2023-2024 Carle-Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone who’s not an engineering/CS/math major get in?

Members don't see this ad :)
God Bless y’all both. Carle a dream. I’m wondering how much they get out of the MEDI classes. How in-depth is it yk

Reactions: 1 user
So your name is Zeus. But on a real note, what career outcome you seeing for yourself brosephus? How likely is Carle to be the one for you?
I know this is gunna sound overplayed but I always tell myself that the job I’m shooting for doesn’t exist yet. I wanna change healthcare for the better and to do that I’ll need to leverage engineering, medicine, and business

This has been my dream school for the past 5 years and I took time off to really try and understand the other fields I’d wanna collaborate with.

I know this is gunna sound overplayed but I always tell myself that the job I’m shooting for doesn’t exist yet. I wanna change healthcare for the better and to do that I’ll need to leverage engineering, medicine, and business

This has been my dream school for the past 5 years and I took time off to really try and understand the other fields I’d wanna collaborate with.
Absolutely love that. I didn’t even know about Carle until 2 years ago but wow, the utility to engineering is bonkers. Fair to say you’re goin to Carle no matter what? Or you deciding between it and another school?

I’m still on my number ones WL so if I get that before May 15th then I’ll be going there, but otherwise it’s to Illinois

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like there’ll be some Arab aqwat at Carle. Love to see it. Only more reason to want it. @asparagus_liker has been awfully quiet. You thuggin it out fam? It takes two ppl for sarcasm to work. Feel like my stand up comedy ain’t gettin that many claps

Sad Kacey Musgraves GIF by Cuco

• Care
Guys.....asparagus fell off the face of the earth....I actually am sad

• Sad
Turns out his account got deleted. We must organize a funeral for our fallen soldier.
Maybe his mission was accomplished. He got into Carle. I hope we didn't lose him 🥲

Korean Drama Crying GIF by Netflix K-Content

Roughly 30 people have joined the GroupMe in the last week for anyone wondering. I tried to count it but I lost count cuz of the ppl leaving and joining 😭

Ayo @2023applicantxd , ik you had talked abt TX tuition earlier being a reason you'd rather be in TX. Is it pretty much just the money or any other perks you see in TX?

Anyone know what the cost of attendance is at Carle? I'm having trouble finding a breakdown or any real #s outside of MSAR

Withdrawing my A from Carle today. I think everyone here knows how special and one of a kind Carle is. I fell in love with this school last cycle, lost many many nights of sleep waiting to hear back, and when I got rejected I knew that I would literally do ANYTHING to get in and attend Carle this time around. This was a tough decision and I’m v torn bc Carle has qualities that almost no other medical school has.

Thank you Carle for showing me my purpose in medicine, that being a physician-innovator isn’t too wild and there’s a whole community passionate about and dedicated to doing this, and that there are no boundaries to medicine + innovation. I know there’s a lot of you who love this school as well and are still waiting, and I really hope this spot goes to one of you! Keep doing amazing creative cool things like y’all are meant to do!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Withdrawing my A from Carle today. I think everyone here knows how special and one of a kind Carle is. I fell in love with this school last cycle, lost many many nights of sleep waiting to hear back, and when I got rejected I knew that I would literally do ANYTHING to get in and attend Carle this time around. This was a tough decision and I’m v torn bc Carle has qualities that almost no other medical school has.

