DO 3.35cGPA 505 MCAT WAMC DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TestingDOwaters

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA 3.35 3.4 sGPA 505 MCAT
Bio & Public Health double major, two minors
Ohio Resident, White
2 years in multiple research labs, multiple presentations, working on a project that has the potential for publication over summer
Over 15 different executive positions on campus including founding an organization and multiple president positions of organizations
Volunteered over 300 hours with various organizations, the majority with habitat for humanity
80 hours shadowing, mostly DO
1000 hours+ as a pharmacy technician
Published poet & freelance finance journalist
TA for Gen Chem & Genetics
Have secured a DO letter from OBGYN from OUHCOM
What do you think my chances are of getting into DO school? Is OUHCOM within reach?

Members don't see this ad.

You are competitive for the majority of DO schools with your stats. OUHCOM is where your best chances are. You also have MU-COM, WVSOM, UP-KYCOM and LECOM in your region so consider those also.

I have a 3.1 cGPA, 3.4 sGPA and 505 MCAT. I applied to 26 DO schools and got 7 interview invites (ARCOM, WVSOM, Touro-Middletown, BCOM, LMU-DCOM, LECOM-B, PCOM-GA)
I didn't have any research, just basic ECs and a full time job as an engineer for 7 years. I think you'll be just fine for DO if you apply early and cast a wide net. In 2016, OUHCOM had 97.4% of their class come from Ohio. Pretty sure that will be an automatic interview invite if you apply there.

Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user