4.0/519 CA ORM WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fjfjf djdjd

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Any service orientation activities? Nice advocacy profile, but you need at least 150 hours of service orientation (in-person not online) to avoid getting screened out, and 250-300 to be on par with applicants going for brand-name schools, which I would say you are likely going to be one. Text line is not helpful here.

Is there a reason why you aren't going to a research track or a PhD? Your hours of tutoring point to an academic direction where you are rewarded for teaching (though not necessarily compensated). "Literacy" and awareness are academic goals. You've got a few hundred/thousand hours in this bucket. More hours in this bucket than clinical experiences. Seriously why not MD/PhD?

Any service orientation activities? Nice advocacy profile, but you need at least 150 hours of service orientation (in-person not online) to avoid getting screened out, and 250-300 to be on par with applicants going for brand-name schools, which I would say you are likely going to be one. Text line is not helpful here.

Is there a reason why you aren't going to a research track or a PhD? Your hours of tutoring point to an academic direction where you are rewarded for teaching (though not necessarily compensated). "Literacy" and awareness are academic goals. You've got a few hundred/thousand hours in this bucket. More hours in this bucket than clinical experiences. Seriously why not MD/PhD?
Within the nonprofit I work with, I have 200 hours of going into areas with cancer disparities and underserved communities to engage them and hear their stories. I also go and provide resources and bridge access to their disparities. Furthermore, in the other nonprofit, I have about 200 hours of going into my local community to teach bystanders in rural places about CPR and first aid and how to deal with wounds. Also, within one of my clubs, I spend time engaging and teaching kids that suffer from pediatric aids. Have about 50 hours within this. I love teaching and researching with all my heart, but I feel like I see myself enjoying more in the clinical setting. I rather engage with patients than do more research, and I don’t want to spend the extra years pursuing a PhD

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a very similar app - 14II (including 5 T20s) and several acceptances so far. I think you'll be fine as long as your writing is good.

I had a very similar app - 14II (including 5 T20s) and several acceptances so far. I think you'll be fine as long as your writing is good.
Hey! That’s amazing. Congrats! Any schools you think I should remove/replace? Trying to cut down like 4 schools.

Hey! That’s amazing. Congrats! Any schools you think I should remove/replace? Trying to cut down like 4 schools.
If you're not from the bay/near Davis, I would remove UCD. Depending on how many non-clinical volunteer hours you have, I would also remove Chicago. NYU also might be one to remove due to really high stat medians. Personally tho, I think the more the merrier when it comes to applying. If you can add some more, I would add more mid-tier schools like Tufts and Tulane. Also apply as early as possible. Secondaries in as soon as you can. Prewrite so you can get them in within days. There are a lot of similar applicants so you wanna be at the top of the pile.

Reactions: 1 user
If you're not from the bay/near Davis, I would remove UCD. Depending on how many non-clinical volunteer hours you have, I would also remove Chicago. NYU also might be one to remove due to really high stat medians. Personally tho, I think the more the merrier when it comes to applying. If you can add some more, I would add more mid-tier schools like Tufts and Tulane. Also apply as early as possible. Secondaries in as soon as you can. Prewrite so you can get them in within days. There are a lot of similar applicants so you wanna be at the top of the pile.
I’m from the bay initially so works out perfectly. Hm I have technically like 1K hours over non clinical so I might shoot my shot with NYU and Chicago cuz why not lol. Hm okay. Should I just full send 40 schools and add 1-2 more mid tiers?