2023-2024 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone remember from previous weeks how late in the day they send emails?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have more info on giving updates? Interviewed in December and have a couple pretty significant updates that could support my application, and would also like to say I intend to commit if accepted. Has anyone sent admissions an email with this info? Or is it frowned upon since they specify they don’t take letters on the website?
No update letters, or letters of intent are accepted. They are clear about this, so if you choose to send one it would most likely not be perceived well.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if the DocuSign is legally binding? Does me submitting the deposit fee force me to go to this school (because I only have 14 days to submit) or is it still on the regular AMCAS CTE process?

If they pass your date is it assumed to be a R?
If they accept people who interviewed 2+ weeks after you, you can begin to assume so. Within one week to even 2 weeks there is likely still a good chance. 😊 It’s a little more complicated now that people interview with Kira on different days.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t know. I’m 11/12, feeling pretty disheartened. I feel like we still have hope though, at least until they move past our dates by a bit.
11/15 and I'd like to think that there's probably one more shot in the next round in 2 weeks. If not then, then yeah I'm probably finished and gotta do this whole rodeo again this summer lol

• Care
11/15 and I'd like to think that there's probably one more shot in the next round in 2 weeks. If not then, then yeah I'm probably finished and gotta do this whole rodeo again this summer lol
Same

• Care
Any chance those with acceptances from today have ties to the IE? And congratulations!!

Do y'all think early december would be in the next round of decisions?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the DocuSign is legally binding? Does me submitting the deposit fee force me to go to this school (because I only have 14 days to submit) or is it still on the regular AMCAS CTE process?
It is not.

No, It isnt a binding contract its essentially just to hold your seat as an interested student:)

They sent out the info about the VIP day to those who RSVPd! I think it might end early for waitlisted people since there’s 1 on 1s with financial aid

They sent out the info about the VIP day to those who RSVPd! I think it might end early for waitlisted people since there’s 1 on 1s with financial aid
Hey! Just out of curiosity, where did you see that 1 on 1s with financial aid would be done during the VIP day? I couldn't find it in the email:) thank you:giggle:

@Shmoof I see it in an Eventbrite email sent by admissions (Subject line: Details for CUSM VIP Day (Visit in Person)(Copy)). No idea how many students will be attending, but seeing that the "1:1 with Financial Aid" session is only 20 minutes long, I don't think this means they're meeting with each student 1-on-1, but I could be wrong.

Anyone who interviewed on 11/15 or earlier still not hear back?

Anyone who interviewed on 11/15 or earlier still not hear back?
Yup I’m in the same boat, there’s a bunch of us I think. Anecdotally, I noticed a couple folks on here who both completed their interviews on 11/9 but received their acceptance emails two weeks apart. Gave me some hope that we’re not out of the running (yet lol). Rooting for us all to hear good news this Friday or next!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Since VIP day is on Feb. 22, that means we'll have to wait a little longer. They've got 14 days to say yes for those who got in. It's gonna take a long time, in my opinion.

have they sent post-interview rejections to anyone? or do they just ghost? 🙃
They don’t send post-interview rejections until June/July, at which point all rejected candidates receive the email collectively at the same time. In the interim, they ghost.

Hey! Just out of curiosity, where did you see that 1 on 1s with financial aid would be done during the VIP day? I couldn't find it in the email:) thank you:giggle:
If you’re accepted, you can contact Financial Aid at any time to schedule a virtual 1-on-1 meeting. Via phone or email. You don’t have to wait for VIP day. They are very responsive and helpful. One of the perks of the school, imo.

Are decisions sent out every week or every other week? Or is there not a specific schedule?

@Shmoof I see it in an Eventbrite email sent by admissions (Subject line: Details for CUSM VIP Day (Visit in Person)(Copy)). No idea how many students will be attending, but seeing that the "1:1 with Financial Aid" session is only 20 minutes long, I don't think this means they're meeting with each student 1-on-1, but I could be wrong.
Much appreciated, thank you!

Are decisions sent out every week or every other week? Or is there not a specific schedule?
it’s been every other week since the New Year. At least from what people have posted here

It’s really hard to say, we’ve been told the committee meets every other Thursday. If you look through some older posts in this thread, it does kinda seem all over the place though. In December (when they first started notifying folks) they were sending out A/WL emails pretty much weekly, and not just on Fridays. Last month they stuck to Fridays, and people reported being notified on 1/5, 1/19, & 1/26. So it depends, sometimes decisions are emailed weekly and sometimes they skip a week. Since we’ve only had one round in February so far, I’m really hoping they at least release some more decisions either tomorrow or on 2/23 (which is the last Friday of this month).

Hope this helps!! Praying for us all to (finally) hear good news soon!

Reactions: 6 users
What’s our consensus on being invited to the VIP thing … does it mean anything ? 😭 anyone have ideas

What’s our consensus on being invited to the VIP thing … does it mean anything ? 😭 anyone have ideas

My understanding is that it is sent to all waitlisted and accepted students and that it has no bearing on waitlist movement

are they still sending IIs....? im a little confused bc they sent a secondary which ik theyre really picky with and then i took the casper and got 4Q at the end of september and never heard from them again 😭 anyone else in the same boat?

IS A! Secondary received 10/9, Interviewed 11/15, LM 66, Q4 Casper, no ties to IE

• Love
At this point looking like I won’t hear back for like another month lol