2023-2024 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the next COA meeting going to be the last one? I am on DD now so does that mean after that meeting I’ll either get the A or waitlist? Or could I get DD again?
It says DDs are reviewed each month until April 30 on their website. So I guess it’s possible to get another DD on 4/19 and then that DD will just turn into wait list on 4/30? Can anyone confirm?

Members don't see this ad.

It says DDs are reviewed each month until April 30 on their website. So I guess it’s possible to get another DD on 4/19 and then that DD will just turn into wait list on 4/30? Can anyone confirm?

Yes, DDs are reviewed monthly until end of April. When CTE is (looks like April 30), DDs will either be offered acceptance or placed on waitlist. With that being said, acceptances aren’t typically offered on April 30. It takes a few days for the numbers to come in and be reviewed.

All pre-II and post-II R are typically released once the class is set in late June/early July.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted in-state last Friday. When should I expect to hear about the campus assignment?

For those who got accepted and placed at their first choice campus, did you write anything to support your choice? I don't really have anything new to add but am curious if writing at least something would help my case.
I wrote 2 sentences about my interest in one of the SCPs on that campus. Not sure if it helped or not though.

For people who went from DD to A…did you send updates/interest letters in between?

Members don't see this ad :)
Still stuck in DD, no updates on status since late November when I was put on it. Called the admissions office and they were unsure if all the updates from DD to A were already put in. Are other applicants in a similar situation?

Still stuck in DD, no updates on status since late November when I was put on it. Called the admissions office and they were unsure if all the updates from DD to A were already put in. Are other applicants in a similar situation?
I have received no further communication since being put on DD in October from this school. Can you explain further what you mean? There is another month of review before final decisions are promised on their website.

What do you think this means for people who just got put on DD for the first time this past Friday? do we not have a chance to get off of it before being moved to waitlist?

has anyone else been able to get an email response this week? i emailed on monday but no response so far so I'm not sure if the office is closed or something. Thanks

has anyone else been able to get an email response this week? i emailed on monday but no response so far so I'm not sure if the office is closed or something. Thanks
I know that the UIC undergrad has spring break this week so I wonder if the med school does too

I got a response from financial aid, but I haven’t heard back yet from an email I sent to admissions two days ago

I called them this and last week and they said they would try to contact us if we get the A. Other than that, they said for us to wait. I don't know how long that is though

I called them this and last week and they said they would try to contact us if we get the A. Other than that, they said for us to wait. I don't know how long that is though
Wdym? Won’t the next day of decisions just be April 19th?

Will be withdrawing my OOS A to Peoria by tomorrow. Best of luck to those waiting on a decision. I hope one of you gets it. <3

Reactions: 3 users
Figured, it's just a bit "funny". I wonder when the hard rejections will come out.

Honestly it’s just disrespectful lol. Like if we weren’t acceptable in August then we aren’t acceptable now. Just rip off the band-aid, don’t slowly peel it off. Massive respect to University of Wisconsin lol, they let me know real quick that I wasn’t in the running.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know when financial aid/scholarship info is set to be released?

I've been on a Pre-II hold since december. This is a soft-R, right?

Honestly it’s just disrespectful lol. Like if we weren’t acceptable in August then we aren’t acceptable now. Just rip off the band-aid, don’t slowly peel it off. Massive respect to University of Wisconsin lol, they let me know real quick that I wasn’t in the running.
Agreed 100%. Still haven't heard anything. If I remember correctly they also took a while to send out secondaries. I'm going to send another email asking about interview dates, because why not.

In the wise words of an unknown person: "it is what it is".

Email from admissions:

Thank you for your email. Our interviews for the 2023-2024, have concluded. Please continue to check your application portal regularly for any updates, as final decisions will be sent out in the next few weeks. We appreciate your patience.

All the best,

UICOM ADMISSIONS TEAM

Email from admissions:

Thank you for your email. Our interviews for the 2023-2024, have concluded. Please continue to check your application portal regularly for any updates, as final decisions will be sent out in the next few weeks. We appreciate your patience.

All the best,

UICOM ADMISSIONS TEAM

Man this school is so obsessed with their portal when it’s legitimately useless. Even when we know for a fact we’re cooked, they want us to refresh that damn portal. When I’d call throughout the process to ask them for updates, they’d emphasize checking the portal even though they don’t update applicants on how their process is going the way schools who actually utilize the portal do. If every update is coming through email, and you’re not posting any updates or rejections in a timely fashion, what are we even checking for? Seriously strange system man ngl to y’all

Did people on delayed decision post-interview receive that email about interviews concluding? I did not.

It talks about receiving final decisions and gives clues as to when we would expect to hear final decisions. The knowledge that they are done interviewing is an indication as to where they are at there end. To answer you condescending question, yes it makes sense to send that to all applicants except those that have been accepted.
Agreed, if anything it makes sense to only send to people who are post-II but not received a decision yet. Telling people who have not received an interview yet to keep checking their portal despite interviews being over, does not make sense. The fact that interviews are over means if you didn’t get one then you’re not going to. To me, for post II people it is suggesting that the next coa meeting will be the last and final decisions will be made then.

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed, if anything it makes sense to only send to people who are post-II but not received a decision yet. Telling people who have not received an interview yet to keep checking their portal despite interviews being over, does not make sense. The fact that interviews are over means if you didn’t get one then you’re not going to. To me, for post II people it is suggesting that the next coa meeting will be the last and final decisions will be made then.
Bingo