2023-2024 Waitlist Support Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Definitely send a letter of intent I know for sure Pitt really like them!!

Ok, thank you for letting me know!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
2 waitlists (neomed, rutgers)... but also need to hear back from wmed, temple, and drexel for a post ii decision. whats the likelihood of coming off 5 waitlists?

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know the likelihood of getting off at least 1 of 4 tx WL? 😭😭😭

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
5 II ---> 3 WL, 1 A (DO), 1 pending! But it's been so hard to get excited about my A while in the waiting game 🥲

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
10 IIs --> 6 WL, 2 post-II Rs, 1 pending, 1A (!) I'm so grateful for my 1 A but also really really am hoping to end up at one of my schools closer to my family and my partner :cryi:

9 IIs —> 4WL, 3 post-II Rs, 1 pending, 1A - agree with you on being so so grateful for the A but the 4 schools I’m waitlisted at are my top choices so I’m rlly hoping it works out for us🥲

• Care
Anyone know if you can send a letter stating a school is your top choice if you’re on the waitlist even if you haven’t been accepted anywhere? Do schools care about seeing that? Would it hold any weight?

If you have been accepted somewhere is submitting a letter of intent elsewhere I’m on WL a good idea ?

Reactions: 1 users
Do you think I should mention in the letter that I was accepted elsewhere ? Or how would they know ?

Idk if I’m the best person to ask so maybe some who knows better can comment too. But you can say it’s your top choice and you will choose to go there over any other acceptances.

Starting April 30th when everyone has to select one school to plan to enroll in, medical schools can see if you’ve accepted another offer. They won’t be able to see what school, just that you plan to enroll somewhere.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
5 II --> 5 WL now. :cryi: I was just waitlisted at my absolute dream school. How's everyone else's anxiety level right about now?

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
5 II --> 5 WL now. :cryi: I was just waitlisted at my absolute dream school. How's everyone else's anxiety level right about now?
Sorry to hear. Hoping you have some luck come May 1st (or before!).

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Carle waitlist I hope they have movement because they don’t report any numbers or rank.

Members don't see this ad :)
6 II => 1R, 2 pending (but one is most likely an R), 3 WL

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if having an A at another MD school will help me get off the waitlist at my top MD choice if I mention it in my letter of intent?

Does anyone know if having an A at another MD school will help me get off the waitlist at my top MD choice if I mention it in my letter of intent?
I wouldn't recommend this.
It lacks grace and they can see you have a offer elsewhere (soon).
If you want to say anything, merely state that you will drop all other acceptances for the opportunity to attend.

I wouldn't recommend this.
It lacks grace and they can see you have a offer elsewhere (soon).
If you want to say anything, merely state that you will drop all other acceptances for the opportunity to attend.
Thanks!

Is it likely to affect my waitlist chances at all if I am travelling during waitlist movement times to countries with opposite time zones and can't answer phone calls immediately? I will have international cell service but will probably be asleep during hours where someone might call so it will be difficult for me to promptly return a call. I will also let the WL schools admissions offices know.

Is it likely to affect my waitlist chances at all if I am travelling during waitlist movement times to countries with opposite time zones and can't answer phone calls immediately? I will have international cell service but will probably be asleep during hours where someone might call so it will be difficult for me to promptly return a call. I will also let the WL schools admissions offices know.

I don’t think that should affect anything. If you miss a call they will likely leave a voicemail and send you an email regardless. You should be on top of your emails because some schools might give you only a few days to decide on their offer.

7 ii —-> 1 R, 4WL, 1 A, and 1 pending that’s most likely a wl or R. Really grateful for the A, but almost all my waitlists and the pending school are significantly closer to my family, monumentously cheaper, and are “better ranked”. One of the schools I’m waitlisted at was my dream since high school, and I’m happy that I’m still being considered but also **** scared that I’m never gonna stop thinking about it if it doesn’t work out. Praying for some good news for all of us when may finally arrives

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
4th WL today :( this is my 3rd cycle I'm so tired

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Anyone else already start re-working on primaries? Hopefully none of it will be necessary but it has helped pass some time for sure

9 II -> 2 WL, 1 R, 1 A, and 5 pending so far. The R was my reach/top choice, but oh well. Grateful for my A but hoping to stay in-state or at least within a 4-hour bus radius

• Care
Got waitlisted at two places and accepted at two. UPenn being the most painful wl.

