2022 NHSC Scholarship Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I requested 2 years of funding, but am considering applying for another year's worth. On their site, they say if you ask for a year of support you must serve two years so does that mean I'll have to do 4 years in total if I get the additional year?

Members don't see this ad.

I had an error on my W-4 form too!! For some reason they told me I didn't include my name/address/SSN which I definitely did... had to resubmit 8/16 which really sucks :(
This exact same thing happened to me last week! If it is in order we may have to wait a bit longer but we'll be good!

So I requested 2 years of funding, but am considering applying for another year's worth. On their site, they say if you ask for a year of support you must serve two years so does that mean I'll have to do 4 years in total if I get the additional year?
I think that's only for when u request 1 year initially.
If you wanna request additional 1 year, I think you'll have to reapply.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They only do countersignatures on work days, correct? So we shouldn’t anticipate any new signatures Sat/Sun/holidays, and expect them to resume Tuesday?

They only do countersignatures on work days, correct? So we shouldn’t anticipate any new signatures Sat/Sun/holidays, and expect them to resume Tuesday?

i believe that’s correct. only business days.

For those who got countersignatures, whats our next step? is there something we're suppose to do after getting the email notif of contract being countersigned?

For those who got countersignatures, whats our next step? is there something we're suppose to do after getting the email notif of contract being countersigned?
After they give you the official notification, they give you a packet of info to give your school on how things work. They also give you more information in your portal and host a webinar to give you next steps/answer questions. There is nothing you need to do until then.

once i get the NHSC SP countersignature (which pretty much confirms i got the scholarship), should i contact my fin aid office and ask if it's still possible to apply for both in-school and out-school scholarship options? (would like to for extra stipend!) or would that be out of the window? (since my tuition and stuff will be fully covered by this scholarship?)

Another question-- I applied for 4 yr scholarship but Is it possible to ask to reduce to 2 during the school year? Or would I need to pay back 3x amount?

Congrats on getting the scholarship!! Since you filled out the summer EVF, does your dental school have a “summer semester” and run on a trimester schedule?

My d-school only has Fall and Spring semesters. Technically, my school doesn’t have a “summer semester” per se, but our “spring” semester ran until end of July so I’m wondering if I should’ve submitted a summer EVF form as well
We are on the quarter system, so we have a summer quarter. I would just go by whatever your school calls it, if they just say you have fall/spring then that's what I'd go with

Another question-- I applied for 4 yr scholarship but Is it possible to ask to reduce to 2 during the school year? Or would I need to pay back 3x amount?
nvm i think i'd have to pay back the amount i wouldve borrowed for those years so dont think itll be possible haha

Is anyone else still waiting on a summer EVF?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else still waiting on a summer EVF?
I am. I got the finalists notification 8/8 and submitted everything 8/10. Been freaking out since I’ve had no counter signature or email for a summer EVF.

Also, very strangely I got a SECOND finalist notification on 8/31 after I had already received a finalist email on 8/8 and submitted everything on 8/10 and signed my contract. I was so confused and unsure what was happening. Called customer service and they said it must be a glitch because they received my forms from the first finalist email. Makes me so nervous. I went ahead and submitted forms again and signed a new contract. Just really hoping the “glitch” doesn’t cost me the contract 😫

I am. I got the finalists notification 8/8 and submitted everything 8/10. Been freaking out since I’ve had no counter signature or email for a summer EVF.
Exact same situation. Fingers crossed they're just being slow!!!

Reactions: 3 users
if we haven't heard back at all is it safe to say we've been rejected. Or have ppl received a finalist notification this late?

For those who've been awarded or are current scholars, can anyone say who is your contact at your school (their role)? My financial aid director said he shouldn't be the contact and that I need to speak with the bursar's office about getting in the required forms but that doesn't sound right to me? Did the financial aid officer help you all?

I am the first person at my school to be awarded this scholarship, so I am kind of in the dark.

Last edited:
For those who've been awarded or are current scholars, can anyone say who is your contact at your school (their role)? My financial aid director said he shouldn't be the contact and that I need to speak with the bursar's office about getting in the required forms but that doesn't sound right to me. Did the financial aid officer help you all?

