2023-2024 NYU (Grossman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any other verified applicants not receive a secondary yet? I’m sure it’s probably just them getting things out in batches slowly, but I haven’t seen anyone else mention not receiving them and wanted to make sure my email wasn’t being weird since that’s happened before.
I have been verified since 6/1 and haven't received a secondary yet either!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Here's a question: so, there's a couple secondary questions without a word requirement, e.g.:
If you have taken any time off from your studies, either during or after college, please describe what you have done during this time and your reasons for doing so.

Not being an adcom, I can think of 2 ways to interpret this:
(1) Less is more. They read lots of apps. This is a chance to show cogency.
(2) Show us something heartfelt, tell us a story/go into detail.

Anyone able to weigh in on either interpretation? And, if possible, your basis for the opinion (adcom, affiliate, past experience, etc.)

Thanks!
I also have been thinking about point 1 but I'm not sure if adcoms think about it this way (unless your essay is clearly wordy for the sake of being wordy)

Members don't see this ad :)
The gap year essay asks what we have been doing since graduating college.. I graduated in May, should I talk about what I plan to do in my gap year or what I have been doing (besides applying to medical school) since May?

Would anyone be willing to share which of the 3 prompts you're responding to and why?

1. The most meaningful achievements are often non-academic in nature. Describe the personal accomplishment that makes you most proud. Why is this important to you?

2. Conflicts arise daily from differences in perspectives, priorities, worldviews and traditions. How do you define respect? Describe a situation in which you found it challenging to remain respectful while facing differences?

3. Describe a situation in which working with a colleague, family member or friend has been challenging. How did you resolve, if at all, the situation as a team and what did you gain from the experience that will benefit you as a future health care provider?
so i wanted to write about my brother with a less common subtype of autism here and how i learned to be a better sister to him rather than just a third parent (since i'm eight years older than him). i was going to write for 3, but i feel like because it's a bit larger scale than just a situation - so i might put it under 1. any thoughts on if that would be appropriate?

so i wanted to write about my brother with a less common subtype of autism here and how i learned to be a better sister to him rather than just a third parent (since i'm eight years older than him). i was going to write for 3, but i feel like because it's a bit larger scale than just a situation - so i might put it under 1. any thoughts on if that would be appropriate?
What a crazy coincidence. My brother also has autism - I wrote about him in my personal statement though so decided against writing about him again for this prompt. To answer your question, I agree using that topic for #1 would fit better than #3! Maybe you could orient it around your sense of accomplishment about how being a better sister to him has helped him and what you've learned about yourself in the process? That would be a great essay in my opinion!

Just got an II!!! Cannot believe this one I checked my email 3 times

Reactions: 8 users
In shock - OOS II, LM 76.50, complete 7/17. Also, not my real name!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My neuroticism right now: 📈

Reactions: 5 users
II 520/4.0 (77 LM) wowowoowow

Reactions: 3 users
did anyone who received II have a status change on portal that application was under review or does it just say "application is ready"?

NO F*CKING WAY II 11:33 EST. WAS LITERALLY SHAKING FOR MINUTES AFTER READING THAT ****. NOT OUT OF THE WOODS YET BUT TOP CHOICE FOR OBVIOUS REASONS!!! 7/14 complete date

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
For those invited, were you able to set a date yet? I'm unfortunately not able to see one just quite yet haha

NO F*CKING WAY II 11:33 EST. WAS LITERALLY SHAKING FOR MINUTES AFTER READING THAT ****. NOT OUT OF THE WOODS YET BUT TOP CHOICE FOR OBVIOUS REASONS!!! 7/14 complete date
Let’s gooooo knew your time would come

NYU also offers a little over 1,000 interviews and it's still so early--ik it's anxiety-inducing but nothing to do but wait!

Reactions: 1 users
y'all LM 80+ folks need to chill out a bit it is literally July, most IIs aren't even sent out until Aug-November

like i promise we will be fine please find a hobby

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Congrats to everyone who got an interview so far! Seems like they are mostly handing out LM 80+ II's right now

WWWWWW, now I'm just hopin I can join y'all

Reactions: 3 users
+1 OOS II!!! I'm stunned. Congratulations to everyone who received it today as well :D
(Also are others having an issue with the scheduling calendar?)

Oof, I just realized I submitted way more than their 2 letter requirement. Did anyone else do this?

Oof, I just realized I submitted way more than their 2 letter requirement. Did anyone else do this?
Yes, but I think two is the minimum. I remember reading that eight was the maximum somewhere?

Question about interviews; was anyone elses earliest interview available in October? The website said interview season from sept-december, so Im guessing you are considered lower priority if you cant schedule an interview in September possibly, or am I tripping.

Is anyone else with an II still unable to schedule an interview?

Congrats homie!!

Question about interviews; was anyone elses earliest interview available in October? The website said interview season from sept-december, so Im guessing you are considered lower priority if you cant schedule an interview in September possibly, or am I tripping.
My options were all in the last two weeks of September. Not sure it says anything about priority. Could just be that your app got reviewed slightly later or however they sort the order in which II’s go out, yours was sent a few hours after other people and by that time the September slots had filled up.

Yes but I also scheduled a bit later (around 2PM Central)

Is anyone else with an II still unable to schedule an interview?
I had a similar problem but realize I actually didn't press "submit" for one of the technical pages. Make sure you didn't just complete it, but pressed submit!