2023-2024 Western Michigan (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still waiting for that experience review email.....

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share some insights about this school for prospective applicants. While the school offers a warm and supportive environment, it's essential to be aware of the evolving landscape of medical education, especially since the step has transitioned to pass/fail. Residency selection now places high emphasis on research and school tier. Unfortunately, this school might not provide the necessary research opportunities to match competitive specialties or top programs in non-competitive specialties. Unlike schools attached to university hospitals, where publishing and networking are more accessible, many students here face challenges in getting involved in research projects, let alone getting published.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.
I agree, everyone withdraw your applications here ASAP!!! I definitely will too... :1whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Just got an email from their director of admissions telling me I haven't submitted the secondary yet. Can't tell if they want me or if they want my $$

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email from their director of admissions telling me I haven't submitted the secondary yet. Can't tell if they want me or if they want my $$
Me too. I'm going to submit it tomorrow, but the diversity essay had been throwing me off.

Anyone else who completed 07/19 or prior still waiting for experience review email..?

anyone know if we are supposed to get any confirmation email once we finished the online assessment portion of the secondary app? I completed it earlier today but the portal has not marked it complete yet. I was wondering if this happened to anyone else as well

anyone know if we are supposed to get any confirmation email once we finished the online assessment portion of the secondary app? I completed it earlier today but the portal has not marked it complete yet. I was wondering if this happened to anyone else as well
I got an email confirming my application was complete after I submitted the online assessment

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if there's actually a difference between being in the experiences review stage vs being in consideration for a phone interview?

what is the experiences review? reviewing secondaries?
I'm not 100% sure, but their website says something about select candidates move into that stage... my guess is that they have some sort of screening and then those people get their applications more thoroughly reviewed. I have no idea how selective it is or what determines if you get it

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IS phone II just now! LM 70, submitted 7/25, marked complete 7/31.

Reactions: 2 users
IS phone II received right now!!!! Submitted 7/28

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know what percent of phone II turn into actual IIs ?

Does anyone know what percent of phone II turn into actual IIs ?
I was able to find some info from 2022: approximately 800 phone interviews out of ~4000 applications, and then 450 IIs from the phone interviews

FWIW the WMed website says they will be doing approximately 450 interviews again this year

Reactions: 1 users
For those who got the Phone II, when did you guys get the experience review email?

Are we not able to access the online assessment until we submit the secondary?

How long until completion of the test is reflected in the secondary portal? I completed it yesterday but it has yet to be reflected on my portal as complete.

How long did it take you guys to receive the assessment after submitting the secondary?

is it to early to assume rejection if no phone interview invite? (my stats were much below the median mcat)

How long did it take you guys to receive an "application complete" email after completing the online assessment?

When checking the application status, does anyone else's online assessment show that it was completed on a different day that when you actually took it? Like my completion date for the assessment seems to be the date that I received confirmation from WMed that my app was now complete.

just received the "under consideration for a phone interview" email

Anyone else enjoy doing their online assessment? 😹

Just received the "experiences review" email

Received "experiences review" email today. Submitted secondary on 07/19 with decent ties to Western Michigan

Also received experiences review email today. Completed 07/19/23.

How long after the experiences review does it usually take to get a decision

How long did it take you guys to go from complete to "under experiences review"?

Does anyone know how common it is to receive a phone II after receiving the "under consideration for phone II" email?

Reactions: 3 users