2023-2024 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
let me know if there's issues joining

Members don't see this ad.

The introductory emails they send do a really nice job speaking to how the day will go, and the admissions team is fantastic at covering any other bases. If you have any questions on interview day, Lamar Cherry is your man. 😁
Lamar the goat! Dr. Soohoo's intro was very welcoming as well. He is very realistic about the process

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I found this sheet earlier (although it's a bit old)

Reactions: 1 users
Been complete since 7/31 is this a soft rejection?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how Colorado looks at post-interview letters of interest? Do they matter at all

Does anyone know whether Colorado is a school that just ghosts applicants? I haven't been rejected or offered an interview. I know my chances are probably slim at this point. But just wondering if I will for sure hear something at some point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my app in late ish September and haven't heard anything back yet- can anyone who also submitted around this time let me know if you guys have received any rejections or interview yet? Losing my mind looking at the numbers on their tracker go up at this point...

Submitted my app in late ish September and haven't heard anything back yet- can anyone who also submitted around this time let me know if you guys have received any rejections or interview yet? Losing my mind looking at the numbers on their tracker go up at this point...
Submitted 8/4 and haven't heard anything.

Complete 8/1 and nothing

Does anyone know whether Colorado is a school that just ghosts applicants? I haven't been rejected or offered an interview. I know my chances are probably slim at this point. But just wondering if I will for sure hear something at some point.
I looked through last year's forum and it looks like CU cranked up their rejection emails in late February as soon as they finished th last day of interviews. Not sure if that's always how they do it though

CU admissions tracker now shows 192 offers of admissions vs 184 last year.

Interviewed 485 vs 674 last year.

Would an II this late in the season be for a wait list position?

Is CU still offering admissions to newly interviewed applicants?

CU admissions tracker now shows 192 offers of admissions vs 184 last year.

Interviewed 485 vs 674 last year.

Would an II this late in the season be for a wait list position?

Is CU still offering admissions to newly interviewed applicants?
remember that schools always accept over the matriculated number, just because applicants get accepted and don't matriculate. This normal for all schools, CU accepts in the low 300s and matriculates 180ish

I've heard the group interviews are blinded. Are the individual interviews for this school are also blinded?

For interview did anyone else have non doctors interview you for the individual interview- I thought it was usually physicians or med students but it seems I have two other staff members. Did anyone else have this in their interview?

anyone know what the other dates are for admitted student days? I know there's the one in feburary but flight tickets are super expensive and idk if we know about the other dates and if we'd be allowed to go to one of those instead?

For interview did anyone else have non doctors interview you for the individual interview- I thought it was usually physicians or med students but it seems I have two other staff members. Did anyone else have this in their interview?
Mine was 1 doc and 1 non-doctor. I think the approach is trying to gauge whether you would work well within an interdisciplinary team. Although I do wish that the interviewers had more knowledge of what goes on in the institution since it made the asking questions part at the end kind of awkward.

Mine was 1 doc and 1 non-doctor. I think the approach is trying to gauge whether you would work well within an interdisciplinary team. Although I do wish that the interviewers had more knowledge of what goes on in the institution since it made the asking questions part at the end kind of awkward.
i had two doctors as my interviewers so it might just be random

Do they call and send an email on the same day if you get an A or is it a call and then an email a few days later?

Do they call and send an email on the same day if you get an A or is it a call and then an email a few days later?
Dr. SooHoo the dean of admissions calls you and then you should receive the acceptance email within an hour after the call. Your application portal will include an ‘application status’ tab then as well.

Got an IS A call while I was basically having an asthma attack at the gym (so embarrassing) and he told me I'd get an email in the next few days

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got an A call yesterday! It was my first acceptance😊 OOS, interviewed mid December

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
OOS II. Complete end of August. I did not think this school was still sending invites but I sure am glad!

According to their admissions tracker, they've sent 485 interviews and they sent over 700 last year, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. The big wave of pre-II Rs seems to be in late Feb by CycleTrack.

Super unexpected OOS II just now! Only date available 2/7

• Love
So if only 2/7 is available at this point, does it likely mean that batch was the last one for interviews this cycle?

So if only 2/7 is available at this point, does it likely mean that batch was the last one for interviews this cycle?
Someone who got an II this past wave said they didn’t have 2/7 available and got a date for 2 weeks later. I suspect this is the last round of interviews based on their tracker and prior year statistics.

According to their admissions tracker, they've sent 485 interviews and they sent over 700 last year, so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. The big wave of pre-II Rs seems to be in late Feb by CycleTrack.
did anyone else notice that the tracker today reads "574 interviews and 231 offers of admission" but the date seems to have not changed since January 8th?