I am the first person at my school to be awarded this scholarship, so I kind of in the dark.
It is usually the bursar. My school had someone specifically designated as the “3rd party payment coordinator” or something like that.

I’m just here to vent and say I’m anxious 😭 *deep sigh*

@cooliyak are scholars assigned mentors?
They used to offer mentors, but when I asked for one, I never heard back. A few years after that, I asked to be one and I also never heard back. Then I saw that they took away the mentor portal on the website so I assumed they got rid of them completely.

Hi all, this question probably has already been asked, and if so, my apologies. I got my counter signature today, but on my application, it still says under review. Does it take a while to change? Also, I didn't get a confirmation email or anything; the only reason I know it got signed is from looking at the contract on my portal.

Hi all,
quick question. When you click the "Your National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Scholarship Program signed contract" do you see your written signatures? Because I don't. I called their help line and they responded in an email saying "We received your escalation regarding the contract and signature. When you submit the Confirmation of Interest that is your signature. You will be able to see the contract if you are awarded within your Portal account once you are able to log in as a participant." But im afraid they were talking about something else. Can anyone tell me if they see their physical signatures on that form?

Hi all,
quick question. When you click the "Your National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Scholarship Program signed contract" do you see your written signatures? Because I don't. I called their help line and they responded in an email saying "We received your escalation regarding the contract and signature. When you submit the Confirmation of Interest that is your signature. You will be able to see the contract if you are awarded within your Portal account once you are able to log in as a participant." But im afraid they were talking about something else. Can anyone tell me if they see their physical signatures on that form?
Don’t worry. It’s just the electronic signature at the bottom and everyone has blank where it looks like you would physically sign it

Hi all, this question probably has already been asked, and if so, my apologies. I got my counter signature today, but on my application, it still says under review. Does it take a while to change? Also, I didn't get a confirmation email or anything; the only reason I know it got signed is from looking at the contract on my portal.
what time did you receive the counter signature today?

Don’t worry. It’s just the electronic signature at the bottom and everyone has blank where it looks like you would physically sign it
Thank you so much! you have no idea how much anxiety you just relieved!

The countersignature is an “unofficial” step in the process (although, arguably, a signed contract is the most official). The same as the credit check. Nobody tells you when or if it happened, but if you see on your end that it has, it means things are moving forward. The next “official” communication you get is the congratulations email.

The countersignature is an “unofficial” step in the process (although, arguably, a signed contract is the most official). The same as the credit check. Nobody tells you when or if it happened, but if you see on your end that it has, it means things are moving forward. The next “official” communication you get is the congratulations email.
Me being paranoid about getting the email even though I see my award letter on the portal lol

Anyone else recently get the roles tab with “participant” under it but no counter signature yet?

• Sad
Anyone else recently get the roles tab with “participant” under it but no counter signature yet?
yeh, Ive been seeing that for the past week or so, but still no signature

yeh, Ive been seeing that for the past week or so, but still no signature
Me as well, but based off last year's thread, I don't really think it means anything.

Could you show a screenshot of what this looks like?
Are you logging in under the normal “an applicant” then the NHSC scholarship program or where it says “a participant” ??

I feel like the "Participant" tab might be appearing if you ever go to the "Participants" section, because I did the same by visiting the LRP and S2S application portals and it now says something to the effect of "LRP Applicant"/"S2S Applicant" in the tab.

I was curious about what you said, and tried it out, and it works, but not sure if it is just because we could log in because of the system.

Countersigned at 9:08am this morning! Phew such a relief

Reactions: 8 users
WHEW!! Countersigned this morning. Sheesh, I can finally breathe!

Countersigned by Jamie King, but date says it was done on Sept. 2nd ~ 1 pm EST!

Im currently a finalist, but I haven't even received a summer EVF or a countersignature. I was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat?

Countersigned today at 10:47 PST!

Also got my countersignature today! Does anyone know when to expect the congratulations email and when we'll get our stipend/other costs package?

Still waiting for countersig., signed and submitted 8/10

Starting to get nervous, I signed 08/09 and was given a finalist notification on the first day. I haven't gotten any emails about something being wrong with my contract and have yet to receive a countersignature. Anyone else in the same boat?

(For context, I submitted for 4 years of funding.)

Reactions: 3 users