I'm probably going to withdraw my app unless I get a miracle acceptance at Davis. Not feeling terribly confident because my clinical hours are complete trash. I'd love to be a doctor but I can't move my pregnant wife from California to a place with no health insurance and no support system in place. Bummed but okay with it

• Care
3 II -> 3 WL (Davis, Howard, Drew). Really hoping Davis has good WL movement, but Howard would definitely be awesome too. Feel like either my MCAT really held me back or that I didn't interview super strongly, Hate this waiting game though lol

• Care
It's been a weird cycle. 2 II (Case, Sinai) -> 1 WL, 1 pending. Trying to stay optimistic and grateful.

• Care
one interview --> deferred decision since October
definitely losing hope since my stats are lower for this school lol

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
4 II-> 3 WL. Next interview coming up on the 29th.

Yeah this sucks.

• Care
Hello friends! Sitting on 5 II, 1 WL, 4 pending and am trying to stay sane with all the uncertainty. We got this!
Up to 6 II -> 3 WL, 1 differed decision, 1 pending, and 1 interview scheduled for next week. I'm lucky enough to have a DO seat waiting if none of these pan out but my stress level is still not great

• Care
Up to 6 II -> 3 WL, 1 differed decision, 1 pending, and 1 interview scheduled for next week. I'm lucky enough to have a DO seat waiting if none of these pan out but my stress level is still not great
I’m sure you will get an A somewhere!!

• Care
Reapplicant with 6 II -> 3 WL, 3 pending :( Seriously don’t think I can do this a third time
Edit: 4 WL and 1 deferred decision, 1 pending lol rip

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Reapplicant with 6 II -> 3 WL, 3 pending :( Seriously don’t think I can do this a third time
Not a reapplicant, but I took two gap years and applied this cycle. It has been rough. 3II -->3WL so very discouraging but hoping to get in somewhere this year. Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear back!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Not a reapplicant, but I took two gap years and applied this cycle. It has been rough. 3II -->3WL so very discouraging but hoping to get in somewhere this year. Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear back!
3 WL has a really good chance of yielding an A still. Hang in there.

2II -> 2WL, one in October, second in March. I wish we can speed up to May now lol.

• Care
Stupid hypothetical question, If you get offered to get off a waitlist in may and accept, can you rescind the offer later if another school removes you from the waitlist?

Stupid hypothetical question, If you get offered to get off a waitlist in may and accept, can you rescind the offer later if another school removes you from the waitlist?
Yes, you may decline up until the CTE date for the first school.
In other words, all acceptances may be declined until the CTE date. After that, you must indicate that you are committed to that school or risk the loss of that acceptance.

3 II -> 2 WL :(
Does anyone know if attending first-look days as a WL helps anything?

• Care
3 II -> 2 WL :(
Does anyone know if attending first-look days as a WL helps anything?
I think if offered it should to show interest right? Is it offered to everyone on the waitlist? I know that one of the school that I got a post ii R from invites people who are likely gonna get off the waitlist for second look. Maybe check with current students or past threads?

I think if offered it should to show interest right? Is it offered to everyone on the waitlist? I know that one of the school that I got a post ii R from invites people who are likely gonna get off the waitlist for second look. Maybe check with current students or past threads?
I think its everyone on the waitlist

Maybe going to the revisit program would be tough. But on the flip side I visited a school I was waitlisted at last Friday on match day and it was super joyous and happy. I just so happened to be in the area, but it was my first time even just seeing the area and school and helped me get psyched about writing more updates and LOIs!

3 II -> 3WL. I realize every school is different regarding WL movement, but what are the chances of one of these turning into an A?

• Care