3.3cGPA/3.5sGPA and 513- WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wisefool

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently got my MCAT score (129/125/130/129). I am doing a SMP currently. I have 1000+ hours as a medical scribe (most recent), 800+ hrs volunteering, 2 years of work experience (non-clinical), abroad trip. Strong LORs as well. I had one bad year in undergrad due to mother's illness. Upward trajectory afterward, 4.0 GPA. I had to take two years off after graduating to work on my application and save money. I don't want to a big post- save whoever is reading this some time. I would really appreciate feedback. I know MD schools are too far fetched with my stats. Thank you for any tips!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a PA resident and applying this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are competitive for all DO schools with your stats and could receive MD interviews also. I suggest these DO schools:
PCOM
LECOM (all schools)
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
MU-COM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
AZCOM
UNECOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
ACOM
For MD schools I suggest these:
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Commonwealth-Geisinger
Albany
New York Medical College
Vermont
Quinnipiac
George Washington
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Wayne State
If you are going to apply to MD schools you should apply this month and submit all your secondaries by September.

Reactions: 1 user
Drexel is my top choice. I am submitting my application to AMCAS today! I know my chances are slim in MD due to GPA, but hoping it works out.