2023-2024 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS Pre-II R following the other email as well :/

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Dang! Does anything show up in the portal or no? I feel like there is no spot for a status in their portal.
They replied to my email with a link to my portal that then had a letter with the R. But the portal update did not come until I emailed them

They replied to my email with a link to my portal that then had a letter with the R. But the portal update did not come until I emailed them
Interesting. Unfortunately, I bet if I email them I will be faced with the same fate.

Do you think it's worth asking for an update if I was marked complete on 8/15 and haven't heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS. Interviewed 10/24, got waitlisted, got an A this past week

Reactions: 3 users
Do RFU students just chill in the second year? what is this M2 curriculum:

The first half of M2 year is intense. You're given Neurobehavioral Health material in the summer before M2 year to pre-study because that's how dense the class is. You'll be going in about 2-4x/week for incentivized labs/case discussions, but many students have reported that this class helps tremendously with Step 1 and 2. It is, by far, the densest class that you'll have at CMS (to many, it will also be the most difficult). The second half is way more chill. MSK was by far the easiest course I've taken here. Endo is basically a deeper dive into things that we've learned before + some new stuff sprinkled in. Afterwards, you're given a 3-week Multisystems course which is just "high yield review for Step 1" and then upwards of 6/7 weeks of dedicated study time for Step 1. In M2 year, you'll also need to take at least 3 credits worth of electives (which doesn't amount to much unless you do research) and do 5 total observerships (which also isn't much).

Most will start to study for Step 1 during MSK. All students are advised to start studying after winter break.

Last edited:
When I log into my portal and click on my application, it says "Registration is no longer available because the registration deadline has passed." Does anyone else have this issue? I just wanted to check my status.

"

When I log into my portal and click on my application, it says "Registration is no longer available because the registration deadline has passed." Does anyone else have this issue? I just wanted to check my status.

"
Yeah same. Does this mean we got rejected lol.

Yeah same. Does this mean we got rejected lol.
Facts I was able to log in and clicked the secondary application and that’s what I saw but never received any email from them recently only one about the spring open house

"
I just checked and mine was normal. Maybe it was a glitch? Have you checked again? If it’s still that way, it may be worth it to reach out to confirm. Wishing you well

I just checked and mine was normal. Maybe it was a glitch? Have you checked again? If it’s still that way, it may be worth it to reach out to confirm. Wishing you well
Just checked again & I still see the "Registration is no longer available because the registration deadline has passed." Weird because on Friday, everything looked normal to me. Def means I got the R.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just checked again & I still see the "Registration is no longer available because the registration deadline has passed." Weird because on Friday, everything looked normal to me. Def means I got the R.

Or they changing it yo send an interview

+1 mines says that too. But what did it say before, I don’t think I ever clicked on it.

Thanks. Have you already interviewed/got an R or have you not heard anything back from them? Just wondering if they only changed it for certain people haha

I think we would be locked out of our entire portal if we were rejected. I just don’t think I clicked on the secondary application portion till now. It’s possible the registration was closed for everyone

I think we would be locked out of our entire portal if we were rejected. I just don’t think I clicked on the secondary application portion till now. It’s possible the registration was closed for everyone

I clicked on my secondary in the portal weeks if not months ago and it said the same thing. I haven’t been formally rejected.. yet.

Can someone who had II please share their experience here and provide any advice? Thank you!

Can someone who had II please share their experience here and provide any advice? Thank you!
RFU's MMI's were my favorite interview experience. The faculty are so incredibly nice and excited to be there. During the official interview, you do six MMI prompts with six different interviewers. With each prompt, you get one minute to silently review the questions and five minutes to answer the question. I highly recommend using the one-minute review time to jot ideas down on a piece of paper to guide your train of thought!
Most of all, if you bomb one question, don't let it get to you! You still have five whole other stations to shine at. I got an A from here and stuttered through one of the MMI stations haha. Show your confidence and excitement for the school and you'll be fine :))))) best of luck

RFU's MMI's were my favorite interview experience. The faculty are so incredibly nice and excited to be there. During the official interview, you do six MMI prompts with six different interviewers. With each prompt, you get one minute to silently review the questions and five minutes to answer the question. I highly recommend using the one-minute review time to jot ideas down on a piece of paper to guide your train of thought!
Most of all, if you bomb one question, don't let it get to you! You still have five whole other stations to shine at. I got an A from here and stuttered through one of the MMI stations haha. Show your confidence and excitement for the school and you'll be fine :))))) best of luck

Basically this- don’t yap for 5 minutes and make it into a back and forth conversation is my recommendation

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you - Very helpful!

