2023-2024 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get info on the student led sessions they mentioned in the interview invite email? I got the interview day info one but haven’t heard anything about the student session. Just want to make sure I didn’t miss anything!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone get info on the student led sessions they mentioned in the interview invite email? I got the interview day info one but haven’t heard anything about the student session. Just want to make sure I didn’t miss anything!
I haven’t heard anything about it either any my interview is soon.

I emailed the gmail they provided but I haven’t gotten a response

I haven’t heard anything about it either any my interview is soon.

I emailed the gmail they provided but I haven’t gotten a response
Kk maybe they’ll do it soon then. I sent an email today as well so I’ll lyk if they respond!

Members don't see this ad :)
Kk maybe they’ll do it soon then. I sent an email today as well so I’ll lyk if they respond!
Just got an email from them saying the ambassador meeting is next Tuesday the 12

For anyone who has done this, should we dress formally? This says it’s a relaxed presentation so I’m not sure but I don’t wanna mess up.

Just got an email from them saying the ambassador meeting is next Tuesday the 12

For anyone who has done this, should we dress formally? This says it’s a relaxed presentation so I’m not sure but I don’t wanna mess up.
I'm not planning on it, it's informal with student reps

If you have a sub 498 MCAT, a subsection lower than 123, or a sub 3.0 gpa, you get screened out of the applicant pool. Otherwise, I'd email them. I submitted 6/3 but I got my secondary on July 7
I didn't get screened even with my 2.6 uGg GPA tho

IS II just now. Submitted 9/3

I never got info about a student session? My interview isn’t till October 11 should I be concerned or will there be more?

I never got info about a student session? My interview isn’t till October 11 should I be concerned or will there be more?
From the interview portal: "Please keep an eye out for an email from us (rwjmsambassadors) regarding sign-ups for the upcoming information sessions. We will add more spring sessions, but want to share the tentative dates for evening sessions: 9/12, 10/10, 10/31, 12/5, 1/9. Our email will share the exact date and time for the session prior to your interview."

Members don't see this ad :)
Just finished MMI, I wanna die

That rhymed

Reactions: 1 users
Omg was it that bad 😭
Lol no I just feel like I didn’t do that well which sucks bc this is my top choice school.

I hope the interviewers were understanding though

Only thing to do now is wait till December 😭

Anybody going to tomorrow's info session? What are you planning on wearing? I don't want to wear a suit to lab unless necessary, lol

Anybody going to tomorrow's info session? What are you planning on wearing? I don't want to wear a suit to lab unless necessary, lol
Where did you get the info for the information session to register

I was planning on just a business casual shirt not a full blown suit

I’m just wearing something casual. It seems more relaxed based from the email.

Where did you get the info for the information session to register
They reach out to you via email. When is your interview scheduled? They may have just not gotten to you yet

Where did you get the info for the i
They reach out to you via email. When is your interview scheduled? They may have just not gotten to you yet
oh it’s only given out to those who have a interview invite

II! Submitted 9/14. Earliest interview 12/4

IS interview received 10/10/23, so excited and will be interviewing on 12/8

IS II, received 10/24, complete 8/1. Earliest available interview dates: 12/4 and 12/8

Reactions: 2 users
For anyone who interviewed at RWJ, is the pre-mmi info session mandatory? I have work that day and told my manager about it however I said I would work until 2:30pm because I scheduled my official interview for 3:40pm. I just noticed in the email that the pre-mmi information session is from 12-12:30pm. I could do it during my lunch break, but I don’t know if I need formal wear. I also don't want to be rushing around to fit it in so I'm wondering if I should just ask for the whole day off instead.

For anyone who interviewed at RWJ, is the pre-mmi info session mandatory? I have work that day and told my manager about it however I said I would work until 2:30pm because I scheduled my official interview for 3:40pm. I just noticed in the email that the pre-mmi information session is from 12-12:30pm. I could do it during my lunch break, but I don’t know if I need formal wear. I also don't want to be rushing around to fit it in so I'm wondering if I should just ask for the whole day off instead.
I did not do the info session yet but maybe take the whole day off just in case imo

better safe than sorry

Appeal to school-specific thread: Rutgers RWJSOM required an SJT for the 2023-2024 cycle. Anyone else who previously took Casper is also encouraged to answer the survey!

Complete the 2023 Situational Judgment Test Experience survey.

HPSA/SDN has the 2023 SJT Experience Survey available to anyone preparing for SJTs (especially Casper and PREview). If you completed the 2022 survey, you are welcome to go ahead and complete the survey again. This survey consists of multiple pages and will take up to 10 minutes. You can also place yourself on a waitlist for a study focusing more on school-run SJTs run through platforms like Kira Talent, to be released later in the year.

Your feedback matters!
We learned a lot about how applicants prepared for Casper and PREview last year, but the number of PREview schools has almost doubled this cycle! Over 20% of all AMCAS applicants will likely have taken PREview, and up to 90% of all medical school applicants will likely have taken Casper this cycle (according to Acuity Insights). This does not include applicants in non-medical professions who have had to take these assessments for admission to physician assistant, anesthesiology assistant, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, or physical therapy programs, where we see a trend that applicants with higher Casper results are preferred. Medical residency applicants are also being asked to complete Acuity Insights Assessments, and very little is known about how program directors use these data. Your responses are vital to get objective insights on how admissions committees value the results of these exams.

Your feedback matters!
We want to hear from as many people as possible, especially those attending or applying outside of medicine (MD/DO). This year saw an expansion of SJTs in admissions, and more information has been made available on preparing for these assessments. We want to stay current with these trends to guide future applicants and students facing these SJTs.

Many of our findings from the 2022 survey align with the NAAHP Testing Task Force report released last summer. This includes concerns about proctoring, consistency of scoring, and concern that applicants are paying for validity research. But we need more student voices to gain a louder voice to advocate for future health professional school applicants.

Your feedback has helped HPSA develop a workshop focused on preparing for SJTs like Casper and PREview. This workshop is part of our Becoming a Student Doctor preparation course, and we have already had some positive results among those who have participated in our mock interview workshops. An updated workshop will be presented at the UC Davis Prehealth Conference on October 14, and we welcome opportunities to present the full-length SJT workshop to your campus!

Fill out this survey and help future applicants become physicians in their chosen profession!

Last edited:
Does Rutgers RWJ accept update letters?
Wanted to know this as well, have any of you guys sent in any updates? I had a very early interview and don't want them to forget about me lmaoo

Wanted to know this as well, have any of you guys sent in any updates? I had a very early interview and don't want them to forget about me lmaoo
I don't think I've seen anything written down about their update policy.

Closest I have is from a podcast with their Assistant Dean of Admissions. Around an hour and 11 minutes in, she says that letters of interest are valued after getting into their high priority waitlist (either in Dec or Apr).

Solid podcast for those who haven't interviewed yet!

I don't think I've seen anything written down about their update policy.

Closest I have is from a podcast with their Assistant Dean of Admissions. Around an hour and 11 minutes in, she says that letters of interest are valued after getting into their high priority waitlist (either in Dec or Apr).

Solid podcast for those who haven't interviewed yet!
So basically, unless we are on their HPWL, we shouldnt send in letters right?

So any action on here. Haven’t really seen any movement since early this month and even then just a little

Does anyone know when in Dec they're planning to roll out the first wave of post interview decisions?