2023-2024 NYU (Grossman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In the email with instructions to complete the secondary it says to use a text editor to copy/paste. If I didn’t use a text editor is that bad?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you guys been able to schedule it yet?

Question about interviews; was anyone elses earliest interview available in October? The website said interview season from sept-december, so Im guessing you are considered lower priority if you cant schedule an interview in September possibly, or am I tripping.
Ah okay, I realize I just didn't navigate far enough into the future. The email said we should schedule an interview for the next two weeks, so I thought there was an error when nothing was available.

Members don't see this ad :)
found II in my spam! complete 7/9 and only dates I have are late october/november

NO F*CKING WAY II 11:33 EST. WAS LITERALLY SHAKING FOR MINUTES AFTER READING THAT ****. NOT OUT OF THE WOODS YET BUT TOP CHOICE FOR OBVIOUS REASONS!!! 7/14 complete date
bahahaha I related to this so hard opened the forum this morning before my email and immediately opened my inbox to see only a masters program advertisement from nyu — BUT ITS GO TIME BABY

Reactions: 1 user
Ah okay, I realize I just didn't navigate far enough into the future. The email said we should schedule an interview for the next two weeks, so I thought there was an error when nothing was available.
So you scheduled one for October right? Cause that was also the first dates available for me lol. Didn't see anything in September.

So you scheduled one for October right? Cause that was also the first dates available for me lol. Didn't see anything in September.
Yea I just scheduled for October. I guess that means they filled up all the interview slots for September by the time they reviewed us.

Although does anyone have interview slots in the first two weeks of Sept?

Given there was about 25 applicants per session last year, it looks like they’ve already sent more than 150-200 IIs

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Do y'all think there's any shot of getting an II if we missed this wave? :cryi: not really sure how they got about handing out interviews based off of previous years threads

• Care
Do y'all think there's any shot of getting an II if we missed this wave? :cryi: not really sure how they got about handing out interviews based off of previous years threads
everyone in this thread that i've seen wth II's have had at least 524's on MCATs, maybe they just set a filter for applicants above that threshold for the first wave? just spitballing but only 1/5 of II's have been sent per the comment above! its only the beginning of a very long cycle don't lose hope after one day

I managed to snag one on 9/13 this morning at 10ish am cst. There were a bunch of spots open then in September
what were the dates you saw? Im lowk getting anxiety that my earliest date was 10/03. Why make me wait an extra month when there are seats and most ppl dont even have interviews yet 😭

Members don't see this ad :)
what were the dates you saw? Im lowk getting anxiety that my earliest date was 10/03. Why make me wait an extra month when there are seats and most ppl dont even have interviews yet 😭
I think they allow people to schedule only within a given period of two weeks. It probably just so happened that our period was the one in October. Others probably had in September but wouldn't have seen the seats for October. Maybe? idk

Could it also be that they're reserving a few of the earlier spots for the next wave of II's?

When did you submit? I was complete 7/19 and am hoping to catch the next wave, considering the latest I saw for this wave was complete 7/17

When did you submit? I was complete 7/19 and am hoping to catch the next wave, considering the latest I saw for this wave was complete 7/17
My secondary was received 7/10 and completed by 7/18. I'm sure they are still reviewing, however!

I was complete 7/9 :( I have pretty good stats so it feels like maybe it's just my application as a whole rather than a stats thing, which sux

• Care
Could it also be that they're reserving a few of the earlier spots for the next wave of II's?
Yea maybe, but that makes no sense unless ppl in October are considered "lower priority". Because if we were invited to interviews earlier, wouldn't it make more sense for us to have an earlier interview date?

everyone in this thread that i've seen wth II's have had at least 524's on MCATs, maybe they just set a filter for applicants above that threshold for the first wave? just spitballing but only 1/5 of II's have been sent per the comment above! its only the beginning of a very long cycle don't lose hope after one day

A couple of people had an LM of 77. So their MCAT was near 520, assuming a GPA of 4.0

I got a 523 and haven't heard anything...nursing the likely soft-rejection by telling myself at least that’s one less MMI, lol

• Care
Do you guys think submitting updates and document uploads pushes us back in the review pile? 525 and complete 7/5 here but I submitted a new document like an hour before the first IIs went out.

• Care
Do you guys think submitting updates and document uploads pushes us back in the review pile? 525 and complete 7/5 here but I submitted a new document like an hour before the first IIs went out.
Interesting question. I would assume it wouldn't? Not the same situation exactly but I had to reupload some LORs for WashU and they rechecked my application for completion within a few days. Doubt that would have been the case if they starting going through all the other thousands of apps they receive.

May be like AMCAS too where you can add LORs and stuff after submitting and it doesn't affect your processing time.

Can always email them to be sure.

Interesting question. I would assume it wouldn't? Not the same situation exactly but I had to reupload some LORs for WashU and they rechecked my application for completion within a few days. Doubt that would have been the case if they starting going through all the other thousands of apps they receive.

May be like AMCAS too where you can add LORs and stuff after submitting and it doesn't affect your processing time.

Can always email them to be sure.
Makes sense! Agreed 💯

This is an interesting theory, I updated my resume a couple of weeks after being complete too. I highly doubt it that it would place our applications back at the bottom of the pile, but still gonna cope regardless

This is an interesting theory, I updated my resume a couple of weeks after being complete too. I highly doubt it that it would place our applications back at the bottom of the pile, but still gonna cope regardless
Yeah not at the bottom but more like let's check what the document is before taking any action which could take a day or two etc

I got a 523 and haven't heard anything...nursing the likely soft-rejection by telling myself at least that’s one less MMI, lol
525 and it hurts even more to see all the high stat applicants getting IIs. Like, I knew my app wasn't amazing but ouch

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
while it does hurt, we also gotta remind ourselves that this is grossman like the bar can't get much higher

I "just" have a 520, but it's only August! Still so much time.

• Care
Everyone gets the secondary… they don’t have a screening process
I think they were referring to hearing nothing about interviews, hence why they said it’s one less MMI

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone have an idea when the next round of II’s will drop? Trying to keep my head up lol

Anyone have an idea when the next round of II’s will drop? Trying to keep my head up lol
No clue, but may be worth looking at past years threads to see how far apart waves of II’s were.

For my CV, is it okay to include a poster presentation I'll be doing in nov & a manuscript that was accepted for publication in the next edition of a journal? Don't want to put something I shouldn't.

For my CV, is it okay to include a poster presentation I'll be doing in nov & a manuscript that was accepted for publication in the next edition of a journal? Don't want to put something I shouldn't.
Yes you can include future stuff in CV (assuming everything is accepted) though it's generally advised to put them under a separate heading such as "Future Presentations and Publications" so it doesn't look like you're trying to fluff up what you already have. At least, that is what I did.

I like to add some brackets and put in the day you're expecting to see everything published so it's clear that it is in the future

I think itll prolly be next week tbh
According to Cycle Track last year the 2nd wave hit at the end of August on the 28th, about 3 weeks after the first wave. After that every consecutive wave was ~a month apart. Based off that, I think next wave prob won't be until end of this month sadly.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Do yall think that building a computer with my summer income is a good non-academic accomplishment? Or for the difficulty of remaining respectful, would a brief interaction with a patient with differing views be good? For both, I can go much more in depth, of course.

Do yall think that building a computer with my summer income is a good non-academic accomplishment? Or for the difficulty of remaining respectful, would a brief interaction with a patient with differing views be good? For both, I can go much more in depth, of course.
I really like the patient interaction one! Cool way to frame the question