2023-2024 UT Houston (McGovern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you’re going to rank them 1 that’s your proof you intend to go there.
However if you end up on their WL after Match Day that’s when you need to send a convincing letter of intent.
In the end be sincere and do what makes you feel you have done what you need to.
A letter of intent only goes to one school…
I was more asking about an update letter for a publication like if I even need to send them it since they’re saying they don’t need it. Should I just hold out until I rank/am waitlisted if I am?

Members don't see this ad.

I was more asking about an update letter for a publication like if I even need to send them it since they’re saying they don’t need it. Should I just hold out until I rank/am waitlisted if I am?
I only know about the LOI part of your question

If you’re going to rank them 1 that’s your proof you intend to go there.
However if you end up on their WL after Match Day that’s when you need to send a convincing letter of intent.
In the end be sincere and do what makes you feel you have done what you need to.
A letter of intent only goes to one school…
McGovern takes people off of the waitlist in strictly numerical order and that ranking order is in place for Match Day. Anything sent to them after Match Day won’t affect waitlist ranking/order.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
McGovern takes people off of the waitlist in strictly numerical order and that ranking order is in place for Match Day. Anything sent to them after Match Day won’t affect waitlist ranking/order.
So no need to even waste the update letter/annoy them?

So no need to even waste the update letter/annoy them?
If you’re going to send one, with the hope that it’ll maybe affect your ranking order, get it in before Match Day. It won’t make any difference afterwards.

for those of us still in undergrad, do we need to update TMDSAS Grades following the end of fall semester? It seems unnecessary if interview has been completed and they have ranked us already based on our application. Plus match is in like two months and then at that point we send in official transcripts? Is it best to just wait until match and then send transcripts when requested?

for those of us still in undergrad, do we need to update TMDSAS Grades following the end of fall semester? It seems unnecessary if interview has been completed and they have ranked us already based on our application. Plus match is in like two months and then at that point we send in official transcripts? Is it best to just wait until match and then send transcripts when requested?
You can enter new grades when they are final on the TMDSAS portal if you wish.
However since it will be so close to the ranking deadline Feb 2 it will not likely have much impact. It’s not required 👌🏻

I'm sure this has been asked before and I just can't find it, but was I supposed to get an application complete email? My MCAT score got sent in a week after I submitted and I got an email from all the others I submitted before it but this one.

My portal says "your application is ready" and "secondary application received" but nothing other than that.

I'm sure this has been asked before and I just can't find it, but was I supposed to get an application complete email? My MCAT score got sent in a week after I submitted and I got an email from all the others I submitted before it but this one.

My portal says "your application is ready" and "secondary application received" but nothing other than that.
they don't send a separate email for that.

Reactions: 1 user
mcgovern needs to stop sending emails with my name in the heading😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
friend (IS) got a pre-II R today. i didn’t realize texas schools sent them this early!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like they are running out of interview slots. :unsure:

Sounds like they are running out of interview slots. :unsure:
I think that's probably the gist of it. Although they will likely still send out some interview invitations over the next 6 weeks, they may have determined that some who are lower in their ranking after reading the primary and secondary and are not going to make the cut for an interview.

I think that's probably the gist of it. Although they will likely still send out some interview invitations over the next 6 weeks, they may have determined that some who are lower in their ranking after reading the primary and secondary and are not going to make the cut for an interview.
Its end of November. They should be finishing calling soon? They are usually closed for last 2 weeks of December.

IS II traditional applicant. 503 MCAT, 3.81 cGPA, 3,64 sGPA. 2000+ hours of community service and a lot with national government/United Nations on food security policy and stuff like that.

I just want to say, there’s hope if you’re not the highest!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
IS II traditional applicant. 503 MCAT, 3.81 cGPA, 3,64 sGPA. 2000+ hours of community service and a lot with national government/United Nations on food security policy and stuff like that.

Congratulations, @aggiedoc24 , did you just receive your invitation today?

Congrats! If you can, what are the available dates remaining?

Loving the community service

Congrats! If you can, what are the available dates remaining?
January 12 was the only one I saw. My roommate also got an ii there yesterday night and he said there was one for Friday too I think? I’m not sure because I was running out of the house this morning, but I believe that’s what he said!

January 12 was the only one I saw. My roommate also got an ii there yesterday night and he said there was one for Friday too I think? I’m not sure because I was running out of the house this morning, but I believe that’s what he said!
That might be last date for the cycle?

Any word on the next round of prematches from UTH?

My friend got the Pre-II R for MD/PhD today.

McG....I've tried everything, why don't you love me back

Come Let Me Love You GIF

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
From previous years do they ever send prematches in the second round to people who were early interview dates or is the second round mostly for post round 1 prematches interview dates?

From previous years do they ever send prematches in the second round to people who were early interview dates or is the second round mostly for post round 1 prematches interview dates?
You could get a prematch months later, because by now they’ve seen most of this year’s candidates to compare. This school doesn’t give out a lot, though.

Reactions: 4 users
Are they sending any more II? I interviewed at Baylor recently but I really wanna get an II here as well.

Are they sending any more II? I interviewed at Baylor recently but I really wanna get an II here as well.

last years reported II dates.

history doesn’t guarantee anything but there may be more.

last years reported II dates.

history doesn’t guarantee anything but there may be more.
Probably a slim chance with this year’s shorter cycle.

IS II completed 11/1/23. Haven't heard anything back yet :/ and this is my top choice. Should I submit a letter of intent this week or should I still hold off in case I get waitlisted? I have no clue what would be best. I have had two additional pubs since my interview, but may have more if I wait on that letter. However, I do know they look for students committed to matriculating. It has taken a lot of will power to not send that letter of intent yet.

IS II completed 11/1/23. Haven't heard anything back yet :/ and this is my top choice. Should I submit a letter of intent this week or should I still hold off in case I get waitlisted? I have no clue what would be best. I have had two additional pubs since my interview, but may have more if I wait on that letter. However, I do know they look for students committed to matriculating. It has taken a lot of will power to not send that letter of intent yet.
If you're IS, you have the match coming up. There's no reason to send a letter of intent because it sounds like you're going to rank them #1!

Reactions: 2 users