2022-2023 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II 9/16/2022, MCAT 519, sgpa 3.96, ogpa 3.9, finishing up an engineering PhD. Received email for standardized virtual interview right after

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
the kira talent interview questions weren't hard but I felt incredibly awkward..

Legit same - I felt like I was fumbling my words and wasn’t coherent or thoughtful enough. I hate it when it’s not a conversation or can’t see the other person’s face.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
anyone still not received the actual time of their interview, mine is on Thursday and nothing yet lol

Members don't see this ad :)
II OOS, ORM, complete 7/11, LM 75. Feel like an imposter 😭

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
II, IS, ORM, invited 9/16, completed 7/14, LM 69 - seriously. I have no expectations for acceptance, but my LM is proof you have a chance at II anywhere.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Legit same - I felt like I was fumbling my words and wasn’t coherent or thoughtful enough. I hate it when it’s not a conversation or can’t see the other person’s face.
Feel like they could've shortened the "thinking" time and lengthened the "response" time, IMO felt like there was very little time to articulate a response coherently and thoughtfully. I think it is their first year doing Kira? so they're probably still fine tuning the exact numbers and giving the student some leeway in that sense hopefully haha...

MSTP II just in! Never expected this from my hometown school. Completed 7.11

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
homie u were applying mstp this whole time?
No I only applied for WUSTL MSTP (+ some other ivy just for fun). I try not to be away from home for too many years because my parents are old and I might need to take care of them down the line (im an orm so that's my cultural duty) and MSTP is loooooooooong so really the only place I can do MSTP is washu. BTW congrats on you IIs, 15 is unreal, hopefully we can all get that A!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Is there an introduction/presentation before the interviews? I received my interview times but can't find anything about a program that goes throughout the morning. I know there are the adjacent sessions that they recommend attending but I'm a little confused. Can anyone who's already interviewed (or who has it figured out) help me understand? 😅

Thanks!!

17 IIs... u collecting them like they pokemon cards brobro

just realized that's an 80% yield... u cure cancer or something my lord?
my childhood pokemon card collection definitely still a lot bigger haha but for real was not expecting it to play out like this... i don't think anything on my app is that crazy, i honestly just stayed truthful to my story and i guess it worked lol

OOS II this morning, also interviewed last year

Reactions: 1 user
Just did the Kira and thought it went okay (not terrible, but I definitely fumbled here and there). Anyone know how heavily it is weighed in admissions?

Is there an introduction/presentation before the interviews? I received my interview times but can't find anything about a program that goes throughout the morning. I know there are the adjacent sessions that they recommend attending but I'm a little confused. Can anyone who's already interviewed (or who has it figured out) help me understand?

Thanks!!

Was there ever an answer to this? I was wondering the same thing

Also, for people who did the KIRA standardized interview, how long does it take?

Was there ever an answer to this? I was wondering the same thing

Also, for people who did the KIRA standardized interview, how long does it take?
So the info session is completely separate (usually the afternoon after your interviews). Just show up to your two interviews and that's it! Also Kira takes about 30 minutes if you do all the practice questions.

For those of you who have interviewed here. Were there any zoom meeting you have to join or do you just join to your interviewers exactly at your interview time through the portal?

For those of you who have interviewed here. Were there any zoom meeting you have to join or do you just join to your interviewers exactly at your interview time through the portal?
No other meetings (aside from the admissions leadership conversation/financial aid thing in the afternoon), just join your interviews and you'll be good!

Yep, you just join in at your interviewer’s time on the portal (the latter). The Zoom meeting link won’t be released to you until they get there anyways

Reactions: 1 users
is it bad if I do Kira the day of my interview?

II with a LM of 74.1 OOS ORM, which is crazy considering WashU is supposed to be a statwhore score.

Seems WashU interviews like 30% of their applicants, but their median MCAT is 522. Sounds like they already have their mind made up beforehand, huh?

>tfw 82.4 LM but no II
sorry but i think you guys skipped me haha..........
applying out of TX is so demoralizing :(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
>tfw 82.4 LM but no II
sorry but i think you guys skipped me haha..........
applying out of TX is so demoralizing :(
I’m based out of Texas 😇 with no Texas invites 🤔

Last edited:
  • Care