2023-2024 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Awww thank you gang! I truthfully didn't prepare for the interview and did it last second while on a trip for another interview! I hope someone else who needs it gets the Dub 🥰🥰🥰
I’m sure you’ll get invited to the VIP event! Come hang out with us waitlisted folk 🤭

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
haha do we think there’s more 11/15 decisions coming out today or am i the only one waiting and got ghosted

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Safe to say 11/9 is a rejection if we haven't heard back?

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I am an 11/12 in the same boat. I will prob stop holding out for hope after next week.
Likewise, 11/13 here and nothing on my end either. Agreed, I don’t think all hope is totally lost until folks who interviewed after our cohort start getting decisions. After the next wave, it’s safe to assume we’ve been ghosted imo.

Congrats to those who were accepted today!! And wishing the best of luck to folks on the WL!

Members don't see this ad :)
Likewise, 11/13 here and nothing on my end either. Agreed, I don’t think all hope is totally lost until folks who interviewed after our cohort start getting decisions. After the next wave, it’s safe to assume we’ve been ghosted imo.

Congrats to those who were accepted today!! And wishing the best of luck to folks on the WL!
11/13 also. Silence from them

Does anyone think they are willing to tell us our waitlist rank or is it a shot in the dark? ☹️

So, for those attending the VIP day tomorrow, does "Business professional dress is required" mean a suit and tie?

Is there a group me/facebook group for those admitted? If there is, can someone post the link please.

Commenting cause its VIP day and it reminded me of waiting on SDN for this stuff. If anyone has any questions to a current student, feel free to message me.

Imma be squeezing the brain stress ball till I get off waitlist

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
forgot to update yall-I withdrew post-II. It was the quickest email response from them (normally takes a week and a follow up email to hear back and it took them less than a day lol)

Best of luck!

how do we know that cusm doesnt accept letters of update/intent? I cant seem to find that info anywhere...

Has anyone from the December interviews heard anything today? Or should I wait another ~2 weeks for a 12/12 interview date?

Last edited:
Has anyone from the December interviews heard anything today? Or should I wait another ~2 weeks for a 12/12 interview date?

I interviewed 12/6 and haven’t heard back. During the engagement session today they mentioned they will be meeting weekly now to get decisions out. Also there’s apparently a March 15 deadline for all schools to send out enough As to fill their class. So decisions should be coming out more quickly now

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I'm sure my questions have already been answered before so forgive me for asking again. When do they start taking people off their waitlist? Approximately, how many people last year got off the waitlist? I went to VIP day and absolutely loved this school and all the people in it. I can't imagine going anywhere else for med school school. I got waitlisted just a few weeks after my interview mid November, does that mean I'm maybe high on the WL since they responded so quickly? Thank you for all who respond to this very stressed out individual lol!

I'm sure my questions have already been answered before so forgive me for asking again. When do they start taking people off their waitlist? Approximately, how many people last year got off the waitlist? I went to VIP day and absolutely loved this school and all the people in it. I can't imagine going anywhere else for med school school. I got waitlisted just a few weeks after my interview mid November, does that mean I'm maybe high on the WL since they responded so quickly? Thank you for all who respond to this very stressed out individual lol!
I don’t think many people can say when they move waitlist and how many they take off… that’s a hard one to really know unless you know from admin of MSAR … I would think maybe being invited was a good sign but idk

Not sure if that’s true, I’m 11/12 and somebody from the same date got a WL today. I think we just sit and wait for now
I agree I think they sent out a lot of interviews for mid-November and are still deciding. Probably worth holding out till people in December start hearing back.

Are they still conducting interviews? When are the last interviews conducted? Thank you! Just trying to figure out their timeline!

Reactions: 2 users
Are they still conducting interviews? When are the last interviews conducted? Thank you! Just trying to figure out their timeline!
I got one yesterday!!! :) I am a little worried I'm late to the game.

Last edited:
I got one yesterday!!! :) I am a little worried I'm late to the game.
Never too late! Just try to do your best on the Kira assessment, praying for all of you on the waitlist or waiting to hear back rn, my heart is with you all. <3

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Never too late! Just try to do your best on the Kira assessment, praying for all of you on the waitlist or waiting to hear back rn, my heart is with you all. <3
You are so right, thank you! it never to late for us. I'm excited for us future doctors.

Out of curiosity, how many of y'all attended the VIP event last Thursday? I had a really great time getting to know some of you, I'm genuinely hoping all of you wonderful people get the acceptance you deserve:)

I just called admissions and they said they concluded the interview process :(

• Care
Does anyone know if CUSM does another VIP day? I was not able to go to the first one