~3.3cGPA, 32 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NFLBlitz2000

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Undergrad: Emory University, Major: Neuroscience Behavior Biology, Minor: Economics - 3.0 GPA
Graduate: Masters in Medical Science, 3.2 GPA (40 hours of year 1 and 2 medical school courses)
Current Graduate Programs: Concurrent MPH & MPS (Masters in Public Health/Masters in Public Service) - 3.6 GPA

Ethnicity: Indian
MCAT: 32

EC's:

• Founder and organizer of a TEDx conference - 2000 volunteer hours
  • 8 years of research/lab work
  • Graduate Level Practicum Project: Focused on Senior Hunger
  • Graduate Level International Public Service Project in Holland: Studying medicinal cannabis prescription practices
  • Founder/CEO of a 501(c)3 - Free Standardized Test Prep for socioeconomically challenged kids (700 Hours)
  • 1.5 yrs of shadowing, specifically pediatrics (the field I want to go into)
  • 15 years violin/piano
  • Part of Student Government in Grad school
  • MPH student representative on joint oversight committee of state department of health and college of public health were I study
  • Health and Wellness Center Volunteer - 100 hours
  • Have some awards and scholarships as well
  • Strong LORs

Any recommendations on schools I should apply to? I don't care where it is haha! Would love to hear some feedback! Be real and harsh if need be. I can take it. Lol.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your UG and grad GPA's dont get averaged together your UG GPA is what's used for evaluation for MD schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Where is your state of residence? You are competitive for some DO schools since you have a good MCAT score for DO schools. Schools to consider include:
PCOM (both schools)
LECOM (both schools)
ARCOM (new school)
ACOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
MU-COM
NYIT-Arkansas (new school)
RVU-Utah (new school)
UIWSOM (new school-Texas)
You should apply to many schools due to your low GPA.

Reactions: 1 users
Here's the problem
MD schools don't count MS GPAs, and the MPH's aren't considered rigorous enough.

Thus, I can't recommend MD schools for OP, except his/her state schools.

OP is fine for any DO school.

Whats with the consistently low gpa's? Your MCAT score and ECs are solid.

Whats with the consistently low gpa's? Your MCAT score and ECs are solid.

I liked socializing and doing activities instead of focusing on school during college. I just didn't get my academic act together until later in my life. I failed to make myself understand that academics count more than EC's early in my career. Built a lot of vital relationships and long-term connections at the expense of my grades basically.

I liked socializing and doing activities instead of focusing on school during college. I just didn't get my academic act together until later in my life. I failed to make myself understand that academics count more than EC's early in my career. Built a lot of vital relationships and long-term connections at the expense of my grades basically.

Your MCAT definitely shows you are capable though. Idk, you still have a good chance of getting into DO schools, as the adcoms have said. Maybe some MDs will value your ECs and overlook the undergrad GPA.