3.92 GPA, 3.89sGPA, 27MCAT :-(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just was accepted to my first school earlier today!! I still am in shock! Thanks to all of you who have provided encouragement and honest opinions throughout the cycle!! Still waiting on 3 more decisions post-interview, but I am honored to be accepted by one school :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!​

Please disregard my previous post, as I should have read through all of the posts before responding. Their selecting you gives me more faith in the system. Was it Drexel, because they are really good about seeing diamonds where others see quartz.

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!​

Please disregard my previous post, as I should have read through all of the posts before responding. Their selecting you gives me more faith in the system. Was it Drexel, because they are really good about seeing diamonds where others see quartz.
Yes. It was Drexel. I had no idea what to expect after the interview. It was fast, cold, rainy and I left not knowing any more about the school than I did when I 1st arrived there. I have researched it further since & understand that they really did look at me as a person & not a stat. Wow, so nice to breathe again!
Thanks for your kind words.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Couldn't happen to a better SDNer.

Yes. It was Drexel. I had no idea what to expect after the interview. It was fast, cold, rainy and I left not knowing any more about the school than I did when I 1st arrived there. I have researched it further since & understand that they really did look at me as a person & not a stat. Wow, so nice to breathe again!
Thanks for your kind words.

I agree with this. Their holistic approach to reviewing applicants was a big topic of discussion during my interview. Thats probably why I got in too! :thumbup:

I'm honored for the opportunity, Drexel. I'm ready to prove you right.

Congrats to you Mike. As others have said, I was secretly rooting for you as well. Class of 2014!

Congrats! Couldn't happen to a better SDNer.
It just goes to show that we all have a chance to make those dreams come true. We've all worked hard, sacrificed alot, gotten through the weed-out courses and deserve a chance to show who we are as future doctors. I'm not only happy to see that there are schools (which we should all pay attention to!) that look at us as more than stats, I am truly grateful for you SDNers. Except for a very few, your comments and support make me proud to be a part of such a great bunch of people. I'm rooting for everyone of you!

Last edited:
just wanted to say grats. I have a low mcat too (29) and im just hoping someone gives me a chance like drexel did you. Oddly enough i interviewed at drexel in early nov and am waiting to hear back lol. gotta love drexel maybe well be classmates:).

Hospice is end of life quality care of the terminally ill and their families: truly an amazing experience.

sounds the same for nursing home...

maybe i should go update those schools... lolz

just wanted to say grats. I have a low mcat too (29) and im just hoping someone gives me a chance like drexel did you. Oddly enough i interviewed at drexel in early nov and am waiting to hear back lol. gotta love drexel maybe well be classmates:).
I hope so, Elijah. I've seen how hard you've worked over the past few months. You deserve it!

Nice,

Here is hope for those with low MCAT score.

Way to go OP.:thumbup:

Just was accepted to my first school earlier today!! I still am in shock! Thanks to all of you who have provided encouragement and honest opinions throughout the cycle!! Still waiting on 3 more decisions post-interview, but I am honored to be accepted by one school :D

:thumbup:

Welcome to medicine!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yo, reidmike--I applied D.O. as well as M.D. why the heck wouldn't someone apply and get greater options? geeze

Yo, reidmike--I applied D.O. as well as M.D. why the heck wouldn't someone apply and get greater options? geeze
No offense intended...honestly. I just know, for me, the only option was MD....even if it meant reapplying next year. That's not the way many people feel..it just wasn't right for me.

Maybe he doesn't like the D.O. approach? To each their own. No sense in spending 4 year and a career unhappy with your education.

hahaha loolz:)

i give u greenie for being brave and speaking your mind.:D:thumbup:

Bannie remember last week when we argued? I like arguing. And guys that like to argue. Let's be friends. Unless you wanna argue about being friends- which I'm down to do to

Bannie remember last week when we argued? I like arguing. And guys that like to argue. Let's be friends. Unless you wanna argue about being friends- which I'm down to do to

I dont remember our argument. I remember a good discussion. I wipe all negative impressions of people clean the next time I meet them.

It would be great if we can be friends, I always love making more friends.

I do feel he is very very brave, to speak his mind, especially on SDN where many of the users can be really immature sometimes. Some believe that everything they say is law and nothing else is right.

Its just an opinion, I think everybody deserves to speak their mind. And so I respect him.

I did not say I agree. Neither did I say I disagree. So before we jump to that, please.... do not misquote/interpret/or all that stuffy today!

:D

I'm pretty sure I am not the only one who feels this way about DO schools. The standards for DO school are much lower than the standards for MD schools. If DO schools are just as good as MD schools then why do they expect less from their applicants? Most people apply to DO schools as a back up if they dont get into an MD school. I have never seen a strong applicant who desires to be a DO.

To me- D.O. is for the weak.

hmmm yet DO's get the exact same salary and opportunity as MD's?

Wow that must really boil your blood..the weak DO's getting just as much pay as MD's. I'll let the DO who is head of cardiothoracic surgery at my local hospital know what you think...oh yeah and he saves the lives of many ill individuals on a regular basis...hmm saving a life doesn't equal weak in my book (my book rules by the way):rolleyes:

I'd be proud to be wither a DO or MD :thumbup:

...I hope you can find it within yourself to respect both DO's and MD's equally

Dear, Himself

You are all about yourself. Hence, the name: "himself." I know a man who made a 35R, 3.93 gpa. He only applied D.O. :idea: So turn on the light bulb and see the real world. I feel sorry for you when you meet a D.O. in the practice who knows more than you.... Good day