WAMC: 3.2/505 DO school list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

junkie123

Reaction score
I need some help listing some DO schools since I’m only applying to DO. Do you think I have shot at any DO schools? I might be considering to apply to state MDs. I appreciate the feedback

1. cGPA 3.27 and sGPA 3.2 calculated by AACOMAS. cGPA 3.27 and sGPA 3.1 by AMCAS upward trend. Current post bacc 3.5. Graduated with an undergraduate gpa of 3.5 in 2023. Currently in my gap year working, volunteering and taking post bacc at my university.

2. MCAT: 505

3. State of residence: Texas

4. Hispanic Mexican/American. Might be URM.

5. Clinical experience: 150 hours ED clinical volunteering. 750 hours as a Medical Assistant. Both are current, which I will accumulate more hours.

6. Shadowing experience: 20 hrs shadowing DO at ED.

7. Research experience: 300 hrs as a volunteer research during my junior and senior year of undergrad. Neuroscience related. No publications but worked closely with professors.

8. Non-clinical volunteering: 500 hrs in total volunteering in church, going to homeless and immigration centers.

9: Other extracurricular activities: 1000 hrs Leadership experience at a youth group church. My role was to look for community service opportunities and engage the youth to serve others. 800 hrs as a tutor/mentor for high school students. 2000 hrs as a personal caregiver to my mother.

10. Deans list for a couple of semesters. Graduated honors cum-laude. 3 LORs so far 2 from professors and 1 MD.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you networked with LMSA chapters at the Texas schools (MD or DO)? Where did you grow up in Texas?

You should add 20-30 hours of shadowing in a specialty. I don't know if you are working IM/FM as a med assistant.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have you networked with LMSA chapters at the Texas schools (MD or DO)? Where did you grow up in Texas?

You should add 20-30 hours of shadowing in a specialty. I don't know if you are working IM/FM as a med assistant.
I have not networked with LMSA. I grew up south Texas in McAllen. Working as IM medical assistant.

Could do all TMDSAS schools (includes DO) and add a few other DO’s that you like. I’m not too fluent in the DO schools, but you should be decently competitive at most.

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
All your Texas TMDSAS MD and DO schools
TCU
Tulane
For DO schools I suggest these:
UIWSOM
AZCOM
TUNCOM
BCOM
OSU-COM
KCU-COM