The first half of M2 year is intense. You're given Neurobehavioral Health material in the summer before M2 year to pre-study because that's how dense the class is. You'll be going in about 2-4x/week for incentivized labs/case discussions, but many students have reported that this class helps tremendously with Step 1 and 2. It is, by far, the densest class that you'll have at CMS (to many, it will also be the most difficult). The second half is way more chill. MSK was by far the easiest course I've taken here. Endo is basically a deeper dive into things that we've learned before + some new stuff sprinkled in. Afterwards, you're given a 3-week Multisystems course which is just "high yield review for Step 1" and then upwards of 6/7 weeks of dedicated study time for Step 1. In M2 year, you'll also need to take at least 3 credits worth of electives (which doesn't amount to much unless you do research) and do 5 total observerships (which also isn't much).

Most will start to study for Step 1 during MSK. All students are advised to start studying after winter break.
Are all classes during M1 in-person? If not, how often per week did you have in-person classes/labs/discussions?

OOS. Interviewed 10/24, got waitlisted, got an A this past week
one quick question, how is waitlist presented on portal and what did it say when you were waitlisted ? How long it took them to covert that to A ? do they ask you to fill allopathic Medicine alternate list confirmation form ?. Is that means I am waitlisted ? Appreciate if anyone who is waitlisted after interview can confirm

Last edited:
OOS II last week. Rocky mountain west applicant LM 76. Seems like most schools are interviewing for wait lists at this point, anyone know if that hold true here?

I clicked on my secondary in the portal weeks if not months ago and it said the same thing. I haven’t been formally rejected.. yet.
if it makes anyone feel better I just interviewed like 2 weeks ago and I am also not able to see my secondaries bc “the registration deadline has passed”. I don’t think it means anything!

if it makes anyone feel better I just interviewed like 2 weeks ago and I am also not able to see my secondaries bc “the registration deadline has passed”. I don’t think it means anything!
Thanks, this is just so strange because no other school has prevented me from viewing my application. Super weird lol

one quick question, how is waitlist presented on portal and what did it say when you were waitlisted ? How long it took them to covert that to A ? do they ask you to fill allopathic Medicine alternate list confirmation form ?. Is that means I am waitlisted ? Appreciate if anyone who is waitlisted after interview can confirm
The alternate list confirmation form under the application checklist is the waitlist unfortunately. People are already getting pulled off so hopefully that means good news soon!

Are all classes during M1 in-person? If not, how often per week did you have in-person classes/labs/discussions?
None of your core blocks have mandatory lectures so I was rarely on campus. You'll probably be on campus 2-3x per week doing workshops/labs/discussions for your first quarter, and then about 1-2x/week by the second and third quarters.

You have the option to attend in-person lectures if it helps you more.

• Wow
Moderator note:
I removed a number of off-topic comments

Folks, please keep the thread on-topic and be kind, give each other the benefit of the doubt at a stressful time in the application cycle.

Submitted 8/30, II 11/30, interview 12/12, radio silence since then. No emails, nothing in the portal.

Any guess as to where I’m at? Silent R?

Submitted 8/30, II 11/30, interview 12/12, radio silence since then. No emails, nothing in the portal.

Any guess as to where I’m at? Silent R?
Same boat I don’t think they do silent R post II tho
Definitely don't think they do silent Rs post interview. Interviewed a week earlier than you and just got the decision yesterday. Received an email that there was a status update and then the decision was listed in the portal. Hoping you both get good news soon!!

I interviewed in mid September, got waitlisted in October but haven’t heard anything since. Anybody else in the same boat?