Thank you Carle for showing me my purpose in medicine, that being a physician-innovator isn’t too wild and there’s a whole community passionate about and dedicated to doing this, and that there are no boundaries to medicine + innovation. I know there’s a lot of you who love this school as well and are still waiting, and I really hope this spot goes to one of you! Keep doing amazing creative cool things like y’all are meant to do!
Don't get me cryin gangsta tears

Anyone know what the cost of attendance is at Carle? I'm having trouble finding a breakdown or any real #s outside of MSAR
Bump, I'm tryna find out before the deadline hits. Any help to a poor brotha is appreciated

• Care
I found that link too. I thought it wasn't accurate bc it asked for credits, when the tuition at Carle is done regardless of credits - or, I should say that everyone's gonna pay the same tuition. But after trying it again, it does give the same tuition no matter how many credits you input. Thanks @purploop for sharing! Really appreciate it
This is what I got:
Total Tuition: $47,396.00
Total Fees: $5,394.00
Total Additional Expenses: $19,790.00

Total: $72,580.00

This is what I got:
Total Tuition: $47,396.00
Total Fees: $5,394.00
Total Additional Expenses: $19,790.00

Total: $72,580.00

Yes, this is accurate for the Fall/Spring semesters, but Carle also requires Summer semesters. That’s why you have to file for 2023-2024 FAFSA and 2024-2025 FAFSA. For me (OOS) it’s an extra $25.3k per Summer semester, so the annual COA is ~$100k.

The 3 Summer semesters at $25.3k, plus the 4 Fall/Spring semesters at $72.6k, is ~$366k total COA.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, this is accurate for the Fall/Spring semesters, but Carle also requires Summer semesters. That’s why you have to file for 2023-2024 FAFSA and 2024-2025 FAFSA. For me (OOS) it’s an extra $25.3k per Summer semester, so the annual COA is ~$100k.

The 3 Summer semesters at $25.3k, plus the 4 Fall/Spring semesters at $72.6k, is ~$366k total COA.
Thank you, this was very informative. I was very confused about why we needed to fill out 23/24 fafsa. I have a tuition scholarship but I’m trying to figure out how much the non-tuition expenses are. So is the $25.3k just for summer tuition or does that include fees and living expenses?

Thank you, this was very informative. I was very confused about why we needed to fill out 23/24 fafsa. I have a tuition scholarship but I’m trying to figure out how much the non-tuition expenses are. So is the $25.3k just for summer tuition or does that include fees and living expenses?
Consider that the cost for a fall/spring semester is $23.6k, it might include fees/expenses. I guess that would make for a total of $25-30k in fees/living per year based on the numbers you gave per year earlier

Anyone happen to know how many students are in Carle's 2024 class?

Anyone happen to know how many students are in Carle's 2024 class?
Total I think they’ve said they won’t take more than 64 students. Atm there are 93 ppl in the group me but a chunk r current students there to answer questions. I think Carle said they don’t accept any ppl off the waitlist unless a current acceptance declines. The CTE deadline for Carle is this Wednesday tho so I bet there will be some last movement then.

Total I think they’ve said they won’t take more than 64 students. Atm there are 93 ppl in the group me but a chunk r current students there to answer questions. I think Carle said they don’t accept any ppl off the waitlist unless a current acceptance declines. The CTE deadline for Carle is this Wednesday tho so I bet there will be some last movement then.
I mean the graduating class of 2024 at Carle, the ones that just matched

Should we expect to see some movement tomorrow or later on this week? Not sure if the CTE deadline is in the middle of the day or at 11:59pm or something.

Should we expect to see some movement tomorrow or later on this week? Not sure if the CTE deadline is in the middle of the day or at 11:59pm or something.

Deadline is Wednesday night at 11:59, so I’d assume some movement may start late Thursday/early Friday

A from waitlist just recently! Can't believe I'm not reapplying lol.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Me rn

Attachments

• LFG.jpg
    LFG.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: 2 users
I come with some very sad news. My loving and wonderful son, Asparagus_Liker, passed away this morning in an accident. He was accepted to Carle off the waitlist and <redacted> so hard he blasted himself backwards through the wall and was tragically killed in the ensuing building demolition. As he lay dying his last wish was to say that each and every one of the poasters on SDN Carle 2024 were his very best friends and that poasting with them was a privilege and a high honor.

RIP in peace Asparagus_Liker, 2024-2024
May he post carle wheezer pics and videos forever in heaven

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Can someone send me the group me link?