2023-2024 Uniformed Services (USUHS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got waitlisted this morning from a 11/13 interview week. Am planning on withdrawing, so I hope this helps speed along the process for others!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received a verdict on a medical waiver request yet? Just wondering how long it might take to hear back

Members don't see this ad :)
Can we schedule medical and security if we don’t get an email from DoD yet?
No - the DoDMERB email came a couple days after the interview confirmation email, though. The SF-86 took me longer than expected lol so I would work on that sooner rather than later and then schedule medical as soon as you get the DoD email.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received a verdict on a medical waiver request yet? Just wondering how long it might take to hear back
I submitted my documents on 10/23, fulfilled a remedial request on 11/29, received my waiver on 01/05, and received my unconditional acceptance this morning

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
No - the DoDMERB email came a couple days after the interview confirmation email, though. The SF-86 took me longer than expected lol so I would work on that sooner rather than later and then schedule medical as soon as you get the DoD email.
How were you able to submit the SF-86? I never received a link or an email to submit that

How were you able to submit the SF-86? I never received a link or an email to submit that
I didn't receive a DoD SAFE link to drop off the form/ID until 5 days before my first interview. Mr. Carrington is very responsive, so if you don't get a link or you have any questions about the SF-86, he can help you out :)

• Care
I didn't receive a DoD SAFE link to drop off the form/ID until 5 days before my first interview. Mr. Carrington is very responsive, so if you don't get a link or you have any questions about the SF-86, he can help you out :)
Got it thank you I will reach out soon then once I get that filled out. How long did med and security clearance take for you? I still haven’t scheduled them yet since I haven’t heard from DoD and I completed my two interviewers this week.

Got it thank you I will reach out soon then once I get that filled out. How long did med and security clearance take for you? I still haven’t scheduled them yet since I haven’t heard from DoD and I completed my two interviewers this week.
No problem! Just making sure I understood-- so you had your interviews this week but haven't scheduled your medical exams yet? If so, you might want to contact the commissioning coordinator (and/or maybe counselor?) about that, IIRC I think we're supposed to get the DoDMERB link within 2 weeks of confirming the interview and then schedule the physical before the first interview. Hopefully they can help you sort it out soon!

And tbh not sure how long security clearance took, I wasn't formally notified. Another applicant said we can contact Mr. Carrington to confirm security clearance, so I gave him a call about a month after my interview - he said I had gotten interim clearance and that they would continue the full clearance process if I received an unconditional acceptance. At that point in time, I still wasn't medically cleared. So then for medical, it took about 2.5 weeks after my physical to be medically qualified - then I emailed my admissions counselor and got the unconditional A a little over a week later.

did your interviewers reach out to schedule it week of?
Yep both of mine did. If you don’t hear from them yet by Thursday of the week you are scheduled I think you can reach to your admissions counselor.

Members don't see this ad :)
(Not related to the USUHS) If there's anyone on this thread who has information or interested in the Space Force, please DM me!

Pre interview hold ten days ago. Anyone had a similar positon and can drop some advice?

Applied later in the cycle (complete end of Oct). Also as of ten days ago got my first interview invite from another school

What is the dress code for the post-interview visit?
From an email 2 weeks prior to the visit: “
Professional business attire is most appropriate. A suit or skirt/pants with jacket, and simple shoes would be sufficient. Avoid loud or multiple colors. Keep accessories to a minimum; makeup and fragrances should be moderate. Military persons (i.e. ROTC, Academy, active duty and reservists) are strongly encouraged to wear their dress uniforms, (AF-Service Dress, A-Class A, and N-Service Dress Blues). If guests will accompany you, it is advisable that they dress in business casual attire. There will be quite a bit of walking. It is advised that you wear or bring comfortable walking shoes.”

2 questions: I'm seeing a lot of people getting waitlisted; does that mean that everyone who interviews now would at best be placed on the waitlist or are there still seats available?
My interviewers also already reached out to me about our interview later this week and DodMERB still haven't sent me anything - who do I reach out to about that? We are supposed to have scheduled the physical exam prior to our interviews yeah?

2 questions: I'm seeing a lot of people getting waitlisted; does that mean that everyone who interviews now would at best be placed on the waitlist or are there still seats available?
My interviewers also already reached out to me about our interview later this week and DodMERB still haven't sent me anything - who do I reach out to about that? We are supposed to have scheduled the physical exam prior to our interviews yeah?
Don't know the answer to the first one but for the second I'm pretty sure that the physical just has to be completed within 30 days of your interview. I did my interviews without having it scheduled. I'd reach out to your admissions advisor to get the DodMERB thing sorted, but don't stress about it just focus on your interviews you'll crush it!

• Care
Has anybody gotten anything (II or R) after getting the application hold email? Still holding out hope for my top choice!!

question: when do we do that 2 mile run + sit ups + pushups test? is that part of the physical?

Have been on a Pre-II hold. Was told today that the interview cycle has closed. Good luck everyone!

I recently got an email from a MS1 student that was assigned to be my host, which got me really confused. Because the only information that is close to what happened to me is on the Sponsor Form, which says "Upon acceptance to USU, members of the incoming class are individually matched with members of the current freshman class." I would not be confused if I was accepted, but I have not heard back from the school since my interview.

I am not sure what to make of it. I cannot find any information on this hosting and matching me with MS1 student thing apart from what is on the Sponsor Form. I am not sure if I am thinking too much, but it also doesn't make sense for the USU to assign MS1 students to host every single applicant regardless of acceptance or not after interview.

Like am I supposed to get this email? And did anyone else get similar emails before decision?

Last edited:
I recently got an email from a MS1 student that was assigned to be my host, which got me really confused. Because the only information that is close to what happened to me is on the Sponsor Form, which says "Upon acceptance to USU, members of the incoming class are individually matched with members of the current freshman class." I would not be confused if I was accepted, but I have not heard back from the school since my interview.

I am not sure what to make of it. I cannot find any information on this hosting and matching me with MS1 student thing apart from what is on the Sponsor Form. I am not sure if I am thinking too much, but it also doesn't make sense for the USU to assign MS1 students to host every single applicant regardless of acceptance or not after interview.

Like am I supposed to get this email? And did anyone else get similar emails before decision?
thats interesting, i was accepted back in november and havent received an email like that

I received the same email as well. I am a post-II applicant (II in early January) and I received the host email last week and met with a MS1 this past weekend via zoom. It was just a typical Q&A situation where I could ask questions about USUHS and the student would share information regarding their experiences and such. I will say my MS1 mentioned that they usually did the "host" program meetings with applicants prior to an interview and they were surprised that mine was after my interview. Otherwise, it was quite similar to other Q&A sessions I've had with students at other med schools during the application process.

hey! accepted back in December and haven't received anything like that yet

how did you find out you were pre-II hold?
My hold email came at the end of November, probably because the original email after secondary submission said that if we didn't hear anything by December-January we could email admissions to inquire about our status. After that email I didn't hear anything until I sent a grade update for my master's program in January, but I finally got my rejection email today! Lol

Anyone know if we can take vacation in between officer training school and when we have to report back on August 1st?

Hey everyone! I am a current 4th year looking for someone to rent my place to at USUHS! It’s about 12 min north of the school, a 2 bed 2 bath and I’d love to rent it to usuhs students. Way below your combined BAH that you’d be allotted so you can pocket a lot of the money and it is fully furnished. Shoot me a message if you are interested!

Reactions: 2 users