30 & above to enter med school on June 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chico

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Calling all people with ages 30 and above entering med school this June 2007! Let us join forces and encourage more 30 above people to enter med school. Share ur insights as we enter a new chapter of our lives.

Members don't see this ad.

Calling all people with ages 30 and above entering med school this June 2007! Let us join forces and encourage more 30 above people to enter med school. Share ur insights as we enter a new chapter of our lives.

I'll be 28... can I join ya?:)

UST sets an age limit for applicants (35yo). I don't know if this is also relevant in the US. Age doesn't set the limit on how much more you can learn. Goodluck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
UST sets an age limit for applicants (35yo). I don't know if this is also relevant in the US. Age doesn't set the limit on how much more you can learn. Goodluck :)

As far as I know, Uniformed Military Services Academy is the only US medical school with an age limit (I think 30 or 35 at entry). But even they have a waver process, given a clean bill of health.

^ well, it's true what chocopinipig said. UST's so strict with age. the oldest in our batch entered at 32. i heard from my family friend/doctor (who's part of the admissions committee) that they denied an applicant just because of his age, despite good credentials.

UST is missing a lot on the age-old wisdom these guys can offer. I do think that they can offer something new in the practice of medicine. They had the experience working outside (meaning not in a hospital setting) after all. Besides medicine is a vocation and you can start at any age to help others. ( we just need to bring the price of medications down first).