waiting game from here on out... I'll give him a call tomorrow to see if I can get some more details. Didn't bother to call back bc someone said Wednesday was the big day but I'll give him a call tomorrow see if he can shed some light on the topic.

your commissioning paperwork? yes, it does go by school start date. Mine is due next week because I start school in August.

My start date is August 1st I think but he said that that is also the first date I will be able to sign my paperwork. Was hoping to get the ball rolling and go ahead and sign it.

My start date is August 1st I think but he said that that is also the first date I will be able to sign my paperwork. Was hoping to get the ball rolling and go ahead and sign it.
The date you received the scholarship might also be a factor. I received it after the first board in January, so, I've been sitting on it for a while

The date you received the scholarship might also be a factor. I received it after the first board in January, so, I've been sitting on it for a while
I received the scholarship after the first board in January as well, and I haven't been notified of any papers to submit or anything from commissioning. All I heard was that commissioning may be in August, even though my school starts in July.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the scholarship after the first board in January as well, and I haven't been notified of any papers to submit or anything from commissioning. All I heard was that commissioning may be in August, even though my school starts in July.
Maybe it's just for those of us on the west coast? I know my recruiters office is trying to get people off of the waitlisted who are attending uop

Maybe it's just for those of us on the west coast? I know my recruiters office is trying to get people off of the waitlisted who are attending uop

I boarded on Feb 12 and east coast. He first told me I was "professionally recommended" at first but emailed me about 3 weeks ago with the official congratulations letter that I received it. Apparently it's pretty common for the Navy to not start the commissioning until August but I figured we should still be able to go ahead and sign the papers. I'll try to push it more once July comes but I guess I'm just gonna wait til I hear some more from him.

I don't know if this applies to HPSP but for HSCP, the earliest you can be sworn in is 30 days prior to first day of school..

Just a heads up for HSCP recipients. I received my official letter of acceptance to the NAVY HSCP program today and I will be sworn in on July 11th..

Reactions: 3 users
Just a heads up for HSCP recipients. I received my official letter of acceptance to the NAVY HSCP program today and I will be sworn in on July 11th..

Awesome congrats again buddy, did you get it in the mail?

Took my oath of office. No way out now.

Reactions: 2 users
Do you get a reserve card? After you're sworn in?
they said I would get one but I'd have to refer to the booklet on how to actually get it. Also you can get usaa once you start recieving money from the navy.

they said I would get one but I'd have to refer to the booklet on how to actually get it. Also you can get usaa once you start recieving money from the navy.
Oh cool, thanks for the info. I commission tomorrow, so I'll inquire more about it when I get there.

Reactions: 1 user
I heard from mine. No new information. Recruiter says they are waiting for results. No update on time frame

I've been following this thread hoping to hear information just like the rest of you. Today my recruiter called me and told me I had received the full four year Navy HPSP. I submitted my application in late January, but I don't think I was actually reviewed until March. I'm quite ecstatic about the news and hope you guys start hearing things soon as well. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
I've been following this thread hoping to hear information just like the rest of you. Today my recruiter called me and told me I had received the full four year Navy HPSP. I submitted my application in late January, but I don't think I was actually reviewed until March. I'm quite ecstatic about the news and hope you guys start hearing things soon as well. Good luck!

congrats :)

Awesome news, congrats!!!

not too familiar with the HPSP pooling & selection process (if the scholarships are divided out by profession, etc.) in the Navy, but I was just told today that I received the 4 year HPSP for medical school.
Submitted application on April 1st.

Looking forward to meeting some future colleagues in Navy Medicine :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Duvaldentist and Jaesango, have you heard from your recruiters

I was browsing through instagram and saw your commissioning pic lol.. congrats..
Haha, that's too funnny. Didn't even hit me with the double tap?...geeze.

dude of course I did lol.. but you got so many likes already... :)

"freedom ain't free, neither is grad school" LMFAO.. nice one..
Haha definitely me. Thanks. Small world. I guess there's not too many hpsp hashtags lol

When I got accepted in February, I waited two weeks to ask my recruiter when I could get sworn in. She said she had the papers on her desk and forgot so "good thing" I called. Anyway, got that done. Waited another week or two to get into the system. Then made an appointment at the nearest PSD to get my Military ID issued. My recruiter said I could wait til after school to get it but to hell with that! With that, I've been getting discounts everywhere, can shop at the Navy exchange (kinda like an exclusive department store) and most importantly opened up accounts with the Navy federal credit union...which is giving me an amazing rate with a car loan and home loan. My recommendation is push your recruiter to get you sworn in and into the system asap in order to get your ID. From that point, you're good to go

Reactions: 2 users
When I got accepted in February, I waited two weeks to ask my recruiter when I could get sworn in. She said she had the papers on her desk and forgot so "good thing" I called. Anyway, got that done. Waited another week or two to get into the system. Then made an appointment at the nearest PSD to get my Military ID issued. My recruiter said I could wait til after school to get it but to hell with that! With that, I've been getting discounts everywhere, can shop at the Navy exchange (kinda like an exclusive department store) and most importantly opened up accounts with the Navy federal credit union...which is giving me an amazing rate with a car loan and home loan. My recommendation is push your recruiter to get you sworn in and into the system asap in order to get your ID. From that point, you're good to go

Have you tried getting USAA insurance as well by chance?

Recruiter just emailed me. As I expected I got on the alternate list. He said last year, everyone on the alternate got a spot around october-december when they opened up more scholarship spots. There were around 40. He's going to tell me my rank soon too. Hopefully it'll be the same this time around as well.

Recruiter just emailed me. As I expected I got on the alternate list. He said last year, everyone on the alternate got a spot around october-december when they opened up more scholarship spots. There were around 40. He's going to tell me my rank soon too. Hopefully it'll be the same this time around as well.

I'm sorry to hear that my friend but I'll still be rooting for you, Is this for the HPSP or HSCP?

were you offered HSCP at least?