2023-2024 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did anyone else notice that the tracker today reads "574 interviews and 231 offers of admission" but the date seems to have not changed since January 8th?
I'm guessing CU forgot to update the date to 'Feb 5, 2024".

In past month CU admitted roughly 40 additional students. Interviews went up by 90ish.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A as well! OOS Interview 1/3. So super excited!! Waitlisted for the rural program

Reactions: 4 users
A call earlier today! IS interviewed 1/5! Anyone know how long until we get the official email?

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone who got an A know if there's going to be a second look or visit day?

Do we get a call/email about rejections and waitlists within the 4-6 week period too? Or is that only for acceptances?

does anyone who got an A know if there's going to be a second look or visit day?
There is a virtual preview day in April and may or may not be an in-person preview day in March for you February acceptees

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A phone call yesterday and an email today! OOS Interviewed 1/3

Reactions: 1 users
Does this school ghost? Completed 8/20 and just kinda waiting… I’m OOS with no ties as well

Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know for CSB if the degree says CSB or is it the same degree as for other branches?

Does anyone know for CSB if the degree says CSB or is it the same degree as for other branches?
All locations get the same degree from the school in the end. The CSB only does their LICs in the Springs. Otherwise it’s the same.

Hi! I am building a school list and looking for current M3/M4's that can speak a little bit about Colorado!

Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):

- Does Colorado have a home hospital?
- What is your preclinical grading system?
- How are students ranked?
- How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
- Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
- What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
- What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
- What is your clinical grading system?
- What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
- Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
- If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
- How much time do you have for electives?
- Do you have AOA at Colorado?

Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this :)

Hi! I am building a school list and looking for current M3/M4's that can speak a little bit about Colorado!

Specifically, I have the following questions (please feel free to answer as many as you have time for, I know it is a lot!):

- If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?

Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this :)
I’m an incoming student but I can answer the grading:

Preclinical is entirely unranked P/F, weekly quizzes on Fridays requiring 50% to pass. Exams at the end of the block requiring 70% to pass. If you fail an exam you can retake the exam and still pass the block and no one will know you failed. Current students never mentioned anyone failing a block to me.

Clinical: Afaik it is now unranked starting this year. H/HP/P/F grading with no limits on how many people can get honors as long as you meet the criteria. There is a home hospital on campus in addition to both Children’s Colorado and the Rocky Mountain VA on campus as well.

incoming student, but can answer a bit.

Clerkship sites are chosen during Dec/Jan of M1 year. You rank the sites you wish to do your clerkships in UC Hospital, Childrens of Colorado, VA etc (if you're a branch student its diff sites in ColSprings and Fort. Collins).

Clerkships are done in M2 year (yes, 1 year preclinical only) and are LIC based, which means you spend significantly longer time on core rotations and get a lot of 1 on 1, but you do them simultaneously. example. Peds every Monday, Surgery every Tuesday, Psych on Wednesdays afternoons for like 6 months or something like that. Its supposed to help build better ties to preceptors, and to follow a group of patients around through different specialties for a longitudinal amount of time.

The shortened preclinical and M2 clerkships allow for good time for elective time and research projects in M3 after steps and M4 year. (as per students when i talked to them)

Anyone else trying to set up their CU email and have no idea what their username is?
I had to call the OIT Service Desk's phone number at the bottom of the email. I would mention that you're a newly accepted applicant and after you give them your information, they should give you a Student ID number to claim your email account.

Is Colorado done interviewing? I have not gotten an R or an II or a hold yet.

Reactions: 8 users
I had to call the OIT Service Desk's phone number at the bottom of the email. I would mention that you're a newly accepted applicant and after you give them your information, they should give you a Student ID number to claim your email account.
okay thanks!

pre ii R born and raised in Colorado, home showing me no love 🫡

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users